Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasyunit

All Australian
Sep 1, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bye for the strikers, two games for the Hurricanes.

Planned trades are
Dorff>Boyce/Hilf
Kling>Mussey
Hogg>Sandhu

Weather could potentially wreak havoc on the next couple of rounds.

I think I'll go

Laughlin > Boyce
Klinger > Bailey
Harris > A Hurricanes batsman

Ended up going

Klinger > Bailey
Laughlin > Hilfenhaus
Harris > Wells

Down to 94th now. No way back.

The weather is a real problem this round. The first and last games should be safe but the Melbourne derby and the Hobart match have to be very unlikely to go ahead. That makes it possible that players from the Strikers(bye), Stars, Renegades and Scorchers won't play a game and that the Hurricane's double header becomes a single match. With 11 of my 15 players coming from those teams trades are tricky.

Ended up going

Klinger > Bailey
Laughlin > Hilfenhaus
Harris > Wells
I'm actually thinking of trading Wells out despite the double header. Since he's dropped so far down the batting order he's just not getting the chance to score. After their last failure he may be promoted again so I'll be waiting for tonight's team before making trades.

I'm actually thinking of trading Wells out despite the double header. Since he's dropped so far down the batting order he's just not getting the chance to score. After their last failure he may be promoted again so I'll be waiting for tonight's team before making trades.
I'm not sure with Wells. I picked him for his DGW but am second guessing myself

The weather is a real problem this round. The first and last games should be safe but the Melbourne derby and the Hobart match have to be very unlikely to go ahead. That makes it possible that players from the Strikers(bye), Stars, Renegades and Scorchers won't play a game and that the Hurricane's double header becomes a single match. With 11 of my 15 players coming from those teams trades are tricky.
If that were to eventuate as described, I'd only have one donut, so I think I'd be happy with that.

Hobart games should be fine.

Hobart games should be fine.
I hope you're right. I just assumed that if rain was around Tasmania would get it.

Trades are looking like being ...

Klinger>Bailey
Ludeman>Dunk
Richardson>Hilfenhaus

With a non-playing second WK, Ludeman and one of my two Strikers bowlers being traded out was pretty much compulsory, but both trades will probably be reversed after this round with the Strikers having the double header next round and Hobart having the bye the round after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hobart looks fine, tonights game also should be okay. The Melbourne Derby is a real chance to be a washout, and the last game is also a risk at this stage (Heat vs Sixers).

Hey guys, need a bit of help here. If you had to choose a starting 11 made up of just Stars & Thunder players who would they be? (prices not an issue)

Hey guys, need a bit of help here. If you had to choose a starting 11 made up of just Stars & Thunder players who would they be? (prices not an issue)

Mussey, KP, White, Blizzard, Kallis, Wright, Handscomb, Bird, Sandhu, Boland, Nannes.

Pretty much just the top averaging guys for the most part, but there is a reason for that. Handscomb, should bat higher than Triffitt now that they'll both be in the side.

With Hales, Paine and Birt out, they might line up something like Dunk, Malik, Bailey, Wells, Michael, Gulbis, Bresnan, bowlers. He should bat either 4 or 5 now.
You've convinced me. I just hope he plays well in one game

Mussey, KP, White, Blizzard, Kallis, Wright, Handscomb, Bird, Sandhu, Boland, Nannes.

Pretty much just the top averaging guys for the most part, but there is a reason for that. Handscomb, should bat higher than Triffitt now that they'll both be in the side.

WOW almost the same team that I had written down! I went Cummins over Nannes, but neither here nor there with those 2. Thanks mate. MrsG & I are just going to load up on those 2 teams from here on & have a double crack at the Rd8 weekly.

WOW almost the same team that I had written down! I went Cummins over Nannes, but neither here nor there with those 2. Thanks mate. MrsG & I are just going to load up on those 2 teams from here on & have a double crack at the Rd8 weekly.

No worries. I would definitely have Cummins ahead of Nannes, I just left him out because I'm planning as if he's going to be in the World Cup squad. He may not be, in which case definitely pick him up next round.

No worries. I would definitely have Cummins ahead of Nannes, I just left him out because I'm planning as if he's going to be in the World Cup squad. He may not be, in which case definitely pick him up next round.

Speaking of the WC, the first match is 2 weeks after Rd8 BBL surely the named players would be able to play BBL in Rd8?

4th to 7th overall :(. Only 50 points behind 2nd, will have to hope the leader stuffs up from here.

Eh, we're only halfway, it's going to be tough to chase down 200+ points (291 for me), but Rd 7 and 8 in particular could cause absolute havoc with weather, international commitments, injuries. And then the lucky dip of the last two rounds, I won't be giving up hope just yet.

Speaking of the WC, the first match is 2 weeks after Rd8 BBL surely the named players would be able to play BBL in Rd8?

Nope, the tri-series with India and England starts in a week, after this weekend none of the players in that squad will be available for BBL.

Edit: Squad is named on Sunday (they picked it tuesday but just had to make us wait :mad:)

Nope, the tri-series with India and England starts in a week, after this weekend none of the players in that squad will be available for BBL.

Edit: Squad is named on Sunday (they picked it tuesday but just had to make us wait:mad: )

So the tri-series squad will be the WC squad as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back