BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big trouble at the Lions. Picked up 1 on baller and not much else. Massive chance to see Sunbury miss finals this year.

Budgetary constraints due to over spending the last 2 years and not organising sponsors. If Horwood is Sunbury's coach in 2015 it will be a miracle of biblical proportions.
You obviously don't know what you are talking about.There was no over spending on the player budget over the last 2 years.i didn't see Charter security, ikon,snap gym,or Harris sponsor the club 2 years ago so I dare say that is organising sponsorship ,and Horwood has a 2 year deal according to the quotes by the president

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.There was no over spending on the player budget over the last 2 years.i didn't see Charter security, ikon,snap gym,or Harris sponsor the club 2 years ago so I dare say that is organising sponsorship ,and Horwood has a 2 year deal according to the quotes by the president

Ok help me with the maths.

$80,000 in player payment walked out. If 80k walks out shouldn't you have 80k to spend on bringing in new players?

He could have a ten year contract and my tip is Sunbury will have a new coach in 2015.

It could be good for the league. With 11 of the 17 flags won by either Sunbury or Redan it may open the door to a team to step up and challenge for it.

I would not think Sunbury would be down for too long.

Does anyone know in the 17 years since joining the BFL how many times have Sunbury missed playing finals?
They ha
Ok help me with the maths.

$80,000 in player payment walked out. If 80k walks out shouldn't you have 80k to spend on bringing in new players?

He could have a ten year contract and my tip is Sunbury will have a new coach in 2015.
When the social club cut their sponsorship and the committee cut the budget its a bit hard to spend what you have not got

Big trouble at the Lions. Picked up 1 on baller and not much else. Massive chance to see Sunbury miss finals this year.

Budgetary constraints due to over spending the last 2 years and not organising sponsors. If Horwood is Sunbury's coach in 2015 it will be a miracle of biblical proportions.
Would the author please elaborate on his comment on overspending and not organising sponsors. The recruiting guy (me) was given an agreed budget for the past 3 years and came under budget each of those years. All major sponsors are again on board this year,,,
The club may have overspent in other areas or the Social Club turnover was less than projected.The substantial reduction in Football budget this year is outside the football dept & coaches control.This obviously has a flow on effect when trying to replace the quality players that have left the club.

The club was in position to win 3 Premierships in this period, but only pulled off 1, but I would say the majority of other clubs would envy Sunbury.
plus,,,,,,don’t think the only reason the players have departed in their droves was due to them not being able to play under the coach.
It was common knowledge that the budget would be cut considerably in 2014 and this would impact on what they could earn elsewhere.

Not saying all players left due to this fact but it is a possibilty.

Would the author please elaborate on his comment on overspending and not organising sponsors. The recruiting guy (me) was given an agreed budget for the past 3 years and came under budget each of those years. All major sponsors are again on board this year,,,
The club may have overspent in other areas or the Social Club turnover was less than projected.The substantial reduction in Football budget this year is outside the football dept & coaches control.This obviously has a flow on effect when trying to replace the quality players that have left the club.

The club was in position to win 3 Premierships in this period, but only pulled off 1, but I would say the majority of other clubs would envy Sunbury.
plus,,,,,,don’t think the only reason the players have departed in their droves was due to them not being able to play under the coach.
It was common knowledge that the budget would be cut considerably in 2014 and this would impact on what they could earn elsewhere.

Not saying all players left due to this fact but it is a possibilty.

So you recruit for Sunbury and a Div 1 Essendon DFL team at the same time?

So firstly I am calling bullshit on your role at the football club - you do know you can look at someone's posting history?

I can only comment on the players that directly told me they left for one reason. Some of those players love Sunbury and if they liked the coach would have taken a cut.

Also Cheep and Lobb are on record saying they spoke to the entire senior playing group and all but two wanted a change. So I am calling bullshit also on they walked because of money.

Last edited:
So you recruit for Sunbury and a Div 1 Essendon DFL team at the same time?

So firstly I am calling bullshit on your role at the football club - you do know you can look at someone's posting history?

I can only comment on the players that directly told me they left for one reason. Some of those players love Sunbury and if they liked the coach would have taken a cut.

