Big Bash Season 15-16

Remove this Banner Ad

Paine Dunk Sangakkara Bailey Wells Christian Sammy Boyce Rainbird Reed Tait (Hill, Webster, Milenko, Rose, Van der Gugten)

A good fast bowler short and while they could probably get away with that top 7 if everyone is available and in decent form another decent genuine bat wouldn't hurt either.

The Strikers have Blewett as their fielding coach. Now they just need to fill their squad with some cricketers.

Quite lazy fixturing to be honest. Gave the Strikers pretty much the exact games as last year except swapped the Sydney teams around. I hate going to AO and see us play the same teams at home every year.

CA: "Unlike last summer’s schedule which saw Manuka Oval host the final as a result of World Cup complications, the highest-qualifying final team will earn the right to host the decider."*

*Until Perth qualifies again, at which point we'll shift it to Melbourne because reasons.

Quite lazy fixturing to be honest. Gave the Strikers pretty much the exact games as last year except swapped the Sydney teams around. I hate going to AO and see us play the same teams at home every year.

Pretty much my thoughts, not to mention they have strikers in melbourne vs renegades on the exact same day, not that I'm complaining as I'm normally in melbourne for the tennis.

Pretty much my thoughts, not to mention they have strikers in melbourne vs renegades on the exact same day, not that I'm complaining as I'm normally in melbourne for the tennis.
It's quite frustrating considering it took us 4 seasons to play the Thunder at AO and it turns out to be a washout game. You would've thought they would be back here again this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall pretty happy with fixture.
The issues from last year being the finals venue and the delayed QLD broadcasts have been sorted out

6:15 games in Perth are good for the scorchers as playing in the sunset/dusk offers some sort of home ground advantage but bad for people sitting on the east bank staring into the sun. How hard is it to fixture a double header, one game over east then the perth fixture starting at around 7:30? With a test match on you could watch cricket from 8am to 11pm WST!!!

6:15 games in Perth are good for the scorchers as playing in the sunset/dusk offers some sort of home ground advantage but bad for people sitting on the east bank staring into the sun. How hard is it to fixture a double header, one game over east then the perth fixture starting at around 7:30? With a test match on you could watch cricket from 8am to 11pm WST!!!
I thought it was better in BBL04 where there was a game almost every night. Would rather that compared to double headers....

I move to Melbourne next week (can't ******* wait!) so I probably look at the draw through a different prism. I never chose a BBL team, I always wanted to wait til I got to Melbourne, attend some games and see who "chose me". (although I now realise my train doesn't do the city loop on weekends and only goes to Flinders St, thus my decision might've been made for me!)

So I look at the draw through the prism of how well spread out are the dates so I can attend a few games, and how do they line up with the A League cos my brother and a friend of mine are likely to come visit me if they line up well.

In terms of BBL games in Melbourne being relatively well spread out, it looks ok - in terms of it lining up with good A League games, unfortunately it's a little rubbish.

I move to Melbourne next week (can't ******* wait!) so I probably look at the draw through a different prism. I never chose a BBL team, I always wanted to wait til I got to Melbourne, attend some games and see who "chose me". (although I now realise my train doesn't do the city loop on weekends and only goes to Flinders St, thus my decision might've been made for me!)

So I look at the draw through the prism of how well spread out are the dates so I can attend a few games, and how do they line up with the A League cos my brother and a friend of mine are likely to come visit me if they line up well.

In terms of BBL games in Melbourne being relatively well spread out, it looks ok - in terms of it lining up with good A League games, unfortunately it's a little rubbish.
If that's the Glen Waverley line, it only runs via the loop on the way home after midday weekdays.

If that's the Glen Waverley line, it only runs via the loop on the way home after midday weekdays.

Nah, South Morang line - I started looking into how long it would take to get to and from footy games, and as far as I can tell it only goes to Flinders St. I was more annoyed because of the footy games at Docklands.

Renegades have cooler name and colours.

Renegades have cooler name and colours.

I think both Melbourne teams have rubbish names. You're right about the colours though.

I discovered tonight that there's a tram that goes near my new house too, that goes to Spencer St. Getting to Docklands on a tram obviously takes longer than getting to the G on a train (cos mine is one of the trains that stops at Jolimont without going to the city.)

But when I consider Gayle, Bravo, Finch and Pattinson compared to... well, only really Faulkner who I love at the Stars... and when I consider that there's also a Lord of the Fries at the top of the stairs on the way to Docklands... You could be onto something with the Renegades :p

(I did always like the idea of cricket in a dome where you know there's 0% chance of a rain-shortened match)

I still plan to attend games from both teams and see if either of them really grabs me. The BBL is one of the things I'm most looking forward to! After the AFL, spring carnival and A-League (chronologically) of course :)

Memberships go on sale end of the month I think

Can anyone remember what the Melbourne teams charged for a 4 (or 5) game membership last season? I probably wouldn't do it first season, but I'd be curious to know what BBL teams are asking in comparison to AFL teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back