BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the Sidebottom that played in a few flags for Shep Utd in GVFL, brother of Steele. If so then yes that is great get for the Bloods.
Incorrect, that would be Tyson Sidebottom.
Lachlan is a cousin of Steele, but this is not ancestry.com, let's talk ladder predictions, recruits & other relative news

any key position players looking at making a start in coaching ranks geelong's gdfl as a joint coach

Seems to be more news about departures than arrivals at this stage from the Ballarat clubs.

Early days but Ballarat appear to have lost the most with Myles Sewell heading back to the Roosters VFL, Chris Prockter and Rex Hickman on the way out also. Those three are high quality which will be tough to replace.

Redan have lost Callum Currie to the Geelong league but gain Chris Giampaolo full time from the VFL (he spent half the season there this year plus finals).

Sebastopol have signed injury prone James Richards from the North Ballarat Rebels, but he could make the Roosters VFL list although unlikely to play many games. And also James Keeble who is another on the Roosters list. Interesting they have gone down the path of signing VFL listed players - it's not going to improve them immediately. In fact with the Roosters standing alone from 2016 onwards you'd think those two plus Powell and Lockyer could be in the VFL system for a couple more years.

Not sure I got the right league but can anyone tell me anything about Brett Pitts as he's apparently signed on at my local RDFL club to play and assistant coach
Whats he like???

after a possible joint coach of a geelong side in gdfl price neg key pos player ch fwd or ch back

="roos 2015, post: 36708766, member: 158005"]after a possible joint coach of a geelong side in gdfl price neg key pos player ch fwd or ch back[/QUOTE]
Seems to be more news about departures than arrivals at this stage from the Ballarat clubs.

Early days but Ballarat appear to have lost the most with Myles Sewell heading back to the Roosters VFL, Chris Prockter and Rex Hickman on the way out also. Those three are high quality which will be tough to replace.

Redan have lost Callum Currie to the Geelong league but gain Chris Giampaolo full time from the VFL (he spent half the season there this year plus finals).

Sebastopol have signed injury prone James Richards from the North Ballarat Rebels, but he could make the Roosters VFL list although unlikely to play many games. And also James Keeble who is another on the Roosters list. Interesting they have gone down the path of signing VFL listed players - it's not going to improve them immediately. In fact with the Roosters standing alone from 2016 onwards you'd think those two plus Powell and Lockyer could be in the VFL system for a couple more years.

Who will cause most or any pain for North ballarat in 2015

What clubs can be pumped up? From the east, Melton are positive, Darley must improve? ? And the Lions look better? Who will improve on Ballarat, can anyone Challenge?

Is it all over fur 2015?

Who

Who will cause most or any pain for North ballarat in 2015

What clubs can be pumped up? From the east, Melton are positive, Darley must improve? ? And the Lions look better? Who will improve on Ballarat, can anyone Challenge?

Is it all over fur 2015?

Who will cause most or any pain for North ballarat in 2015 - Creditors.

Melton's forward line is going to be extremely tough to match up on. Coach reckons we are 80+ goals better then last year with the new recruits. Look out for young Jake Buttegieg to step up from the magoo's and mop the big boys feet this year as well. Bloods looking to challenge City and jump ahead of the rest of the pack

Really want the bloods to do well being a Melton boy but my concern is that none of the talls mentioned in the article are proven as forwards. Can't just load up with big guys and hope. They really need a key man with a proven record of being able to kick 4-6 a game. Could be wrong though. Will certainly help their overall structure to finally have some height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive news, The Edwards boys have told a few at Melton that they want to come back as a package. Huge loss for Darley losing there best player and coach. Up the Bloods.

Massive news, The Edwards boys have told a few at Melton that they want to come back as a package. Huge loss for Darley losing there best player and coach. Up the Bloods.

Gravel,
I would be surprised if this is true mate. What I'm told is the Edwards boys are pretty loyal and wouldn't expect them to move clubs 4 weeks out from the season starting...

Gravel,
I would be surprised if this is true mate. What I'm told is the Edwards boys are pretty loyal and wouldn't expect them to move clubs 4 weeks out from the season starting...

Agree, and very much doubt they would return to Melton as too much water under the bridge since they left. Pretty sure they live in Pascoe Vale so if anything could see them ending up at an EDFL Club.

Agree, and very much doubt they would return to Melton as too much water under the bridge since they left. Pretty sure they live in Pascoe Vale so if anything could see them ending up at an EDFL Club.
It's about time this thread got going, I've got nothing to do at work otherwise....

Any practise matches coming up, or any results/conclusions of matches already played?

Keen to read others' ladder predictions and justifications.

bit quiet down Marsh/Darley area. from reports, Darley only lost ruckman Mcallster & picked up Nathan Lyons from strathy. (ex sanfl who should be a top 3 player at darley). Andrew Challis from gdfl. Handy but wont dominate. & retain aeveryone else. Need a ruckman. Try hard to win a flag every year, but Unless something drastic changes, cant see them knocking off north city in a final.

Cobras lose Matt Denham for year with knee, the ruckman Oakley, who had size & that was it, gone. A couple of others senior players from last year just aren't playing ive heard. McNay to chfl. & may lose Del Papa & Delahey to Werribee vfl. Picked up a couple from down epping way, forward peter sheppard whos about mid 30s & kicked 30 odd goals in northern footy comp. Seems as though Richardson just doesn't have the contacts in local footy yet. Not much to get excited about. Wont play finals.

Kodorenko surely. Was best on in interleague aswell. Any player movement news coming out of ballarat?
Agree, should give East Point an advantage this year.

Ballarat is the interesting one - Grand Finallists who have lost a heap of players. Very quiet on the recruiting front. Not the be all and end all, but only four clearances in, and half their senior team from 2014 out.

Redan will get their usual recruits, Lake Wendouree have a few good ones signed up as well.

North Ballarat Roosters playing hard ball with Nathan Horbury, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out, he's got a signed VFL contract which includes 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back