Other BF NFL Supporters List and Survey (2012 - 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SURVEY
1. How did you start taking interest in American football?
- Regular watcher of First Take on ESPN. Starting watching it during the NBA Finals when Miami were playing the Thunder. Once that was finished all they talked about was the NFL so I figured I'd check it out. That was back in 2012.
2. When did you start keenly following the NFL?
- Probably a few months later when I got the rules and picked Baltimore as a team.
3. Where does gridiron rank among your favorite sports?
- Probably a toss up at third. I watch Baltimore and the NFL in general more than Parramatta and the NRL.
4. Watching gridiron in Australia, what is the rough percentage breakdown between OneHD, Streams, Torrents, Foxtel, Gamepass?
- 40% ESPN, 30% 7mate, 30% Streams.
4. Favorite NFL and NCAA team(s)?
- Baltimore Ravens
5. Favorite NRL and AFL team(s)?
- Parramatta Eels and Sydney Swans
6. What is your 'astrological' or 'chinese new year' NFL team -- nickname of team that won the championship in the year of your birth?
- New York Giants
7. Favorite current and all-time player from your NFL team?
- All-Time is Ray Lewis, Current is Terrell Suggs
8. Favorite all-time NFL and NCAA player(s)?
- Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Joe Flacco(criminally underrated), Jacoby Jones, Haloti Ngata, Anquan Boldin
9. Favorite current player(s) from other teams you wish were on your team?
- Richard Sherman, J.J Watt, Adrian Peterson, Derrell Revis.
10. Your strongest memory of any NFL/NCAA games, moments, incidents, or news?
- Joe Flacco throwing the game winning touchdown against Denver back in 2012 in overtime to put us into the AFC championship game.
11. Which 8 gridiron people in history would you invite home for a night of dinner and conversation?
- Ray Lewis, Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Deion Sanders, Michael Irvine, John Harbaugh
12. What US pro-sports gear do you own and/or aim to buy in future?
- Got a Ray Lewis home jersey and a Ravens snapback. Looking at getting a Purple Ravens jersey.
13. If you were commissioner, what changes to the NFL or NCAA comps themselves would you make?
- If it was possible then make the games go faster. I know I prefer watching game replays at night on ESPN because it would cut down the games from three hours to two hours.
14. What rule changes or concepts would you like to see put in or taken out of American football per se?
- None that I can think of.
15. Have you been to a gridiron game -- (nfl, ncaa, arena, cfl, lfl, ufl, xfl)?
- No but I plan to when I go over to America. Always wanted to go to Cowboy Stadium.
18. Have you participated in gridiron in Australia or overseas? And at what level -- as player, coach, official, administrator, journalist, cheerleader?
- No
20. Do you play gridiron video games? How often? Favorite all-time gridiron video game?
- Have got Madden 13 and use to play it all the time.
21. Are you planning on buying a next-gen console? Which one?
- When the price drops on them, I hardly play my PS3 as is.
22. Do you play NFL fantasy football? If not, are you interested in joining a BF NFL fantasy comp next season?
- No, don't think I'd be any good at it.
23. How often do you gamble on the NFL/NCAA? What are you best/worst gambling results?
- I like chucking a random multi-bet on but haven't been successful so far.
24. Are you interested in joining the Armchair Endzone prize-money tipping comp for next season?
- I would need someone to give me the details but sounds interesting enough.

