Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bit rough on Tait, was pretty good in the tournament I thought.

Strikers number 1 target must be a power play bowler. We were hamstrung having Tait, Laughlin and Zampa who aren't suited to bowling in the powerplay. Tait was too difficult to play given he can't bowl in the powerplay or at the death. If fit I'd play Putland ahead of him next season.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Strikers number 1 target must be a power play bowler. We were hamstrung having Tait, Laughlin and Zampa who aren't suited to bowling in the powerplay. Tait was too difficult to play given he can't bowl in the powerplay or at the death. If fit I'd play Putland ahead of him next season.

Can I dream and say we should get Malinga?

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
As far as actual lists go, the Renegades look the most uninspiring for the T20 format, need some decent T20 players signed on.

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
Anyone from the Scorchers planning on moving?

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone have a crack a Mackin given how well Duffield worked out for the Heat despite struggling to get a game for us.

Sad to see the Canes and Strikers getting a bit rogered, guess Cricket Australia needs to shore up their "flagship" sides somehow.

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
Why don't they just play Muirhead if they want a leg spinner..why the Stars got rid of him for Michael Beer I'll never know.

Muirhead's on the outer at Victoria. Couldn't land it on the pitch in his Shield games and didn't play a game in the Ryobi before they offloaded him. Chances are if they did keep Muirhead, he would have been behind Clive Rose. Stars without a doubt won that trade for Beer. The cynical side of me says it was also tactical, hoping Muirhead can learn something from Langer and Hogg to improve his Shield chances for the Bushrangers.

Muirhead's on the outer at Victoria. Couldn't land it on the pitch in his only Shield game and didn't play a game in the Ryobi before they offloaded him. Chances are if they did keep Muirhead, he would have been behind Clive Rose. Stars without a doubt won that trade for Beer. The cynical side of me says it was also tactical, hoping Muirhead can learn something from Langer and Hogg to improve his Shield chances for the Bushrangers.

I'm hoping he gets out of Cricket Victoria as they have no idea how to develop players at all perhaps to Tasmania for instance or NSW. If they thought Clive Rose and his Four N Twentys was a better option they are more stupid than I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Muirhead's on the outer at Victoria. Couldn't land it on the pitch in his Shield games and didn't play a game in the Ryobi before they offloaded him. Chances are if they did keep Muirhead, he would have been behind Clive Rose. Stars without a doubt won that trade for Beer. The cynical side of me says it was also tactical, hoping Muirhead can learn something from Langer and Hogg to improve his Shield chances for the Bushrangers.
Cricket Victoria have ****ed him over badly. I hope he leaves us and becomes a gun for a different state.

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
Why don't they just play Muirhead if they want a leg spinner..why the Stars got rid of him for Michael Beer I'll never know.

Beer is so far in front of Muirhead as a limited overs bowler it's not funny. He'd be a walk-up start at the Scorchers if Hogg didn't seemingly have the ability to play until he's 50.

It's telling the Stars didn't start winning games until White started bowling him earlier and giving him more overs.

Beer is so far in front of Muirhead as a limited overs bowler it's not funny. He'd be a walk-up start at the Scorchers if Hogg didn't seemingly have the ability to play until he's 50.

It's telling the Stars didn't start winning games until White started bowling him earlier and giving him more overs.
Muirhead was also in the Australian T20 side last year.

BlueMaster1

Club Legend
May 12, 2013
Tas
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Hurricanes to announce tait or Christian has joined them tommorow

BlueMaster1

Club Legend
May 12, 2013
Tas
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
What a nice team it would be if we could get both

1. Dunk

2. Paine

3. Christian

4. Hill

5. Bailey

6. Wells

7. Sammy

8. Bresnan

9. Boyce

10. Reed

11. Tait

Pounce

Club Legend
Dec 8, 2012
Tasmania
AFL Club
Richmond
What a nice team it would be if we could get both

1. Dunk

2. Paine

3. Christian

4. Hill

5. Bailey

6. Wells

7. Sammy

8. Bresnan

9. Boyce

10. Reed

11. Tait
That is a base of a decent side. We need a few more attacking batsman for when Bailey is on international duty and if Hill or Wells stink it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back