BFL U18's 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

this wasnt north city's fault. it was the bfl's fault because they didnt update the software on the system, which then allowed non eligeble players to be played. i wonder how many other players that were not eligeble played??? Matt gillet from east point finished year 12 last year, he must be pretty close to the cut off date, if not over? what are your thoughts?

this wasnt north city's fault. it was the bfl's fault because they didnt update the software on the system, which then allowed non eligeble players to be played. i wonder how many other players that were not eligeble played??? Matt gillet from east point finished year 12 last year, he must be pretty close to the cut off date, if not over? what are your thoughts?

So you're telling me that North City do not have any paperwork (player registration, membership etc.) that contains the offending player's date of birth?

So you're telling me that North City do not have any paperwork (player registration, membership etc.) that contains the offending player's date of birth?

yes they probably would but if the bfl's system was working properly this inccident wouldnt of happened. like every other year the club would be notifyed if a player was over aged when they entered their team sheet for the week

yes they probably would but if the bfl's system was working properly this inccident wouldnt of happened. like every other year the club would be notifyed if a player was over aged when they entered their team sheet for the week

If North City had of checked their paperwork then this wouldn't of been a problem because the kid wouldn't of been playing. Don't blame the bfl, as much as they missed the error the responsibility rests with the club first. It was an oversight, obviously something not meant on purpose. It would be a terrible feeling for all involved.

If North City had of checked their paperwork then this wouldn't of been a problem because the kid wouldn't of been playing. Don't blame the bfl, as much as they missed the error the responsibility rests with the club first. It was an oversight, obviously something not meant on purpose. It would be a terrible feeling for all involved.

I agree with John. The BFL should've found it out before the finals. North originally registered him because they were short on numbers, and the registration was slipped under the door at BFLHQ the Friday night before round 1. Very sooky on the East behalf, going to turn alot of people, an clubs, including all us boys who are mates with the North boys, against East. Just can't take losing it seems I hope Ballarat smash them in the final

I agree with John. The BFL should've found it out before the finals. North originally registered him because they were short on numbers, and the registration was slipped under the door at BFLHQ the Friday night before round 1. Very sooky on the East behalf, going to turn alot of people, an clubs, including all us boys who are mates with the North boys, against East. Just can't take losing it seems I hope Ballarat smash them in the final

Nth city realised he was over age weeks ago but if they had fessed up they would have lost a heap of points and missed finals all together. They hoped it would not be picked up. Could have come clean and this could have been avoided but they rolled the dice and lost. I would rather miss out on finals than get to the big one only to have it taken away. Got mates at north and I feel sorry for all their players but the club stuffed up don't blame east or the bfl. Everyone played by the rules except north city.

Why would they slip a rego under the door when they are done on line and you can register on a saturday or sunday before the game

i just feel sorry for the nrth city boys that hve done the right thing dissapointing all round there club should be ashamed but rules are rules the bfl should get there house in order as well

Nth city realised he was over age weeks ago but if they had fessed up they would have lost a heap of points and missed finals all together. They hoped it would not be picked up. Could have come clean and this could have been avoided but they rolled the dice and lost. I would rather miss out on finals than get to the big one only to have it taken away. Got mates at north and I feel sorry for all their players but the club stuffed up don't blame east or the bfl. Everyone played by the rules except north city.

Why would they slip a rego under the door when they are done on line and you can register on a saturday or sunday before the game

This is not true, the bfl decided that north city would not of been eligeble to play finals because of their loss of points but hypocritically said that their first final against Sunbury counted because the player didnt play in it. In the second final the player played and as we all no north get disqualifyed, if the coaches new that this player was over age they would of not played him against east and north would have been in the grandfinal.

What the bfl should have done with this was to trade places of north and east and let east go straight to the grandfinal and let north play the next week against ballarat. the bfl would have benifeted from this also from the gate takings ect.
Who agrees????.......

Sorry my bad the clearance form was slipped under the door the night before. A heap of people from school knew that he was overage but we turned a blind eye, it wasn't our problem and we ackowledged that he just wanted to play with a few mates and make up the numbers for North. How did the BFL not check his details until it was brought to their attention by some little whinging git?

Another very good point raised by John. He played 6 home and away games (winning at least 4 I think), so those points should not have been awarded, hence they should not have finished third, hence they wouldn't have played Sunbury in week 1, hence they wouldn't have received the double chance. Really the league is left a little red-faced by it slipping through to this late stage of the season.

There was also a rumour that Redan would play a preliminary final against Ballarat this week, although this did not happen (and fair enough, we had our chance and blew it), I think the BFL only would've wanted the ground to have a rest this week, so only having 2 games on it instead of 3 would be a blessing for the league, although it shouldn't be thought of like that, I think that played a part in the decision making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry my bad the clearance form was slipped under the door the night before. A heap of people from school knew that he was overage but we turned a blind eye, it wasn't our problem and we ackowledged that he just wanted to play with a few mates and make up the numbers for North. How did the BFL not check his details until it was brought to their attention by some little whinging git?

