BFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd suggest easing up on calling people delusional when you managed to contradict yourself in a two line post..
never contradicted myself at all, just stating the truth, the bloke aint there to take a pay cut, that's all. I stated that south need players to for depth, Banner will be great for Darley, South need more than one gun who is commanding HUGE $$$, Darley can afford it because they are a successfully run outfit. End of story.

never contradicted myself at all, just stating the truth, the bloke aint there to take a pay cut, that's all. I stated that south need players to for depth, Banner will be great for Darley, South need more than one gun who is commanding HUGE $$$, Darley can afford it because they are a successfully run outfit. End of story.

I think you've misread who I was replying to mate.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Colourful debates.........where does Banner go to play for love? that's the question. If he went to melton south he would be going for $$$$ to, I assume this is right and I am told he left Melton South in poor circumstances as a junior and actually got drafted from another junior footy club. This is his draft profile at Port Adelaide
"Banner was a Vic Metro Under-18 representative in 2008, and hails from Werribee Junior FC".

So I guess he the only club he has love for is the "Weribee Junior FC". Maybe Paul Chapman should have given him a call and got him back for to put something back into his junior footy club.

I know where your coming from but the mail is Banner is demanding HUGE $$$, there for the amount being spent on players will have to rise. Don't worry I have been involved at clubs who have spent up big to win flags, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, if Darley have the sponsors & the capacity to raise big $$, then they should be congratulated, it comes from hard work on & off the field & a good business plan, hence why they won the premiership. I cant understand why some people complain about clubs spending $$, supporters want to see good exciting footy played at a high level, all Darley has done is raise the bar, which is great for the comp. Darley should be proud that they can spend $$ and are still able to pay big $$ for Banner, but it insults my intelligence when people get on here & say they spent $130k. I know that a team in the Essendon comp spent $350 plus & went out in straight sets. They obviously invested in the wrong players, Darley got it right!

I haven't seen anyone say darley spent $130k. My post meant one and a quarter times $140k. They spent about $175 $180k. Lyons highest paid player out, banner in. Most weeks 10/12 locals on $50 and o'bree played for the love.

I haven't seen anyone say darley spent $130k. My post meant one and a quarter times $140k. They spent about $175 $180k. Lyons highest paid player out, banner in. Most weeks 10/12 locals on $50 and o'bree played for the love.
As i said the club has done a great job on & off the field, they are the envy of the comp & thoroughly deserve their Premiership, cant wait to play them next season.

Muppet reporting in Hampden thread that Marcus Darmody heading to Koroit as an asst coach.
Closer to home for him..
His body didn't hold up the best this past season but he made a big difference structurally when in the side, the challenge is for someone else to stand up in his place.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Jason McNamara to chfl ?

Ive heard from a few different people now, South offered Banner $3000 a game and Darley offered $4000 plus job and company car.

Had some CHFL offers but I heard he was heading back to Colac for his last year or two of footy.

Jason McNamara to chfl ?

Ive heard from a few different people now, South offered Banner $3000 a game and Darley offered $4000 plus job and company car.
Wrong very wrong, we would get 5 to 6 very handy players for $3000 per week, as i stated in previous post, South needs more than one player. Your info is way off!

Jason McNamara to chfl ?

These estimates on what Banner was offered are completely false. There is no player getting 3k or 4K a game, let alone a job as well. Bit silly to post this mate..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting question about where Brett Goodes will play in the BFL next year. Obviously being courted by all the power Ballarat clubs but believe he is slightly intetested in a community based club in Sebastopol. He knows and played with Snibson and enjoys the romance of the Kookaburra's last finals campaign in the early 90's,with indigenous players Rioli, Collard et. al.
Should be intriguing as to what he decides to do, as I do not believe he will join a North City or Redan. Lake Wendouree could be a big chance.

Interesting question about where Brett Goodes will play in the BFL next year. Obviously being courted by all the power Ballarat clubs but believe he is slightly intetested in a community based club in Sebastopol. He knows and played with Snibson and enjoys the romance of the Kookaburra's last finals campaign in the early 90's,with indigenous players Rioli, Collard et. al.
Should be intriguing as to what he decides to do, as I do not believe he will join a North City or Redan. Lake Wendouree could be a big chance.

Would be great for footy if he joined Sebastopol

I'm not sure anyone would complain if it did eventuate.
It's good to have people of his ilk returning to local footy, even if only on a part time basis - the younger blokes could learn plenty from him.

Mate, he is an absolute quality bloke. Had the pleasure of working with him for a couple of years before he was drafted at 28. A great example of an unforseen path to AFL. He is keen to play and is being courted heavily by the big clubs. I am guessing Snibson at Sebastopol or Webb/Clifton at Lake Wendouree.

Mate, he is an absolute quality bloke. Had the pleasure of working with him for a couple of years before he was drafted at 28. A great example of an unforseen path to AFL. He is keen to play and is being courted heavily by the big clubs. I am guessing Snibson at Sebastopol or Webb/Clifton at Lake Wendouree.
No doubt about it at all mate. It's doubtful that anyone with anything to do with Ballarat footy has a bad word to say about the bloke. :thumbsu:
I've no idea as to his intentions but as you and others have mentioned those appear to be the most likely destinations at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back