Status
Not open for further replies.

fantasyunit

All Australian
Sep 1, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
Gold Coast
No double games this round, so it will be interesting to see how teams stack up with a level playing field. I think 500 will be a good score.

My trades are:
Beer to Hilf
Faulkner to Christian
Lumb to Lynn

Hating the lack of bowling options at the heat. Will wait another round and jump on whichever one looks most secure (probably Gannon).

Heat vs Stars tonight. Looks likely to be a washout, so if you're bringing Heat players in for their double game weeks coming up, make sure you have bench cover.

Heat vs Stars tonight. Looks likely to be a washout, so if you're bringing Heat players in for their double game weeks coming up, make sure you have bench cover.

I'll be trading in 3 Heat players today, regardless if there's a washout or not.

Yep, still the best approach, back the gameplan :D

My gameplan is sound...my choice of players...not so sound. :drunk::rainbow:

If the game tonight is a washout I'll trade out my 2 Stars & 1 Thunder players for 3 Heat players & just bench them for this round. Then next week trade out 3 Sixers for another 3 Heat. Makes no difference to me in which order I trade out Stars/Sixers/Thunder players over the next 2-3 rounds.

Made 3 trades.
just happy I have found my reserve slab and its on ice
massive massive phew from me!

Same here. I started to panic when I saw the beer fridge down to the last 6 pack, then I remembered about the slab I bought a few weeks back still sitting in the boot of my car! :)

Same here. I started to panic when I saw the beer fridge down to the last 6 pack, then I remembered about the slab I bought a few weeks back still sitting in the boot of my car! :)

Empty big freezer of crap into little freezer
slab into freezer
alarm set for 5pm
what could be better

My gameplan is sound...my choice of players...not so sound. :drunk::rainbow:

If the game tonight is a washout I'll trade out my 2 Stars & 1 Thunder players for 3 Heat players & just bench them for this round. Then next week trade out 3 Sixers for another 3 Heat. Makes no difference to me in which order I trade out Stars/Sixers/Thunder players over the next 2-3 rounds.
It probably does. I'm concerned that by looking only at double headers and ignoring price changes the overall value and ability of our teams will be eroded.
For example, if Carberry and Bollinger are in your team they have to go before they play again. Bollinger has only lost a little value so far but, with a zero carrying over into his next 2 price changes his value could plummet. Carberry has started badly and now faces arguably the best bowlers in the comp in his 3rd match so his value will probably drop substantially too. Maddison's already had his first price rise but, with his next game against the Scorchers and his big first game score dropping out of his 3 game average, he's likely to give back a fair bit of that price rise. Even Henriques is a problem. He's already dropped about $8k. His batting has looked pretty ordinary and now he faces the Scorchers attack. Add that to his reduced bowling in game 3 due to the return of Starc and further, bigger price drops look likely.

I'll be getting rid of Bollinger, Carberry and either Henriques or Maddison. Who I bring in will depend on tonight's weather outlook closer to the match. If the game's washed out I'll be looking at Thunder players. They don't have a double header, but they do play the Renegades which seems almost as good.

It probably does. I'm concerned that by looking only at double headers and ignoring price changes the overall value and ability of our teams will be eroded.
For example, if Carberry and Bollinger are in your team they have to go before they play again. Bollinger has only lost a little value so far but, with a zero carrying over into his next 2 price changes his value could plummet. Carberry has started badly and now faces arguably the best bowlers in the comp in his 3rd match so his value will probably drop substantially too. Maddison's already had his first price rise but, with his next game against the Scorchers and his big first game score dropping out of his 3 game average, he's likely to give back a fair bit of that price rise. Even Henriques is a problem. He's already dropped about $8k. His batting has looked pretty ordinary and now he faces the Scorchers attack. Add that to his reduced bowling in game 3 due to the return of Starc and further, bigger price drops look likely.

I'll be getting rid of Bollinger, Carberry and either Henriques or Maddison. Who I bring in will depend on tonight's weather outlook closer to the match. If the game's washed out I'll be looking at Thunder players. They don't have a double header, but they do play the Renegades which seems almost as good.

Strong point. You have to remember though that the price changes this round are a bit distorted because only 9 players changed price. The total player value change has to be 0, and with such a small sample it's a little out of whack. Henriques and Maddinson shouldn't lose any more value if they match their average this round. Carbs would, but ill back him to perform. Dougie's 0 is an issue, but Beer is a bigger problem for me.

That aside, your point is valid. You can't disregard team value in your strategy. It's the reason I'm trading Beer to Richardson rather than Hilf this round, as I expect I'll get Hilf a little cheaper in a couple of rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually alternatively I could go Hartley -> Peirson and Bollinger -> Duffield and pocket the change. Might give up some points, could gain some next week.

Actually alternatively I could go Hartley -> Peirson and Bollinger -> Duffield and pocket the change. Might give up some points, could gain some next week.

Wait for Xl's, I'd say Duffields spot is precarious. Also I think Vettori might be required for NZ (if they pick him) before the Heats second DGW, might be a factor in your decision.

Bloody hell. Steketee in for Gannon. Trying to pick a Heat bowler to trade in and carry to Rd 7 is going to be a nightmare next round. Hopefully Peirson actually does open tonight.

Bloody hell. Steketee in for Gannon. Trying to pick a Heat bowler to trade in and carry to Rd 7 is going to be a nightmare next round. Hopefully Peirson actually does open tonight.

I'm rolling with Duffield, at least he's reasonably cheap.

Strong point. You have to remember though that the price changes this round are a bit distorted because only 9 players changed price. The total player value change has to be 0, and with such a small sample it's a little out of whack. Henriques and Maddinson shouldn't lose any more value if they match their average this round. Carbs would, but ill back him to perform. Dougie's 0 is an issue, but Beer is a bigger problem for me.

That aside, your point is valid. You can't disregard team value in your strategy. It's the reason I'm trading Beer to Richardson rather than Hilf this round, as I expect I'll get Hilf a little cheaper in a couple of rounds.
I forgot about the value change having to be 0. I guess the next price changes to the Sixers players will depend on whether the scoring this round is generally higher or lower than the respective values of all the players.

Glad to hear the game looks like going ahead. Makes Carberry>Lynn and either Maddison>Reardon or Henriques>Christian look pretty appealing. Christian will need to perform to make up for his poor score in his first game. Absolutely agree about Richardson on the bubble. Bollinger>Richardson is already locked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back