Betting websites

I went to place two large wagers with ladbrokes on the horses last weekend and miracously both firmed when i went to accept the bet. As soon as i declined the new odds the prices went out to the orginal price again. I then had a max bet of $50 on their best tote or SP +20% promo despite them already capping a max amount you can win off the promo.

They are ahead of me since ive been there when i ran the numbers the other day. Banned as soon as i get back in the black?

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The biggest thing they use is if you "beat the closing line", to quote the flogs. In the horses, this means the final price. I have a friend's account on bet365 I've been using, cannot back a winner on it, would be losing > 50% on turnover, yet now is heavily restricted as they have all started much shorter than the price I took.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
The biggest thing they use is if you "beat the closing line", to quote the flogs. In the horses, this means the final price. I have a friend's account on bet365 I've been using, cannot back a winner on it, would be losing > 50% on turnover, yet now is heavily restricted as they have all started much shorter than the price I took.

Have a friend in the industry and can confirm that they care about this more than actual win/loss.

The thought is that if you are always taking "good" prices, you will have more chance of winning in the long run, while if you take bad prices, you may still get winners but any margin will be shot and you'll probably lose.

Something like that anyway.

Small Moves

Premiership Player
Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Texans, Texas A&M, Rockets
It's impossible to place a live bet via 365 betCall when they keep changing the fking odds. Had to try 6 times on the baseball this morning and just gave up. :confused:

Just a lazy 8% for the quality 'product' that is QLD and NSW racing

d452201d26c7a9b7292ab8634013e9d6.gif

No surprise really. Up the commission to pay for wasted money on s**t such as new grandstands while neglecting the thing in racing that needs the most money, the track, god bless them for wanting a better return on their shallow (compared to victoria) pools.

God only knows why your pools aren't large ATC, I mean you have the theatre of the horse, everyone ******* loves the theatre of the horse dont they? I know it sure makes me want to bet more into your shambles of a product. :rolleyes:

Just a thought and hey, maybe I'm way off, but what punter in their right mind would want to bet a significant amount on Sydney and Brisbane (albeit EF is getting a makeover finally) racing when the tracks are a heavy every Saturday throughout winter because someone spills a bottle of Mountain Franklin on them on a Wednesday?

"Slug the punters a higher commission!" Its only fair after all you have done for us.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Unibet. - Can anyone shed light on their bonus bet rules?

Have not used them in ages but have been offered a deposit bonus. 50%, and bonus winnings include stake. Then I go to read the turnover requirements etc, and it confused the hell out of me, it seems there are THREE separate balances in one's account (instead of two - cash & bonus).

Will have another read later but keen to know if anyone here can provide the tl;dr version.

Philler

Debutant
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Unibet. - Can anyone shed light on their bonus bet rules?

Have not used them in ages but have been offered a deposit bonus. 50%, and bonus winnings include stake. Then I go to read the turnover requirements etc, and it confused the hell out of me, it seems there are THREE separate balances in one's account (instead of two - cash & bonus).

Will have another read later but keen to know if anyone here can provide the tl;dr version.

tl:dr version: Just bet 2x bonus amount on odds of 1.40 or greater and all the money in the account is yours.

Closed my accounts i punt way to much just bet with the s**t Tab for now

Sportsbet & Crownbet are by far the best agencies to punt with

Sportsbet offer pretty good racing odds i get Best late change with them which most people don't

Crownbet offer some pretty good promotions and bonus bet offers

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
tl:dr version: Just bet 2x bonus amount on odds of 1.40 or greater and all the money in the account is yours.
Cheers.

Yeah seems that is the case - according to some correspondence I had and the reading of the rules, it's possible I don't even need to bet the bonus, (will find out soon). But I think that sort of behaviour might be black mark material so may as well punt it......

Pretty sure every book on earth offers that

Maybe they do just giving my opinion hero

I have bet with them all and for service odds and being looked after Sportsbet followed by Crownbet are the best

Back