Another very good point raised by John. He played 6 home and away games (winning at least 4 I think), so those points should not have been awarded, hence they should not have finished third, hence they wouldn't have played Sunbury in week 1, hence they wouldn't have received the double chance. Really the league is left a little red-faced by it slipping through to this late stage of the season.

very much agreed with lions

There was also a rumour that Redan would play a preliminary final against Ballarat this week, although this did not happen (and fair enough, we had our chance and blew it), I think the BFL only would've wanted the ground to have a rest this week, so only having 2 games on it instead of 3 would be a blessing for the league, although it shouldn't be thought of like that, I think that played a part in the decision making.

So your saying it was common knowledge that Nth were playing an overage player and the player himself knew he wasn't eligible for underage footy but played anyway. And now you and Johnmuchhics want to put the blame on everybody else but the people responsible - the club and the player. Are you sure you have your facts right because the story I told was told to me by 2 mates who play for north and they said the player didn't realise what the cut off date was and the club didn't check his D.O.B. until later and decided to keep quiet about it. Why have rules at all if everybody doesn't have to follow them. Would it be ok for sebas or melton who are probably struggling with numbers and not winning many games to play a couple of 21 year olds next year. I can't believe you can't see that what they did was wrong.

Also are you sure somebody is not telling you stories about sliding forms under doors. Its all done electronically now mate.

So your saying it was common knowledge that Nth were playing an overage player and the player himself knew he wasn't eligible for underage footy but played anyway. And now you and Johnmuchhics want to put the blame on everybody else but the people responsible - the club and the player. Are you sure you have your facts right because the story I told was told to me by 2 mates who play for north and they said the player didn't realise what the cut off date was and the club didn't check his D.O.B. until later and decided to keep quiet about it. Why have rules at all if everybody doesn't have to follow them. Would it be ok for sebas or melton who are probably struggling with numbers and not winning many games to play a couple of 21 year olds next year. I can't believe you can't see that what they did was wrong.

Also are you sure somebody is not telling you stories about sliding forms under doors. Its all done electronically now mate.

Good point. You're right, he shouldn't have played at all. But the fact that he gave his real date of birth and not a fake suggested he didn't know he was overage. How this got through firstly the club and secondly the league is beyong comprehension. I don't think the hierarchy at the club realised at any stage that he was overage, if they had, I'm sure they would've said not to play. The door story could well be false I heard from a friend who heard from a friend, etc so might not be accurate.

Do you think east point care what you or your mates think?:confused: You dill:p

Actually all the East players at school have distanced themselves, saying they had no part and that they didn't agree with it. They aren't happy copping the s**t they've been getting. So yes, I do think east point care what me and my mates think. You dill:p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdiddy18

Actually all the East players at school have distanced themselves, saying they had no part and that they didn't agree with it. They aren't happy copping the s**t they've been getting. So yes, I do think east point care what me and my mates think. You dill:p

Its interesting that you say that lions2009, my spies have been busy this week trying to get to the bottom of this saga and who, which or what was the trigger to make the BFL aware of the situation, the word i am hearing is that many players from various clubs knew exactly of the overage player being played for many weeks, i have heard many whispers that it was a combination of 2 clubs who made subtle comments to BFL officials about a "possible overage situation" and hence some checking was done to all lists of clubs in the finals and this was how it was first bought to their attention.

I am just wondering if anyone else has heard of things panning out along the same path, thats the mail i have.

Quote:

Its interesting that you say that lions2009, my spies have been busy this week trying to get to the bottom of this saga and who, which or what was the trigger to make the BFL aware of the situation, the word i am hearing is that many players from various clubs knew exactly of the overage player being played for many weeks, i have heard many whispers that it was a combination of 2 clubs who made subtle comments to BFL officials about a "possible overage situation" and hence some checking was done to all lists of clubs in the finals and this was how it was first bought to their attention.

I am just wondering if anyone else has heard of things panning out along the same path, thats the mail i have.

My mail is that a parent of an East Point player (who will obviously remain nameless) held an informal conversation with several BFL officials. A non-partisan friend of mine was present in this conversation. The parent said something about an overage player, which was backed-up by another member of the conversation (affiliated with East). From this, they decided to launch an official complaint. It was the parent who made the official movement. At least that's what I know anyway.

My mail is that a parent of an East Point player (who will obviously remain nameless) held an informal conversation with several BFL officials. A non-partisan friend of mine was present in this conversation. The parent said something about an overage player, which was backed-up by another member of the conversation (affiliated with East). From this, they decided to launch an official complaint. It was the parent who made the official movement. At least that's what I know anyway.
A parent can't make any official complaint or movement you dill.:p

haha your an abosolute tool AUSTIN MURPHY(lions2009)

That austin murphy bloke from redan is the cheapest player going around, all his goals are from within 20 metres and he's never won a contested ball in his life

Yeah right . I hope someone bans you for making such ridiculous comments

I remember he kick a few against us.
yeah he kicked 3 I think that day. He kicked 8 on the weekend though so he's not too bad

stop talking yourself up your an oxygen thief. end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back