Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

All about him? Oh. You're one of those guys.

What do you mean?? I am a huge fan of his work in the other formats but I don't believe he is suited to T20 cricket. He will bat himself at the top of the order to compensate for the fact that he is not a huge hitter and in my opinion will be a detriment to the team in that role alsoj

Just because he's not a great slogger and doesn't invent ramp or reverse shots doesn't mean he still can't score at a decent rate, especially against weaker domestic level bowling.
Let's see how he goes against Behrendorff, NCN, Arafat/Paris, Tye, Hogg and Agar. :)

Just because he's not a great slogger and doesn't invent ramp or reverse shots doesn't mean he still can't score at a decent rate, especially against weaker domestic level bowling.

^^This. His ODI record opening is very good, he's well suited to take advantage of the field being up for the first 6 overs and give the Stars a decent start to the innings that the more slogger types can build on later.

Is a completely ridiculous recruitment in my opinion. Is not a T20 player in my opinion and he will bat himself at the top of the order and will be all about him. Glad my young likes the Renegades

So that's all in your opinion ?

Do BBL players still get paid to not play? ie. Is there some sort of guaranteed/retainer part of their contract?

I just thought it was disappointing that Clarke has been "the face of the Thunder" for 3 seasons and never played a game, and he's moved now that he'll be available for some.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if its already been mentioned (cant be bothered going back through all the Clarke vitriol to look back) but has Dan Christian signed with Hobart?

No what were did u hear he was coming to hobart

Anyway you suspect the Sangakkara signing is a better signing for everyone else promotion wise. The Melbourne and Sydney teams will get a nice home crowd boost against Hobart. Playing wise, while he is not suited so much to T20, he is a big upgrade on Shah/Malik/Hales anyhow.

Well yeah obviously Perf are the exception with our world class attack :)

Oh yes because all of those players are within any Australian side currently...oh lordy me hell is here and it is scary as a bunch of decent enough t20 bowlers.

If they were any good, they would be purchased by t20 franchises globally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back