Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

With all these massive signings by rival clubs, will the Scorchers be left in their dust?
The Scorchers don't make massive signings. If anything, the teams that are making massive signings are often not learning from their past mistakes.

The Scorchers don't make massive signings. If anything, the teams that are making massive signings are often not learning from their past mistakes.

Though to be fair Sangakkara is a brilliant signing but probably takes up a pretty significant part of the salary cap.

From a Perth point of view - do we give Arafat another contract?

Still a good bowler and doing well in England at the moment.

And Paris' fitness is pretty uncertain.

Would like to strengthen the batting though. I wonder if Umar Akmal would be available cheaply.

Carberry played well. Arafat played well. Keep both of them. Keep the same squad I say. Only guys we may need to replace are Shaun & Mitch Marsh & Voges if they're all on international duty.

Carberry played well. Arafat played well. Keep both of them. Keep the same squad I say. Only guys we may need to replace are Shaun & Mitch Marsh & Voges if they're all on international duty.

Which would require another batsman.

And if Paris is fit we might end up trying to fit in Hogg, Paris, Behrendorff, Tye, Coulter-Nile and Arafat in the one team.

Which would require another batsman.

And if Paris is fit we might end up trying to fit in Hogg, Paris, Behrendorff, Tye, Coulter-Nile and Arafat in the one team.
Paris is kept out until one of the other's form drops off. I'm not sure Tye can keep his BBL4 form, while NCN could well be on international duty at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Krejza was actually pretty good in T20s in the old state comp for Tasmania.

An exodus of Tasmanian players from Hobart is not a great look, especially when they are replaced by old journeyman like Tait and Christian.
Tasmania really haven't lost any quality Twenty20 players this season. Ben Hilfenhaus is a pretty average Twenty20 bowler these days and can bowl some real pies to the batsman. Cameron Boyce is a much better Twenty20 spinner than Xavier Doherty, so he isn't a big loss either.

Shaun Tait and Daniel Christian will improve the Hurricanes side, so I don't have a problem with them signing with us.

Hurricanes sign Clive Rose from Stars and Hill + Timm van der Gugten resign.
Doubt Rose would have got a contract with the stars this season.

I am so keen for the BBL this year. So many superstars will be over here! Hopefully Gayle actually turns up and puts on a spectacle. But more importantly go the Hurricanes!

Brisbane Heat have just announced they have signed Brendon McCullum for three years - not sure how many games he will play in year one but they should get a bit out of him in yrs two & three. Pretty good signing though - hopefully they will have a bit of coin left to get a decent replacement for him too when he is away with NZ.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back