SURVEY

Watching a couple games on TV around 2012
When I was in America last year for half a year
#1 aussie rules, #2 Ice Hockey 3# gridiron
4. Watching gridiron in Australia, what is the rough percentage breakdown between OneHD, Streams, Torrents, Foxtel, Gamepass?
Mostly Free to air but will get game pass when I have money ;)
Phildelhpia Eagles, Mizzou Tigers
Collingwood
6. What is your 'astrological' or 'chinese new year' NFL team -- nickname of team that won the championship in the year of your birth?
Packers won 1997, I was born december 96
LeSean McCoy
don't really know enough, beckhem jnr guy on the giants?
above ^
Sorry I don't know, Going to an NFL Game
11. Which 8 gridiron people in history would you invite home for a night of dinner and conversation?
I don't really know, I'll try and name as much people as I know. Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Nick Foles,
nothing, I don't know
13. If you were commissioner, what changes to the NFL or NCAA comps themselves would you make?
I'm sure everything's fine
14. What rule changes or concepts would you like to see put in or taken out of American football per se?
why can't you kick the ball? apart from field goal and punting?
went to New York Giants at St Louis Rams last year
16. Which games stood out most as an event for atmosphere, fans, stadiums, and general city fun?
honestly High School football games had a fair bit of atmosphere
17. What were the worst and why?
Haven't had any bad experiences
18. Have you participated in gridiron in Australia or overseas? And at what level -- as player, coach, official, administrator, journalist, cheerleader? When I was in america I went to school there joined the Football team. I was like the school's best punter :p really boring position though
19. Name one player from the upcoming NFL Draft that you wish your NFL team could have?
NFL draft is really far away, I don't know any player in next years draft.
20. Do you play gridiron video games? How often? Favorite all-time gridiron video game?
Yeah have started playing a madden game.
There is a PS4 In my house.
22. Do you play NFL fantasy football? If not, are you interested in joining a BF NFL fantasy comp next season?
I'll be interested in joining. is it like super coach?
23. How often do you gamble on the NFL/NCAA?
What are you best/worst gambling results? when I went to New york vs st louis I had just turned 18 while I was in America. I put a bet on the game through sportsbet (not even sure if that was legal since online gambling is illegal in the US) anyway put $10 on new york at 3.3 (yes against the home team) and I won :D first and only bet on the NFL.
24. Are you interested in joining the Armchair Endzone prize-money tipping comp for next season?
Yeah sure what is it?

Thought I might as well answer these questions before the season starts, forgive the team bias but I know much more about my team than the rest of the league ... hoping and expecting to learn more though

1. How did you start taking interest in American football? I remember watching Don Lane host a highlights show I think on ABC which was my first introduction to the game
2. When did you start keenly following the NFL? I guess in the last few years I have progressively become more keen upon the NFL, still don't possess the expertise that others on this board have
3. Where does gridiron rank among your favorite sports? AFL is #1 but my interest in that is waning. I like cricket as well. On the next level is probably NFL, NHL, Soccer
4. Watching gridiron in Australia, what is the rough percentage breakdown between OneHD, Streams, Torrents, Foxtel, Gamepass? I generally watch redzone on Foxtel as well as any games shown. I never watch games on the digital channels. Bit the bullet and bought game pass for this upcoming season.
4. Favorite NFL and NCAA team(s)? Miami Dolphins ... don't follow anyone in College football (don't mind watching it though)
5. Favorite NRL and AFL team(s)? Melbourne Storm I guess, but not passionate. Essendon in AFL and very passionate
6. What is your 'astrological' or 'chinese new year' NFL team -- nickname of team that won the championship in the year of your birth? Steelers
7. Favorite current and all-time player from your NFL team? I couldn't be a Dolphin fan and not mention Ray Finkle could I? But the only jersey I own was Ricky Williams. Currently, well I guess I am happy with Tannehill's progress.
8. Favorite all-time NFL and NCAA player(s)? Apart from Dolphins players I liked Owens, Emmitt Smith
9. Favorite current player(s) from other teams you wish were on your team? Larry Fitzgerald, Eddie Lacy seem pretty classy guys. I was pretty keen on Dolphins picking up Evan Mathis for no other reason that our O-Line is horrid. Gronk would be handy
10. Your strongest memory of any NFL/NCAA games, moments, incidents, or news? It's fresh, but its hard to go past the ending to last seasons superbowl. But then again, its hard to forget the NFC Champ game either
11. Which 8 gridiron people in history would you invite home for a night of dinner and conversation? Dan Marino, Ricky Williams, Brent Grimes, Cam Wake, Ryan Tannehill, Lamar Miller, Ndamukong Suh, and I'll say Ja'wuan James cos he retweeted me once
12. What US pro-sports gear do you own and/or aim to buy in future? Plenty, will stick to Dolphins gear - Ricky Williams jersey, Polo Shirt, Tannehill t shirt, Cap, Beanie. Oh, for other NFL I did get TO to sign a ball for me when he came out early this year.
13. If you were commissioner, what changes to the NFL or NCAA comps themselves would you make? I don't really know ... I think after the Deflategate debacle its prob not great that Goodell wields so much power.
14. What rule changes or concepts would you like to see put in or taken out of American football per se? I'll defer to others expertise here. I guess I've always thought that 3 points is a fair bit for a field goal though
15. Have you been to a gridiron game -- (nfl, ncaa, arena, cfl, lfl, ufl, xfl)? I've been to 2 NFL, both times Dolphins playing Jets at Metlife (Dolphins won both!)
16. Which games stood out most as an event for atmosphere, fans, stadiums, and general city fun? I guess last year the Dolphins scored a TD right in front of me - that was pretty cool in a tight game
17. What were the worst and why? No bad memories of attending a game ...Loved it. It was damn cold though
18. Have you participated in gridiron in Australia or overseas? And at what level -- as player, coach, official, administrator, journalist, cheerleader? No
19. Name one player from the upcoming NFL Draft that you wish your NFL team could have? Well from the draft just complete I guess Amari Cooper from a positional sense. Not upset that we picked up Devante Parker though
20. Do you play gridiron video games? How often? Favorite all-time gridiron video game? Not really, got Madden mobile on my phone but don't really play it
21. Are you planning on buying a next-gen console? Which one? Nope
22. Do you play NFL fantasy football? If not, are you interested in joining a BF NFL fantasy comp next season? Nope, think I'll observe for a while before I think to get involved in this. I like the idea of it though, but I just don't think I have enough knowledge across the league to be any good at it
23. How often do you gamble on the NFL/NCAA? What are you best/worst gambling results? Not tremendously much. Maybe small amounts. I did turn 10 bucks into 350 mostly betting on NFL that paid for a nights bottle service in NYC
Don't know what this is, but probably not.

