Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are other States so keen to separate their Big Bash side from their domestic side? Justin Langer has always said the key to their success lately has been the fact that the Scorchers and Warriors are practically one and the same and not separate entities.

Why are other States so keen to separate their Big Bash side from their domestic side? Justin Langer has always said the key to their success lately has been the fact that the Scorchers and Warriors are practically one and the same and not separate entities.
Given the Warriors are just as successful as the Scorchers, why change it around? :p

Well both Melbourne and Sydney teams are forced to do this anyway. So that's half the teams already.

Big write up today in a tassie newspaper that the trying to land Kumar sangakkara

Big write up today in a tassie newspaper that the trying to land Kumar sangakkara

Not really sure why. I rate him but is he that good a T20 player? It is like the stars trying to get Clarke...I mean...seriously? What a waste. Why not go after Angelo Matthews instead?

Kumar apparently going to one of the Sydney teams. Probably Thunder, unless the Sixers have finally let Lumb go.

That would make the Thunder top three be Hussey, Kallis and Sangakkarra. Insane pedigree there.

Stars set to name Clarke as captain. Big mistake, it's not his format at all and they are locking him into the XI.
So this surely means he's retiring from International cricket after the Ashes.The BB is played during the Test series here in December/January,which would leave him unavailable for the Tarts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strikers really dropping the ball without a coach. Interesting after they went so hard recruiting last year. Seem to be undoing all their 'good' work.

Stars list so far for next season

Michael Beer, Scott Boland, Peter Handscomb, John Hastings, Ben Hilfenhaus, David Hussey, Glenn Maxwell, Kevin Pietersen, Rob Quiney, Marcus Stoinis, Tom Triffitt, Luke Wright.

Added

Michael Clarke (c), Adam Zampa, Evan Gulbis, Daniel Worrall

Best XI at this stage
Wright, Stoinis, Clarke (c), Pietersen, Handscomb, Maxwell, Triffitt, Hastings, Boland, Hilfenhaus, Beer/Zampa

Quiney, Worrall, Gulbis, Dussey on the sidelines.

Need a genuine strike pace bowler

Added

Best XI at this stage
Wright, Stoinis, Clarke (c), Pietersen, Handscomb, Maxwell, Triffitt, Hastings, Boland, Hilfenhaus, Beer/Zampa

Can they afford one?

And would you really play Clarke at 3? I would push him down to 6 or even 7.

Added

Best XI at this stage

Clarke will open, Pietersen will probably be back in England colours by then.

Is Faulkner out of contract?

Best XI at this stage

So no room for the guy who is supposedly going to captain them for half the series ?
Thought it was odd they'd have him as captain as he'd be no certainty to get a game.

Can they afford one?

And would you really play Clarke at 3? I would push him down to 6 or even 7.

Wouldn't want him in when needing quick runs at the end, if he plays it has to be top 3

If they are paying Clarke his T20 worth, yes easily.

Clarke will open, Pietersen will probably be back in England colours by then.

Is Faulkner out of contract?

No he wont

So no room for the guy who is supposedly going to captain them for half the series ?
Thought it was odd they'd have him as captain as he'd be no certainty to get a game.

Bit like this year, Duss came into the Victorian side when White went out. He comes in when an experienced replacement is needed

Is a completely ridiculous recruitment in my opinion. Is not a T20 player in my opinion and he will bat himself at the top of the order and will be all about him. Glad my young likes the Renegades
All about him? Oh. You're one of those guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back