Betting websites

Remove this Banner Ad

just as a matter of interest what would you guys have done if the bet won?

Can I take the 5th?

I actually said that to them as well. Understand their predicament in deciding as if it won I'd have 4K extra in the account. They would probably also have a complaint from the punter who placed the bet when he didn't get paid. Was very pleased with the way they went about resolving it just as much as the outcome, prompt and didn't accuse me of trying to play them etc. I think being an outlier from normal betting patterns had a bit to do with it.

- I never bet midweek during the day
- I never back 20-1 shots
- I never bet through the phone

etc

just as a matter of interest what would you guys have done if the bet won?
Similarly, would the person who called up to place the $500 bet call the book's customer service and say, "excuse me, but I placed a $500 bet earlier. The bet lost but my account balance hasn't been debited the $500. Can you please subtract that money from my balance?"

I would assume there would be far more people who would take the money and run rather than owning up to being credited with money that doesn't belong to them. I'm not sure what number we'd be talking about in % terms, though.

Not exactly the same, but this year twice I have been paid out on bets that lost

I told the bookie both times, as if it were on the other foot I would be ensuring I got paid. One of them was $100, the book let me keep it as goodwill. The other was $500, they then sent an email saying "ok" and reversed it without a thanks or anything. Then cut me off from promos like a month later. I regret telling them, as it was like a week after the result that I pointed it out to them, expecting that they'd figure it out in that week

Not exactly the same, but this year twice I have been paid out on bets that lost

I told the bookie both times, as if it were on the other foot I would be ensuring I got paid. One of them was $100, the book let me keep it as goodwill. The other was $500, they then sent an email saying "ok" and reversed it without a thanks or anything. Then cut me off from promos like a month later. I regret telling them, as it was like a week after the result that I pointed it out to them, expecting that they'd figure it out in that week

Stab in the dark but is the second book Palmerbet?

this is probably off topic but its a similar story, one time i put on a bet at the TAB and the person in front of me collected $800, I put my $20 bet on and the guy behind the counter who walked away, came back and started to give me $780 because he forgot to press the last bet button... I took a deep breath and said, thanks but this is not my money... I would have walked away but i know the person who paid for the unders at the end of the day is the operator and not the TAB... but it was pre cameras being on at all times in the TAB so it was easy money..

Similarly, would the person who called up to place the $500 bet call the book's customer service and say, "excuse me, but I placed a $500 bet earlier. The bet lost but my account balance hasn't been debited the $500. Can you please subtract that money from my balance?"

I would assume there would be far more people who would take the money and run rather than owning up to being credited with money that doesn't belong to them. I'm not sure what number we'd be talking about in % terms, though.

Well generally what happens is that the bet then gets allocated to the right account after the error is found. You can do all sorts of things with the program they've got. Particular if you've got their mobile number. A few dodgy punters try to do stuff like ring up, try to place a bet without giving their account number and try to get a horse going around for free.

this is probably off topic but its a similar story, one time i put on a bet at the TAB and the person in front of me collected $800, I put my $20 bet on and the guy behind the counter who walked away, came back and started to give me $780 because he forgot to press the last bet button... I took a deep breath and said, thanks but this is not my money... I would have walked away but i know the person who paid for the unders at the end of the day is the operator and not the TAB... but it was pre cameras being on at all times in the TAB so it was easy money..
I used to work in a TAB and something similar happened to me once. I was working with someone else and he was quite inexperienced. Someone asked to withdraw $250 from their account, and instead of hitting withdrawal, the dumbass hit deposit and ended up giving him $250 cash as well as depositing $250 in his account.

It actually took three hours for us to go through every transaction and check CCTV footage to determine how we could possibly be $500 down at the end of the shift.

We got the money back from him a week later otherwise he and I were out of pocket $125 each (the company pays 50% and staff responsible pay the remaining 50%).

I used to work in a TAB and something similar happened to me once. I was working with someone else and he was quite inexperienced. Someone asked to withdraw $250 from their account, and instead of hitting withdrawal, the dumbass hit deposit and ended up giving him $250 cash as well as depositing $250 in his account.

It actually took three hours for us to go through every transaction and check CCTV footage to determine how we could possibly be $500 down at the end of the shift.

We got the money back from him a week later otherwise he and I were out of pocket $125 each (the company pays 50% and staff responsible pay the remaining 50%).

Did the customer voluntarily come back or did you have to track him down?

When betting at the tab ticket machine, how long after the result do you have to collect your winning ticket?

I had a similar situation with Betstar during the AFL season. Won $300 on Podsiadly to kick the most goals in one of the Adelaide games. Eddie Betts also kicked that same amount, so they should have divided it up but they didn't. I quickly withdrew the money and never heard anything about it after that.

Did the customer voluntarily come back or did you have to track him down?
The outlet I worked at contacted TAB head office and explained the situation to them. The TAB locked his account. A week later he came in to pay $500 and asked if we could call TAB to get them to unlock his account. I'm assuming he made enquiries with the TAB when he realised he couldn't bet on his account, and he was told if he didn't pay the money back, he wouldn't be able to bet. Maybe they threatened to send debt collectors around too. Not really sure. But he definitely didn't do it voluntarily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah have found their customer service brilliant since the takeover. Its as if they knew just how diabolical they were back in the day. Plus with the bonus bet offers every week they are definitely my top 3 books
Yeah look +1 for Beteasy customer service. Was having difficulty making a first withdrawal. Was their fault, I was polite with emails, they ended up taking the initiative to call me and apologise and sort it all out.

Sure one could be cynical and say they make it hard to withdraw hoping I never do, but hey, they all do that.

The outlet I worked at contacted TAB head office and explained the situation to them. The TAB locked his account. A week later he came in to pay $500 and asked if we could call TAB to get them to unlock his account. I'm assuming he made enquiries with the TAB when he realised he couldn't bet on his account, and he was told if he didn't pay the money back, he wouldn't be able to bet. Maybe they threatened to send debt collectors around too. Not really sure. But he definitely didn't do it voluntarily.

Yeah all Ts and Cs you read make it pretty clear that "bank error in your favour" wont end up in your favour. Unless you plan on never dealing with them again prob best to stay honest.

Only utensil up I've had in my favour if you can call it that is getting unbanned from promos when eskander sold out. Too bad DFO on spring G1s is a thing of the past.

Took advantage of the awesome open account offer at Bet365. Easy as hell to meet the turnover requirements if you manage your bankroll. Essentially a free $200 in the pocket.

Been checking out other bookmakers recently and I've decided to move my bankroll into a TAB account for a little while. They've got the first quarter NBA markets I need, however they do lack some of the other markets Bet365 is known for (additional point spreads etc) which may make it interesting.

When betting at the tab ticket machine, how long after the result do you have to collect your winning ticket?

It used to be 12 months back in the day - not sure if that still applies.

So it seems like the IAS>Sportsbet conversion the Betfair-Beteasy deal is going to mean I automatically get a Beteasy account.

Assume this means I should sign up for one before hand so I can still get the deposit bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back