Betting Websites - Free And Bonus Betting Offers

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Hello all,

I'm considering opening up an account, mainly for sports betting. I've narrowed it down to sportsbet v. ladbrokes (after a very brief search.)
I used ladbrokes when I lived in the UK, but I used their brick&mortar outlets; they were depressing, but that's beside the point.

what's most popular? Easy to use, etc

thanks

Sportsbet are the best IMO. Easy to use site, generally have the best odds and always have good promotions.

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Betezy has been really good the last couple of months since Tripp took over. Prior to that had no peer as the worst book in the nation.

On Classic, joined up today. $2 AFL and NRL lines on all games, usually up Thursday and stay up until the match starts, similar to TS. $500 free bet for joining was nice

BetEzy are horrible. Joined for the World Cup promotion and $500 free bet promotion but they hid the terms of the $500 free bet offer so I had them cancel my account and refund my deposit.

Hello all,

I'm considering opening up an account, mainly for sports betting. I've narrowed it down to sportsbet v. ladbrokes (after a very brief search.)
I used ladbrokes when I lived in the UK, but I used their brick&mortar outlets; they were depressing, but that's beside the point.

what's most popular? Easy to use, etc

thanks
Sportsbet have good markets but their lines/odds move at the drop of a hat. You read something being $1.91, go to log on and it's already down to $1.67. Depends how seriously you're taking it I suppose.

Sportsbet have good markets but their lines/odds move at the drop of a hat. You read something being $1.91, go to log on and it's already down to $1.67. Depends how seriously you're taking it I suppose.

This will happen on smaller markets like fantasy bets but not generally.

Ladbrokes are horrible - will almost never be top odds on anything.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Are any bookies currently offering sign up bonuses/decent promos to Victorians?

I remember a few years ago when I signed up with luxbet they had a bonus that was supposedly unavailable to victorians but gave it to me anyway no problems.

I remember a few years ago when I signed up with luxbet they had a bonus that was supposedly unavailable to victorians but gave it to me anyway no problems.
Palmerbet and Ladbrokes I had no issues with.

EDIT: Also Topsport.

Redacted Boner

Team Captain
Suspended
May 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Eintracht Braunschweig

Ladbrokes will match up to $250 as a "loyalty" bonus for new accounts, min odds 1.50 2x rollover within 90 days, can only use the bonus as the whole matched amount or broken into, 2 ($125), 3 ($83.30) or 4 ($62.50) bets, not a minimum $10 like most other Aussie books do with bonus/freebets and you can't use em on promo markets.

terminators

All Australian
Oct 10, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
Feedback from Classic Bet first couple of weeks.

Sports markets are limited and lines are pretty tight, not a heap of value in most markets. Occasionally they've been best price but definitely exception rather than rule.

Promos - $2 AFL / NRL lines are good but only go up at random times. First week all markets were up Thursday, last week only on day of game, this week they didn't put Sunday up at all. Winnings need to be rolled @ 1-50 once before withdrawing

Racing top fluc product is good.

$500 free bet - All went well except limited to only be used on racing. Also got a referrer $200 FB which was the same

All in all I'd say definitely not first choice book but handy side edition if you play ponies and AFL / NRL lines. Not a lot of value other than those

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ladbrokes will match up to $250 as a "loyalty" bonus for new accounts, min odds 1.50 2x rollover within 90 days, can only use the bonus as the whole matched amount or broken into, 2 ($125), 3 ($83.30) or 4 ($62.50) bets, not a minimum $10 like most other Aussie books do with bonus/freebets and you can't use em on promo markets.

just confirming that this is applied to new vic accounts. the website specifically excludes vic, but so did the last promo i got with luxbet.

Redacted Boner

Team Captain
Suspended
May 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, Eintracht Braunschweig
just confirming that this is applied to new vic accounts. the website specifically excludes vic, but so did the last promo i got with luxbet.

Yeah, just contact CS after you deposit and the welcome bonus changes to a loyalty bonus.
If you use a freebet on a promo or $2 powerline, it will say it's rejected but you'll have to contact CS to get it refunded.

Ladbrokes don't have the best of odds, game lines and totals are awful for Tennis. Worth it for the 2x r.o bonus, ATM card and $2 lines on AFL/NRL though.