Also Cheep and Lobb are on record saying they spoke to the entire senior playing group and all but two wanted a change. So I am calling bullshit also on they walked because of money.
Yes Bill well aware you can view posting history -apologies it was remiss of me not to mention that I posted this on behalf of the "recruiting guy" at Sunbury - Macca as he has computer issues at present. I am sure he will add more once they are sorted ;)

Not potting either of you two but it's well established that the guys left for a variety of reasons. Some weren't happy with the direction the club was headed and others wanted new opportunities as they come towards the end of their careers.
All of them have been great servants to Sunbury so it's probably best for all to move on from here rather than continuing to draw out what has already been a reasonably messy situation.
Fwiw I know people who've been involved with the coach either at Sunbury or previous clubs, all of them speak very highly of him, sometimes personalities just clash though.

Yes Bill well aware you can view posting history -apologies it was remiss of me not to mention that I posted this on behalf of the "recruiting guy" at Sunbury - Macca as he has computer issues at present. I am sure he will add more once they are sorted ;)
So you heard this from a guy that knows a guy that is having trouble turning on a computer? Sounds reliable to me.

Which Edfl side are you involved with? Not an Abers fan?

Not potting either of you two but it's well established that the guys left for a variety of reasons. Some weren't happy with the direction the club was headed and others wanted new opportunities as they come towards the end of their careers.
All of them have been great servants to Sunbury so it's probably best for all to move on from here rather than continuing to draw out what has already been a reasonably messy situation.
Fwiw I know people who've been involved with the coach either at Sunbury or previous clubs, all of them speak very highly of him, sometimes personalities just clash though.
Taylors Lakes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fine, he'll be judged on what happens from here on in, I just believe that him having to cop the blame for all of them leaving is a bit rough.

Fair enough. Money may have played a part in some leaving. The cheep article was fairly damming. You don't see an article like that very often.

Interesting year coming up. Obviously you are not from Doutta Stars - they are the big winners out if this.

G'day I am Chris Mac from the Sunbury FNC who was in charge of player budgets for the past 3 years.
What 'seirra' posted on my behalf re budgets is factual.
My suggestion why players departed is again only my opinion and may or may not have been a contributing factor.
Everyone will have their own opinion on what transpired......and I guess if we didn't footy would be pretty boring.
I will finish here in saying good luck to the players that have stuck fat with Sunbury,,,,,and to the guys that have moved on also good luck to them and their new clubs.

G'day I am Chris Mac from the Sunbury FNC who was in charge of player budgets for the past 3 years.
What 'seirra' posted on my behalf re budgets is factual.
My suggestion why players departed is again only my opinion and may or may not have been a contributing factor.
Everyone will have their own opinion on what transpired......and I guess if we didn't footy would be pretty boring.
I will finish here in saying good luck to the players that have stuck fat with Sunbury,,,,,and to the guys that have moved on also good luck to them and their new clubs.
Sunbury losing a lot of respect by posting their dirty laundry on here? Move on blokes, you are better than this.

Go Cobras

Sunbury losing a lot of respect by posting their dirty laundry on here? Move on blokes, you are better than this.

Go Cobras

I think its great people involved in the club have the courage to name themselves and give their versions of what transpired. It has been a big talking point of footy in the area with edfl clubs and rdfl clubs benefitting from what is a major fallout from one of the strongest and successful country football clubs over the last 20-25 years. Sunbury will re-group as they always have good kids coming through, however to win premierships in most country/metro football leagues you need to spend good coin and with the pokies revenue drying up a bit they are going to have to work their sponsors and networks harder than ever before to land those quality players you need to win flags, especially when neighbouring clubs are offering significant coin. Most of the leaving players I spoke to said it was all about the coach, I don't know if that's the reason they gave to the club though when requesting clearances...

Johny Prawns Ladder Prediction:

North City
Darley
Ballarat
Redan
Bacchus Marsh
Sunbury
Melton
East Merging Dogs
Lake Wendouree
Melton South
Sebas

Henderson Medal - Hassent (Darley)
Tony Lockett Medal - Seaben (Darley)

North City
Darley
Redan
Sunbury
Ballarat
Bacchus Marsh
East
Melton
Wendouree
Melton South
Sebas

Henderson Medal - Jake Edwards (Darley)
Tony Lockett Medal - Derrick Micallef (North)

Watched swans play witchie today. Wasn't expecting much of a show bit was surprised until the boys faded at the end. Big performers to note were joint coaches bish and Allen, Lourey, Elliot and turner. Special mention to younger Bish (#47) who also looks to have improved dramatically from 2013. Watch out redbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back