~2008 when OneHD started showing the Super Bowl
2012. I decided to pick a team. Chicago.
~ 5-6. But I'll watch the NFL over pretty much any sport (ex. cricket) if it's on TV.
If I'm at home, I'll watch it on the TV (7mate); and if I'm at uni, straight into streaming the Bears game.
Chicago Bears, and don't follow the NCAA (too many teams)
Melbourne Storm and Carlton
San Francisco 49ers
Pass. I'm don't know many NFL players, only the ones that come up on The League
See above
See above
Watching the last 2mins of thr Super Bowl in 2009 after coming back from school early.
Pass.
I don't have an American sports gear, would like to get a jersey from the teams I support in America
Less advertising breaks. The ads are way to important during games.
Remove the large number of people on the sideline and install coaches boxes / dugouts for the people not currently on the field.
Limit the amount of interchanges (people coming on and off the field)
No
16. Which games stood out most as an event for atmosphere, fans, stadiums, and general city fun?
18. Have you participated in gridiron in Australia or overseas? And at what level -- as player, coach, official, administrator, journalist, cheerleader?

I've never played, except those game in the schoolyard when I was young. Wouldn't mind playing gridiron.
19. Name one player from the upcoming NFL Draft that you wish your NFL team could have?
Pass.
The Mobile Gridiron game, but that was ages ago.
Wouldn't mind getting a Madden game for my PS4
Yeah, with some guys from the SFA. Wouldn't mind playing again.
23. How often do you gamble on the NFL/NCAA? What are you best/worst gambling results?
I've never gambled on sport
Yeah, if any of its free.

Who is Noddy Holder and why does he support the Jets?

At least we're the best team in Ohio.

Although a case could be made Ohio State is, no? ;)

Crap that means the Browns are down to third in the state. :(

Although a case could be made Ohio State is, no? ;)

Crap that means the Browns are down to third in the state. :(
Maybe 4th.
I wouldn't count out the Bearcats giving you a run for your money ;)

Maybe 4th.
I wouldn't count out the Bearcats giving you a run for your money ;)

Easy now. Only I can make fun of us. :p

Ohhh and go Crows!

Easy now. Only I can make fun of us. :p

Ohhh and go Crows!
hey, hey, hey.
I still have you above the Zips, Falcons, Golden Flashes, Bobcats, RedHawks and Rockets.
So you're still above average in the state :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SURVEY
- Marcus Allen's epic run in the 1983 Super Bowl. He's still running...
- Steve Young/Brett Favre time so early-mid 90's
- Easily second
- Half Foxtel, Half Game Pass
- Minnesota Vikings
- Melbourne Storm and Carlton
- Kansas City Chiefs
- All-Time is John Randle/Cris Carter, current is Adrian Peterson
- Barry Sanders, Reggie White, Champ Bailey, Derrick Brooks
- Brent Grimes, NaVorro Bowman, Earl Thomas, Joe Thomas, Tyron Smith
- Rioting in NYC when David Tyree made THAT catch
- George Halas, Bill Parcells, Jim Thorpe, Al Davis, Bud Grant, Marv Levy, Art Modell, Michael Vick
- 10+ official NFL jerseys and a handful of jumpers/jackets/tees/hats
- Better outcomes for players via the collective bargaining agreement
- I hate the Pass Interference and Facemask rules but acknowledge they are needed
- Yes - went to the Meadowlands for a Jets game
- No
- Yes. Not as often as I used to. They are all great - hard to split!
- No
- Yes and yes
- I had the odd Super Bowl bet a few years ago and now I have at least one $5 multi on a handful of games @ the line every season. Lost $50 after the Tracy Porter pick-six.
- Yes

