Big Bash Fantasy- Rd 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BATSMAN: Finch, Klinger, Lynn, Reardon (Harris)
ALLROUNDERS: Kallis, Wright (Turner)
WICKET KEEPERS: Pierson (Whiteman)
BOWLERS: Behrendorff, Laughlin, Zampa, Duffield (Lee)

I can go VC on Lynn, C on Lee. If Lynn goes big leave it, if he doesn't make Wright or Finch captain.

I'm also unsure on whether to go Whiteman or Pierson either
Peirson has the double header so you should go with him over Whiteman.
For the loophole make Lynn your vc and put Lee on the field as captain with an Adelaide bowler on the bench. If Lynn does well leave it that way but if he fails chose a new captain from one of your Stars, Renegades or Adelaide players ... probably Finch.

BATSMAN: Finch, Klinger, Lynn, Reardon (Harris)
ALLROUNDERS: Kallis, Wright (Turner)
WICKET KEEPERS: Pierson (Whiteman)
BOWLERS: Behrendorff, Laughlin, Zampa, Duffield (Lee)

I can go VC on Lynn, C on Lee. If Lynn goes big leave it, if he doesn't make Wright or Finch captain.

I'm also unsure on whether to go Whiteman or Pierson either

Surely Peirson. Whiteman struggles to get a bat, Peirson should open again and plays twice. Pretty straightforward methinks.

Well, I've gone ahead and made the one obvious trade Doherty>Duffield and tried to get a bit of an emergency loophole thing working with my scorchers/sixers players. I haven't done it with Behrendorff and Lee because I need Lee for the captain/vc loophole. If Klinger fails I'll trade out Lumb and if Turner fails I'll trade out Henriques. If they both do well I'll look elsewhere for my other two trades.

2ela1co.jpg

So glad I benched Arafat. 0/30 thanks for the tips guys. :thumbsu:

Reasonably happy with 484 from Rd3. Moved up from 452 to 183 overall. Trading in Ludeman at the last minute for a $ grab paid dividends points wise.

Rd4 trades
Lumb > Lynn
Wright > Cutting
Bollinger > Duffield

Carberry gets a reprieve only because I had both Lumb & Maddison in my batting lineup + Scorchers play twice in Rd5 & I want to hang onto all 7 of my Scorchers until after then.

Pretty happy with my Rd4 starting 11 apart from Carberry. Not expecting a huge Rd4 score with only 3 Heat players, but will hopefully kill it in Rd5 before I start mass trading 5-6 Scorchers before their Rd 7 bye.

View attachment 100533
You're going down this round.

Kallis as VC a no brainer for Captain. He's 150 odd will more than likely out score any Heat player in my team, even with them playing twice.

I was hoping he might save that for the second half of the tournament after I traded him in on the cheap. Absolute champion.
Speaking of good calls, I kept the faith in a big way and handed him the VC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy with a 90 from Lynn, my captaincy choices have been horrible.

At least none of the top 10 had Kallis in their side at the end of Rd 3.

1/32 so not too much damage done. Very glad I used those emergency loopholes. Without them I would have been 3/46.
Lumb and Henriques will be traded out in my remaining 2 trades, but I'm still not sure who to bring in. Probably not a Heat batsman, but it probably has to be a Heat all rounder. Very undecided on which one though.

The price changes are based on a player's last 3 games, not his last 3 rounds so I'm confused about how the Heat's price changes will be calculated.
Heat has only played 2 games so its players haven't had a price change yet. They won't change in price until this round is over but by then most of them will have played 4 games. Does that mean that their score's in their first game will never be taken into account in calculating their price change?

edit: I guess they'll simply work it out after games 1-3 and again after games 2-4 and apply the total change after the round is over.

Last edited:
1/32 so not too much damage done. Very glad I used those emergency loopholes. Without them I would have been 3/46.
Lumb and Henriques will be traded out in my remaining 2 trades, but I'm still not sure who to bring in. Probably not a Heat batsman, but it probably has to be a Heat all rounder. Very undecided on which one though.

I still can't decide between Christian & Cutting. Christian is due for a decent score or 2, opens the batting & bowls a bit but his price will plummet if he fails again, which would stuff up my future fixture sideways trading. Cutting struggles to get a bat when the top order fires. His bowling not as good as it used to be for some reason either.

