Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

BBL is finished well before the World Cup starts.
It was decided last BBL final that it was going to be played in Canberra.

Well that's just stupid then, could get a massive crowd at the G if the Stars stopped choking, be about 10 people in Canberra

Pretty sure the explanation I have heard is that a couple of venues will already be unavailable due to World Cup preparations. Seems strange to me and think it is silly playing it there. Having said that, I don't agree that nobody will show; pretty sure I heard yesterday there's only 1 thousand tickets left, unsure how many if any have been left for competing teams though.

Yep I think we missed our chance the last two seasons. We may not even make the semis. :thumbsdown:

Only two games in, you're going way too early.

Nope, the Stars are done

Whilst they have a very good batting lineup, these first 2 games have shown up just how poor the bowling attack is, Michael Beer was a late inclusion and is the only decent bowler, Malinga was what carried them last year and without that gun bowler they have no hope. None of the quicks are any good and if they are having to give Worrall a game it shows how desperate it has become

Nope, the Stars are done

Whilst they have a very good batting lineup, these first 2 games have shown up just how poor the bowling attack is, Michael Beer was a late inclusion and is the only decent bowler, Malinga was what carried them last year and without that gun bowler they have no hope. None of the quicks are any good and if they are having to give Worrall a game it shows how desperate it has become
jackson Bird is a decent bowler that has performed well in the BBL same goes for James Faulkner.

Nope, the Stars are done

Disagree with this. Stars have plenty of bowlers but they haven't done well yet. Faulkner's a gun as is Hastings and Bird. Beer is a handy pick up. They're just struggling with a 5th bowling option, however I believe they can fix this problem by bringing in Stoinis for Worrall. Stoinis, Wright, Hussey and Maxwell can combine for the 5th bowler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the explanation I have heard is that a couple of venues will already be unavailable due to World Cup preparations. Seems strange to me and think it is silly playing it there. Having said that, I don't agree that nobody will show; pretty sure I heard yesterday there's only 1 thousand tickets left, unsure how many if any have been left for competing teams though.
Honestly, I think CA were pissed that it's been at the WACA the last three seasons.

Who? Is he half good?

2151 runs at an average of 27. Played a T/20I for England recently, only made 8.

He did however have a blinder of a series in the England T/20 Competition.

In 14 innings he made 619@47.61 (most runs in tournament), combined with at S/R of 152 and made 8 50's

I feel as though he could be a very good pickup possibly even being better than Morgan.

Please note England's 20/20 comp isn't very strong as demonstrated when Dan Christian made 129 from 57 deliveries. They have an 18 team comp and as you can imagine you would face some poor bowlers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back