Betting websites

Rooster Cogburn

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
How is it that I am a horses ****** and sportingbet have barred me from fixed odds yet they still let you on

They don't like you. Simples.

41592_135684498521_4278963_n.jpg

terminators

All Australian
Oct 10, 2008
geelong
AFL Club
Collingwood
My sportingbet acct got restricted, allowed to win 2k in metro, 1k provincial, less in the bush. I rang them up, they increased it to about double that at my request. Very good of them I thought.

Bookies shouldn't have to let you on for as much as you want, but what they've increased my limit to counts, IMO, as a fair and reasonable amount. Wish other bookies, like sportsbet and bet365, did same.

How did the conversation play out when you rang up?

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
How did the conversation play out when you rang up?

I asked to be put through to someone I could talk to about my acct being limited, I was put on hold, transferred to someone. I said that I'd like to request an increase, that it looked like I could get on to win about 2k metro, about 1k or less the rest depending on venue, and that I'd like to increase it a bit, double it if I could. I told them - and my bets back this up, and this might be the reason why it happened - that I don't price snipe, I don't BF arb, and that I make all effort where possible to give the traders an out, ie to get on not at the last moment, in case the trader wants to get out of the bet. (I used to work as a trader at joints like this - well, it was IAS anyway, in the Read days, not Paddy Power - and I firmly believe you have to have a fair bet, a fair contest, not try to trick them or sneak past them. Give them an out, if they need it they'll use it.)

So, I said all that, the guy was looking and clicking and tapping keys, and saying, "yeah, yeah" sometimes, and increased it a bit. He didn't double it, but it's not far off on what I can tell so far.

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Beautide The Tassie Terminator
Does anybody bet with this mob???

PUNTERS have been left almost $300,000 out of pocket by online bookmaker Canbet.
After having accounts frozen for three months, disgruntled punters have begun legal action and flooded the Herald Sun with complaints about the two Australian-based directors Peter Lord and Graeme White after a missed deadline for payment.
But the directors are attempting a last-minute rescue package after the company’s major investor, Indian publicly-listed firm Delta, last week pulled the plug on plans to refinance the bookmaker to help pay off existing debts.
In a letter sent to customers on Wednesday, the directors of the UK licensed gambling operator apologised for failing to meet the previous payment promise for the end of January but pledged to sell assets to recoup funds and pay clients’ outstanding account balances.
The web-based bookie, which has a UK rather than Victorian gaming licence, offered live-in play odds on sporting events ranging from AFL to horse racing.
Sources close to the company said it is not "a Bill Vlahos type situation" and everything possible is being done to make sure account holders get their money back.
In January, however, the online sports betting operator stopped taking bets, blaming an IT malfunction for a short-term cashflow problem as the bonuses being offered outweighed deposits.
A director for Canbet said this has been a bruising period in which the leadership team have faced death threats and regular abuse.
"But we are working as diligently as we can to pay our debts," he said.
“We acknowledge that we had made previous statements that were made on the belief that these funds would be forthcoming and apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused. Such statements were made in good faith at the time they were made.”
The Herald Sun visited the parent company’s office in Melbourne this week but was denied entry.
The bookmaker’s legal representative said Canbet denied that people were being “ripped off” but accepted people were awaiting payment.
But Ben Ashworth, who is owed about $2000 and has begun legal action in the UK to get his money back after almost three months, warned the promises have come to nothing so far.
"I’m worried that ... there will be other victims in the future," he said.
After being contacted about the case by the Herald Sun the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation said it had nothing to do with them.
"Canbet is an online bookmaker and is licensed in the United Kingdom — therefore it comes under the jurisdiction of the UK Gambling Commission," a VCGLR spokesman said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...kie-freezes-300k/story-fni0fee2-1226825190296

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Luckily, the UK gambling commission is likely to be more competent that the ACT GRC.
Whilst a jar of pickles that hasn't been touched in three years is more competent than the ACT guys, there are degrees of magnitude and it doesn't seem like the UK guys are much more competent than the ACT ones.

This is another situation where no segregation of funds was required, astounding really that this is still allowed to happen in "civilised" countries (noting that the third world licenses that a lot operate under are basically a joke anyway)

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
A question arises within me, after reading that... what Aussie bookies are potentially problematic? I generally keep more money in the accounts than I should, because deposits and withdrawals are tedious, but if the stuff like above happens here, well I'll need to be like a bloody Scotsman and be constantly managing balances.

It's probably something I should know... but how safe are Aussie books?

Rooster Cogburn

Premiership Player
Dec 16, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
Does it really matter what we say?

I'd rather have my money in an actual bank account with funding guarantees, than trust anything ANY of the regulatory bodies in this country say regarding gambling and how secure funds are.

Seriously, it's not that hard to setup withdrawals to your bank account, deposit with credit card (if you have enough money to worry about you'll be meeting turnover requirements easily) and then just pay your card off each day/week/month from your bank account, or use POLI, or skrill.

Does it really matter what we say?

I'd rather have my money in an actual bank account with funding guarantees, than trust anything ANY of the regulatory bodies in this country say regarding gambling and how secure funds are.

Seriously, it's not that hard to setup withdrawals to your bank account, deposit with credit card (if you have enough money to worry about you'll be meeting turnover requirements easily) and then just pay your card off each day/week/month from your bank account, or use POLI, or skrill.
My concern about constant withdrawls is getting limited. I guess taht may be better than losing money though.

Most pretty much offer the same thing!
I can't get over how many there are. I followed one on twitter, then one after the other started following me to get my attention and it hasn't stopped. Looks like I might have to stick to the Aussie ones.

PIESPREMIERS2010

Debutant
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Minnesota Vikings
Just emailed sportingbet regarding their Last Man Standing Promotion and was told they wont be offering it this year. Extremely disappointing given it was one of the better promotions going around....

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Just emailed sportingbet regarding their Last Man Standing Promotion and was told they wont be offering it this year. Extremely disappointing given it was one of the better promotions going around....
it's ok, the bigfooty punting board $20 challenge will still be back :thumbsu:

Back