Also, need to decide between 1 of Lynn & Reardon. Lynn is the obvious pick, but I'm not so sure. Reardon's good for run rate bonus points if he gets a start.

Lumb > Lynn or Reardon?
Henriques > Christian or Cutting?
Bollinger > Duffield

You're going down this round.

Kallis as VC a no brainer for Captain. He's 150 odd will more than likely out score any Heat player in my team, even with them playing twice.

Well, yeh. When an opponents C scores 300 you need a lot to go right for you to offset that, no matter how many players you have playing twice it probably won't be enough. Ultimately, you need your own captain to score 200+ points to have any chance.

Might want to revisit that.

Cummins was all over the shop last night. No control. I didn't realise that Arafat took a catch. Oh well, 12 point loss isn't the end of the world. Glad I benched Turner though -8 even worse to have in your starting 11 scores.

The price changes are based on a player's last 3 games, not his last 3 rounds so I'm confused about how the Heat's price changes will be calculated.
Heat has only played 2 games so its players haven't had a price change yet. They won't change in price until this round is over but by then most of them will have played 4 games. Does that mean that their score's in their first game will never be taken into account in calculating their price change?

edit: I guess they'll simply work it out after games 1-3 and again after games 2-4 and apply the total change after the round is over.

That's a very good question, hadn't thought about that. I suspect it would be the former, and the first score will never be considered in their price changes. Bit of a strange situation!!

I still can't decide between Christian & Cutting. Christian is due for a decent score or 2, opens the batting & bowls a bit but his price will plummet if he fails again, which would stuff up my future fixture sideways trading. Cutting struggles to get a bat when the top order fires. His bowling not as good as it used to be for some reason either.

Also, need to decide between 1 of Lynn & Reardon. Lynn is the obvious pick, but I'm not so sure. Reardon's good for run rate bonus points if he gets a start.

Lumb > Lynn or Reardon?
Henriques > Christian or Cutting?
Bollinger > Duffield
For what it's worth, I already have Lynn and Reardon and I'm only hoping Reardon scores well but I expect Lynn to score well and have made him my vc.
They are the only Heat batsmen who are playing so I have to look elsewhere for Lumb's replacement.

I'd add Flintoff to that list of possible Heat all rounders to replace Henriques. The double header should at least limit the damage of that 1st game -20.

I'm tossing up between the following options ....

Lumb>White
Henriques>Christian

or

Lumb>Simmons
Henriques>Flintoff

or

Henriques>Russell
Dunk>Peirson

The first option is the most likely to get a big score, but leaves me with White, Christian and Dunk all likely to drop a lot in value which could limit options in later rounds. The last option is the most likely to protect or increase team value but has less scoring potential and means I will have to keep Klinger's 22 points. Bravery versus caution!

For what it's worth, I already have Lynn and Reardon and I'm only hoping Reardon scores well but I expect Lynn to score well and have made him my vc.
They are the only Heat batsmen who are playing so I have to look elsewhere for Lumb's replacement.

I'd add Flintoff to that list of possible Heat all rounders to replace Henriques. The double header should at least limit the damage of that 1st game -20.

I'm tossing up between the following options ....

Lumb>White
Henriques>Christian

or

Lumb>Simmons
Henriques>Flintoff

or

Henriques>Russell
Dunk>Peirson

The first option is the most likely to get a big score, but leaves me with White, Christian and Dunk all likely to drop a lot in value which could limit options in later rounds. The last option is the most likely to protect or increase team value but has less scoring potential and means I will have to keep Klinger's 22 points. Bravery versus caution!

I wouldn't be wasting my trades bringing in Stars players ATM. Out of form as well as Rd7 bye.

This is Russell's last game I think.
Thanks, I didn't know that. One option now ruled out.

I wouldn't be wasting my trades bringing in Stars players ATM. Out of form as well as Rd7 bye.
The bye is far enough away not to matter much, but the poor form is a real worry. In general, the byes and double headers are pretty inconveniently timed though. Dunk will lose value for 2 games then have a double header followed by a bye. The temptation is to trade him out while he loses value, trade him in cheaper for the double header and trade him out again for a likely profit straight away for the bye. So many trades used though. Then there's Adelaide who have the bye in round 6 followed by a double header the next week. At least Brisbane play both rounds between their two double headers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back