Not open for further replies.

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
So have the fears of many at the time of birth of North City been realised. Remembering the beginning they were made to play I'm the Bendigo league
Not really, we're currently sitting second on the ladder..

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bflfollower22

Draftee
Jul 10, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Darley were being drip fed by a vfl club they might not have to spend so much I guess. Not many country clubs have that luxury though do they? No. Just one.
How are they being drip fed? They have 2 players that play at the VFL. Both of which played juniors at North City?

agro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Congratulations to Sunbury and Redan for putting on a great day of football at Clarke Oval, yesterday in honour of and rememberance of Albert & Maree Rizk, a great game played in great spirit.

Doona2

Cancelled
Mar 1, 2005
Kilmore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Kilmore, Broadford, Yea, Calder
Was in Melton today for junior footy and was told North forfeit the two's yesty at half time wow!!!

I've never been involved at major league level, but are they rooted injury wise or have they battled a bit lately?

merrigan

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Redan
Was in Melton today for junior footy and was told North forfeit the two's yesty at half time wow!!!

I've never been involved at major league level, but are they rooted injury wise or have they battled a bit lately?

Quite a few ex junior players weren't happy with the coaching staff's ridiculous one size fits all AFL style rules. When warned by a club legend that a lot young blokes weren't enjoying their footy the response was if they don't like it they can leave. And they did. But I'd hardly call 6th on the ladder with 9 wins, 2 games and percentage clear of 7th a rough trot.

grumpythecat

Senior List
Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Quite a few ex junior players weren't happy with the coaching staff's ridiculous one size fits all AFL style rules. When warned by a club legend that a lot young blokes weren't enjoying their footy the response was if they don't like it they can leave. And they did. But I'd hardly call 6th on the ladder with 9 wins, 2 games and percentage clear of 7th a rough trot.
I heard it was because of the massive injury list melton have

grumpythecat

Senior List
Aug 19, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brickbats to the umpires who ruined the game with an inane and incompetent display in the last quarter. :rolleyes:
Not the umpires fault. If anything it was the players from the team you follow doing some undisiciplined things.
Think about this but you should be contributing to local footy by umpiring it. You will learn the rules and make new friends. You could start next season.

ab Rodriguez

Senior List
Apr 17, 2009
Europe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Week one finals coming up. Interesting times ahead. No clear front runner at this stage. Finals will sought out the contenders from pretenders.

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
Week one finals coming up. Interesting times ahead. No clear front runner at this stage. Finals will sought out the contenders from pretenders.
Redan go in as favourites but you're right there's a few sides that you wouldn't be surprised if they were to get the job done. It should be a cracker of a finals series.

footyman

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
You'd expect Sunbury and East Point to be out this week, there's been 4 standout teams all year in the competition and they should be left standing after the weekend.

Redan is in the box seat because I think they have North City's measure and despite the result last week I think in a final they will probably have Darley's measure as well.

But it's an open finals series - anybody can beat anybody on their day.

Sportsbet have Redan at $2, North City at $2.50, Lakers at $4, Darley at $9, East Point at $12 and Sunbury at $51.

The overs there would have to be Darley for the fact they should win this weekend at home, and then get a free hit the following week against Redan or City for a spot in the Grand Final.

merrigan

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Redan
Please please PLEASE Darley, lose the under achievers, chokers tag, do Ballarat football a favour and belt the scumbags next Saturday. I guarantee that the vast majority of the BFL community will be cheering for you.

ab Rodriguez

Senior List
Apr 17, 2009
Europe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Should be very interesting game Saturday. North city peaking at right time and Darley full steam ahead. Darley will draw a big crowd up there and the BFL is probably glad Darley have made it. Darley have some selection headaches with Shane Obree to come in. Not sure about North city. Both teams will be close to full strength.

BlueJet

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
North Ballarat
Should be very interesting game Saturday. North city peaking at right time and Darley full steam ahead. Darley will draw a big crowd up there and the BFL is probably glad Darley have made it. Darley have some selection headaches with Shane Obree to come in. Not sure about North city. Both teams will be close to full strength.
North City is in pretty good nick - aside from Mitch Gilbert who hurt his knee at the weekend.
Jarryd Graham a possible inclusion after missing the prelim through suspension.

Obi fella

Cancelled
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Williamstown
North City is in pretty good nick - aside from Mitch Gilbert who hurt his knee at the weekend.
Jarryd Graham a possible inclusion after missing the prelim through suspension.

Carn Devils / Magpies.

Keep the bounce

Debutant
Sep 12, 2008
Planet Earth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Redan
Never thought I would say this but hope Darley wins.
Time to put a big dent in the North corporation... Our blokes beat them three out of four times this year but not when it really mattered... Ah such is life.
Will have to be content with a fourth reserves premiership in a row.. And good on Melton, who struggled so much at senior level, for getting their under 18s and reserves to the grand final.
Unfortunately for them I think it's going to be two losses. East has had both hands on the under 18 cup since Round 1 and I think Redan will be too good for them in the twos - despite losing a couple of players who had played a couple too many senior matches and now can't play twos because the ones are out.. Confusing rule but necessary to stop stacking of teams. Sad though for the players who are disadvantaged for getting a few senior games.
Their replacements are not too shabby though.
Should be an interesting day. And the winners are... East, Redan and Darley.
Play it hard and fair. Remember it's all good fun until someone loses an eye!!!

ab Rodriguez

Senior List
Apr 17, 2009
Europe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Darley going in with not too many backman. V north city who have a few gun forwards. Darley regular Full back on the emergency list.
Midfield battle should be red hot. Kennedy, Chui, Lyons v McNamara, George, Edwards
Looking forward to the ruck, Marty Gray (bull at a gate) v Campana. Gray is raw and may not have much help, maybe leonard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back