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
BetEzy are horrible. Joined for the World Cup promotion and $500 free bet promotion but they hid the terms of the $500 free bet offer so I had them cancel my account and refund my deposit.
June 26 post? Ouch, they pretty much changed their free bet terms/turnover requirements around the time of this post...

However I get where you are coming from, I almost very nearly did what you did...

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
June 26 post? Ouch, they pretty much changed their free bet terms/turnover requirements around the time of this post...

However I get where you are coming from, I almost very nearly did what you did...

Their turnover requirements were ridiculous. 3 times at odds of 2.00 or greater, the worst I have seen. And they hid them which is how I got my refund.

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Their turnover requirements were ridiculous. 3 times at odds of 2.00 or greater, the worst I have seen. And they hid them which is how I got my refund.
Their Terms and Conditions were conveniently vague about it, lol. I think the turnover requirements are just once at odds of 1.60 or greater now.

Feedback from Classic Bet first couple of weeks.

Sports markets are limited and lines are pretty tight, not a heap of value in most markets. Occasionally they've been best price but definitely exception rather than rule.

Promos - $2 AFL / NRL lines are good but only go up at random times. First week all markets were up Thursday, last week only on day of game, this week they didn't put Sunday up at all. Winnings need to be rolled @ 1-50 once before withdrawing

Racing top fluc product is good.

$500 free bet - All went well except limited to only be used on racing. Also got a referrer $200 FB which was the same

All in all I'd say definitely not first choice book but handy side edition if you play ponies and AFL / NRL lines. Not a lot of value other than those
Are the free bets split up or can you use it like a balance?

footystar_

Team Captain
Mar 29, 2006
Pt Cook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Betstar offer a free $250 to victoria residents mate! deposit $250 and they give you an extra $250 and IMO they are the best bookie for Brownlow betting -> http://www.betstar.com.au/?a=1000269&b=12

Betstar offer a free $250 to victoria residents mate! deposit $250 and they give you an extra $250 and IMO they are the best bookie for Brownlow betting -> http://www.betstar.com.au/?a=1000269&b=12

Are you sure? o_O

BS 250.PNG

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

Punting Deals

Draftee
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
BetEzy suck.

Apparently they are relaunching soon. Matt Tripp should make it very sportsbet-ey you'd think? In either case I agree with you, the site is a nightmare to navigate and looks absolutely dated as soon as you scratch the surface. But with the VERY reduced turnover requirements on BetEzy you can really game it for a BIG payday. Much more so if you're willing to be a bit riskier with the free bet. Something i'm looking into...

They've made some sneaky customer acquisition strategies recently. Their $50 free bets on all socceroos group games, and changed turnover requirements are probably cheap risks compared to the millions they'll spend advertising after they launch.

My mate who helps with the site used one of the free bets he got from another deal and placed it on Ricciardo to win the F1. $98 @ $15. He'll be buying me lunch for a while... Of course that's not to say that is going to happen very regularly. However if you can engineer enough situations where you get free bets then your chances improve significantly. Not easy but I can't think of many other ways to make $1k, other than working.

Sorry went on a bit of a tangent, but yes their site is pretty bad to use, but the profit potential is there!

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Apparently they are relaunching soon. Matt Tripp should make it very sportsbet-ey you'd think? In either case I agree with you, the site is a nightmare to navigate and looks absolutely dated as soon as you scratch the surface. But with the VERY reduced turnover requirements on BetEzy you can really game it for a BIG payday. Much more so if you're willing to be a bit riskier with the free bet. Something i'm looking into...

They've made some sneaky customer acquisition strategies recently. Their $50 free bets on all socceroos group games, and changed turnover requirements are probably cheap risks compared to the millions they'll spend advertising after they launch.

My mate who helps with the site used one of the free bets he got from another deal and placed it on Ricciardo to win the F1. $98 @ $15. He'll be buying me lunch for a while... Of course that's not to say that is going to happen very regularly. However if you can engineer enough situations where you get free bets then your chances improve significantly. Not easy but I can't think of many other ways to make $1k, other than working.

Sorry went on a bit of a tangent, but yes their site is pretty bad to use, but the profit potential is there!

Sportingbet, Centrebet and BetFred all have better turnover requirements and are better sites generally. BetEzy also limit bigger bets which is a problem when you are trying to turnover your deposit bonus.

Back