Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Re: Ballarat Football League 2009 mk II

Summed up the match very well. Except the end of the City Oval (not the pleasent st end) is absolutely terrible. Obviously worse for wear after two previous games on it. Big win by the Lions in the 18's as well, giving Redan a 2 game gap at the top.

Are we the only 2 on here that follow the 18's? East Point aren't much chop considering that it is 2 clubs combined comming up from East Ballarat and golden point 16.5 's. Bacchus Marsh and darley will playoff in the granny hey?

Re: Ballarat Football League 2009 mk II

Are we the only 2 on here that follow the 18's? East Point aren't much chop considering that it is 2 clubs combined comming up from East Ballarat and golden point 16.5 's. Bacchus Marsh and darley will playoff in the granny hey?

I'm sorry but it is impossible to see the Marsh and Darley playing off for the Flag. Our boys are undefeated (having beaten both of these sides convincingly) and have beaten all challengers (particularly the East clubs) comfortably, except minor scares in the early rounds against East, Lakers and Ballarat when the squad was still learning to player together (alot of new players joined the club this year). I think Sunbury and Lakers could challenge on their day. Darley and the Marsh, at this rate, will miss the finals. But the way the draw is structured, they play the weaker Melton sides twice so Bacchus might scrape in ahead of maybe North, but Darley won't make it.

You're right about East Point tho, they have the pick of the best EB and GP players each year (and those players play for 2 years, so they have the best of the previous 2 years).

Since the sooks on the other Ballarat thread wont let us post on their, we have wound up here.

Here is the current ladder.
1- Redan
2- East Point
3- Sunbury
4- Lakers
5- Balarat
6- North City
------------------------------
7- Bacchus Marsh
8- Darley

Redan, East, Sunbury and Lakers are all certain to play finals. Bacchus Marsh have a hard run home, play Redan and East Point. Darley, now unlikely to play finals after the loss to Ballarat saturday. But Darley to have a better run home. Play the bottom 3 sides and the 2 just above them. A big factor in the run to the finals will be, what players teams get back from seniors and TAC Cup teams. Having 18's playing seniors killed a couple of teams.I think there is a rule where if you play a certain amount of games in the seniors, you cant come back to 18's for the finals.

I think if a player plays 9 senior and TAC Cuup games combined then they are ineligible for BFL u/18s finals, which is ridiculous considering the TAC Cup is and u/18 competition. There is some clause which says if seniors, reserves u/18s are all in the finals on the same week, then these players are available for u/18s, but that seems unlikely to happen to any club other than East Point and maybe Sunbury.

So Redan will lose Lamb, Horbury, plus the aligned Rebels players Aylett, McMahon and Mabon. East lose O'Keefe, Rippon and possibly Dunne and Marc James. I'm not sure about Sunbury, but when we played them they said they had a few in and out of the seniors and possibly Jets players as well. Lakers don't lose any that I know of. North may not have Lyle but I don't think them or Ballarat are real challengers anyway.

Sunbury have i think 3 at the calder cannons, 1 of them has played just about every game with them and the other 2 have been in and out the side. If Marsh 18's make finals, Can Del Papa say to the jets (who wont make TAC cup finals) can he come back to the marsh for finals.

Sunbury have i think 3 at the calder cannons, 1 of them has played just about every game with them and the other 2 have been in and out the side. If Marsh 18's make finals, Can Del Papa say to the jets (who wont make TAC cup finals) can he come back to the marsh for finals.

It depends how many combined games he has played. If it is 8 or less, then he can play for Marsh.

I guess Jess Dundon has been more than a handy pick-up for your boys. Second in league leading goalkicker. I bet a few teams wish he was playing 16's. We tried getting him to play with us because his cousin plays for us.

I guess Jess Dundon has been more than a handy pick-up for your boys. Second in league leading goalkicker. I bet a few teams wish he was playing 16's. We tried getting him to play with us because his cousin plays for us.

