Big Bash Season 15-16

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Every Major Cricket Venue is really a make shift ground. with AFL being played on them in the winter and cricket in the summer, with the aid of drop in pitches.
but etihad is only ever used for the BBL nothing else and ANZ for a few ODI's and BBL.
what might aid with etihads problem is the pitch would spend most hrs of the day in shade thanks to the stands.
ANZ everything is wrong with the place, with the pitch being one of them always slow and low with uneven bounce, and the out field is rubbish, for AFL, NRL or cricket. never been there but from a common complaint is that the seats are to far back

The MCG and Adelaide Oval are the only two major stadiums that use drop ins

Hellgood

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 21, 2006
WA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
BBL final is going to be at a neutral venue apparently, and that is most likely to be Adelaide Oval. Can't say I agree with that at all.

Really? That would be a very strange move and be a big setback to the support the franchises have seemed to develop in their home cities.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
is this the compensation for losing the Australia Day game?

Yeah apparently so, I saw it on Adelaide Now so not sure if there is bias involved or anything. Just ridiculous imo playing it at a neutral venue (especially considering how ordinary the Strikers are). I would go along but the only reason for the big BBL crowds in Adelaide is errr the fact that there is a team to support. Can't see a Sydney Sixers vs Hobart Hurricanes match getting anymore than 15k despite it being the final.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It would be a good time for a holiday to Adelaide. Could potentially be great for SA tourism.

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
BBL final is going to be at a neutral venue apparently, and that is most likely to be Adelaide Oval. Can't say I agree with that at all.

Laughable if correct. Probably just CA giving themselves a year's cover before moving it to Melbourne, and their "fantastic" sub-15k crowds, permanently.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Laughable if correct. Probably just CA giving themselves a year's cover before moving it to Melbourne, and their "fantastic" sub-15k crowds, permanently.

Yeah also reckon it's ridiculous. Would rather it be at the Waca permanently than the MCG, easier to get a decent atmosphere if local team isn't participating.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I don't think he has done much since the state T20 comps?

Slight upgrade on Hughes/Borgas types.

Ideally for the Thunder this is the year Patterson and Doran kick on.

yeah hasn't done too much apart from the odd innings, but lets face it that's more than the previous Thunder players ;). Think he was alright for the Strikers in BBL1 and Canes in BBL2 but hardly set the world on fire.

Back