~When Don Lane hosted a show in the 90s
Traveled the states in the 90s and the Packers in Aussie green & gold colors swayed me

~ Footy Cricket Baseball Ice Hokey the NFL
Just Foxtel or the Green Bay app on my phone.
Packers and The U (University of Miami) .... like Northwestern too
West Tigers (Balmain still to me) and Richmond
The Green Bay Packers! It was meant to be
Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre... how blessed to have 2 of the best ever consecutively
See above and Michael Ervin
Marshawn Lynch Julio Jones
Watching John Elway beat the Pack in a superbowl :(
Pass.....I'll take 8 QB wives instead
I have Cubs jerseys hats bobbleheads tshirts ect, Blackhawks jersey and beanie
Speed the game up with some continuity,no time outs for a start
No time outs
Yes, in Tampa Bay
Wrigley Field Chicago is my favorite sporting venue worldwide, Id love to visit Lambeau but couldnt handle the cold
The Old Milwakee stadium was a shithole

Only on Daytona Beach drunk
Leonard Fournette LSU
No
No
No.
No
No

Watching films as a kid, there was heaps of NFL references, the Water Boy in particular was one that sparked my interest in the game, Mum bought me a browns jacket in 1999, she didn’t know anything about the but they’d just come back into the league, were probably pushing merchandise hard, so I chose them as my team. Owned Madden 97. I have always watched the Superb Owl, but never watched it more than a couple of times a season. I now watch 5-ish games a week, and the highlights of the others.

Last year, my mates and I started playing Gridiron and made an NFL Fantasy League, we are all outrageously competitive, so it has really taken off.

After Aussie Rules, which is first, followed by Rugby League, Rugby Union and Soccer.

I use Foxtel on Friday and Tuesday mornings, and on Monday I use 7two.

Cleveland Browns is my favourite NFL team, but I always have a seasonal crush or two based on players I like. For instance, Julio Jones is one of my favourite players, so I have a thing for the Falcons.
I like the Hurricanes, because of how badass they were in the 80s, and I have a bit of a crush on Ohio being a Browns fan, and a thing for the Sooners, because of Jim Ross and Brian Bosworth.

Parramatta Eels and Essendon Bombers

Chicago Bears, ’86.

Duke Johnson (current) and William Green (past).

Brian Bosworth and Michael Irvin.

Julio Jones, Jamaal Charles, Robert Quinn, Justin Houston and DeMarco Murray (what a waste at the Eagles, imagine how good he’d be with the Browns O-line?)

The OJ Simpson trial.

Brian Bosworth, Jim brown, Jimmy Johnson, Michael Irvin, Bill Belichick, Art Modell (heh), Ray Lewis and Mike Pettine.

I’d love a Hurricanes Jersey, I have a Browns playing jersey for training.

I’d add another team to each division, there’s more than enough talent outside of the NFL trying to get in.

More respect for referees, one thing I really respect about rugby union, is that the referees are spoken to politely.

Not yet, but am spending 6 weeks in the US in November-December 2017.

Any AFC North game has oodles of atmosphere, especially Ravens v Steelers. Vikings v Packers, Redskins v Cowboys, Bears v Packers, Falcons v Saints, Chiefs v Rams, Seahawks v Niners and Browns home games, as the Dawg Pound is hilarious, I love the Raiders fans, who dress up in post-apocalyptic stuff.

I don’t like the fact that I have to watch all the Niners games at the moment, holy s**t they’re bad.

I played last year, plan on playing this year. Played DE and FB.

Joey Bosa

Madden 97, played the hell out of it in high school.

I will get a PS4, eventually.

I am, next season, should have this season.

23. How often do you gamble on the NFL/NCAA?
Put on the occasional multi, for a giggle.

Yeah, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back