Yes he has been great. Can play any position, does his best work in the forward line, but his delivery into the forward line when he's in the middle is awesome as well.
You must be talking about Prozzo. So your from Darley?

Tips for this week.

Ballarat v East Point - East Point by a few goals.
Bacchus Marsh v Melton - Marsh easily
Lake Wendouree v Sebas - Laker easily
North v Sunbury - Sunbury just, becuase there playing in ballarat

Redan, Darley and Melton South have the Bye AGAIN. Silly fixture

Tips for this week.

Ballarat v East Point - East Point by a few goals.
Bacchus Marsh v Melton - Marsh easily
Lake Wendouree v Sebas - Laker easily
North v Sunbury - Sunbury just, becuase there playing in ballarat

Redan, Darley and Melton South have the Bye AGAIN. Silly fixture

I agree with your tips. The North-Sunbury game could go either way. Yes it is a terrible fixture. We had the week before last off and then again have a week off here. This is the second time this season where we have had 2 out 3 weeks off. What a joke.

East Point 6.10 def Ballarat 6.7 - almost fell over when I heard Ballarat got this close. East losing it or Ballarat the real deal?
North City 10.9 def Sunbury 7.6 - An upset, but not entirely surprising, thought Sunba would've won tho
Bacchus Marsh 15.6 def Melton 4.8 - no shocks here
Lake Wendouree 8.8 def Sebastopol 6.11 - Same deal as the East-Swans game. The wheels are falling off the Lakers I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for the delay lions2009.

Tips for this week:

Sunbury v Melton Sth - Sunbury easy

Darley v Melton - Darley to have its first win in a while, although our no.1
target up forward has been promoted to the seniors.

Redan v North City - North by 10 goals...nah just kidding, Redan easy win

Sebas v East Point - East but not by much going by the burras recent
results.

Sorry for the delay lions2009.

Tips for this week:

Sunbury v Melton Sth - Sunbury easy

Darley v Melton - Darley to have its first win in a while, although our no.1
target up forward has been promoted to the seniors.

Redan v North City - North by 10 goals...nah just kidding, Redan easy win

Sebas v East Point - East but not by much going by the burras recent
results.

Sunbury should win by plenty
I reckon you boys should get up
Hahaha I think we should be right
I think East will win comfortably, although they may struggle for numbers, I know a couple of their better players are only playing a half

Well.. what happened to your boys on the weekend?

As for us. well i dont have any excuses, they wanted it more.

Exactly the same. Just got outplayed by a hungrier side. They got a 5-goal jump in the first quarter and although we won the last 3 quarters on the scoreboard, we were just outplayed.

Tips for this week:

Redan v Bacchus Marsh - Redan to win, but Marsh to put up a good fight.
Sebas v Darley - I wanna say Darley
North City v Ballarat - Game of the round, North city just
Melton v Melton South - Melton in a upset
Sunbury v Lakers - Lakers, only becuase there playing at home.

East Point bye.

Tips for this week:

Redan v Bacchus Marsh - Redan to win, but Marsh to put up a good fight.
Sebas v Darley - I wanna say Darley
North City v Ballarat - Game of the round, North city just
Melton v Melton South - Melton in a upset
Sunbury v Lakers - Lakers, only becuase there playing at home.

East Point bye.

I think we will win. Will be a good test with a few out I'm relishing the challenge
I think yous will beat Sebas
North are a genuine chance and will beat the Swans
Melton to win 2 in a row
Lakers should get it together but this game could go either way

How does Norths future look? Is there any improvers rising through like Graham?

Will lose key players next year. Not sure about what's coming through, but they might struggle to be a genuine contender next year among the likes of Redan, East, Sunbury, Lakers, etc.

Why do Sebastapol have good juniors every year, but once in 18's there not? Do they move to different clubs or something?

And where to Mt.Clear Players go after 16's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back