Help BF crashing tab in Google Chrome - Solved on Page 6?

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited by a moderator:

This might just be me but figured I'd raise it just in case.

Last few days BF has been crashing the tab it's in in Chrome. Seems random but seems to happen most often on the main forums page. Affecting anyone else?

Happens if I click on my alerts that are still red.

Most likely it's a chrome update (it constantly updates) that's caused it

This has been happening to me for about a week now. It will work for a bit and then all BF tabs on Chrome will crash with the 'aw snap' page.

If I use Safari or in fact any other browser, I have no such issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't recreate, nothing on server logs. Nothing has changed recently.

Is anyone having this issue on Windows, or is it only OsX?
I got the oh snap when hovering over alerts only once, been fine for everything else except that one time, just assumed my net crashed or something at the time.

What extensions do you use?

Currently enabled extension full names.

AdBlock
Cisco WebEx Extension
EasyDrop
Enhanced Steam
ESPN Cricinfo
F.B. Purity-Clean Up Facebook
Ghostery
Google Calendar (by Google)
Google Docs
Google Mail Checker
Google Sheets
Google Slides
Hola Better Internet
Hush - private bookmarking
Internode Usage Meter
LastPass: Free Password Manager
Reddit Enhancement Suite
Stylish
Unsocialize: The Link Unsocializer

Can't recreate, nothing on server logs. Nothing has changed recently.

Is anyone having this issue on Windows, or is it only OsX?
I have Windows 7 64 bit.

So it happens regularly at home, but at work, where Chrome doesn't update automatically and is now out of date, it doesn't happen at all. Extensions are the same across both ones so I don't think it's that Chief

I have Windows 7 64 bit.

So it happens regularly at home, but at work, where Chrome doesn't update automatically and is now out of date, it doesn't happen at all. Extensions are the same across both ones so I don't think it's that Chief
Given this, as it doesn't happen to me and I am on the latest version, I suspect it is the browser version combined with an extension. The advice would be the same, rip it all out and re-add one by one.

Just to hopefully speed that process up, does anyone having the problem also have any of the extensions I listed?
Only one of those I have is Adblock. I tried disabling them all one by one though. Might try a full reinstall per Chief's advice.

Just to hopefully speed that process up, does anyone having the problem also have any of the extensions I listed?
I don't have the problem, have the latest version of Chrome as the extentions we share are:

Adblock (although mine is AdBlock Plus)
Cisco WebEx Extension
Reddit Enhancement Suite

The one that stands out to me is Stylish - I'd uninstall that one first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back