Big Brother 2013 Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And when they say "does my bum look big in this?" the only answer is "no". Don't even hesitate either because that's just as bad.

Ultimate wingman!:D

No, you say

"You look like Beyonce"

You can thank me afterwards

There's still a bit of a risk factor involved there. Depends on the girl. Horses for courses (don't refer to a girl as a horse either).:p

Especially if she is Sarah Jessica Parker.

waynes-world-monkeys-might-fly-out--e1297873880696.jpg

I didn't notice anything either. Never, and I mean NEVER, say that a girl has "fattened up" in real life, tazzawazza.:p

Yeah lol I know. But thanks for the warning :).

And when they say "does my bum look big in this?" the only answer is "no". Don't even hesitate either because that's just as bad.

Ultimate wingman!:D

TheFreshBanana DThomas seems to know everything about girls. You are a real ladies man DT :). When TFB and I get girlfriends we will be sure to annoy you with lots of questions :).

Well even though I don't have a gf, I still have a question. Why is it that we guys have to spend our money on the girl? I went out with someone two weeks ago (just as a friend) and I had to buy her movie ticket, food before the movie and food after the movie. She didn't even ask to pay, and that's quite normal considering the past experience my friends and I have had. Why is this so? I don't like it

Errr you don't really buy tickets for friends. Unless it's a "shout". It's not common regarding friends.

Anyway, paying for the first date is tradition. My guess would be because the male is meant to court the woman, he is supposed to pay, also because men used to be the ones who made money, whereas girls did not. It's just an old tradition, basing off old sexism, even though women are completely fine with it. Although, it's even more annoying when feminists insist on paying to break this tradition.

Generally it's good manners for the girl to insist on paying, but we all know the guy will eventually pay.

If you are paying for your friends food, movie ticket whatever on a daily occurence. It is a date as far as I'm concerned, and you deserve some sort of reward.

Errr you don't really buy tickets for friends. Unless it's a "shout". It's not common regarding friends.

Anyway, paying for the first date is tradition. My guess would be because the male is meant to court the woman, he is supposed to pay, also because men used to be the ones who made money, whereas girls did not. It's just an old tradition, basing off old sexism, even though women are completely fine with it. Although, it's even more annoying when feminists insist on paying to break this tradition.

Generally it's good manners for the girl to insist on paying, but we all know the guy will eventually pay.

Yes I know what shouting is, it's the same as 'paying for a friend, in particular a female'. I can afford movies at this stage, but I really can't see myself affording expensive restaurant bills in the future that I have to pay just to go out with a girl.

Yes I know what shouting is, it's the same as 'paying for a friend, in particular a female'. I can afford movies at this stage, but I really can't see myself affording expensive restaurant bills in the future that I have to pay just to go out with a girl.

Well, shouting doesn't really have any preference. As far as I'm concerned, a female friend is no different to a male friend. I wouldn't shout her more often unless I was actually trying to get with her.

I don't think you'd be expected to go to expensive restaurants, I mean, like for 2 people maybe as a student you'd be expecting $60 at most? Depends on drinks.

I got to walk her home that's it, so I got no reward :thumbsu:

Did she seem interested?

Tbh, sounds like bullshit. Either she's interested or not. You've either got some weird, unfair friend dynamics or she's stringing you along.

Well, shouting doesn't really have any preference. As far as I'm concerned, a female friend is no different to a male friend. I wouldn't shout her more often unless I was actually trying to get with her.

I don't think you'd be expected to go to expensive restaurants, I mean, like for 2 people maybe as a student you'd be expecting $60 at most? Depends on drinks.

Did she seem interested?

Tbh, sounds like bullshit. Either she's interested or not. You've either got some weird, unfair friend dynamics or she's stringing you along.

It wasn't really a date, I just offered to pay and she let me. How would I know if she is interested? And I'm not really interested so I wasn't expecting 'a reward'. I don't expect 'rewards' for just going out with a female friend, it's the same thing as going out with a male friend, would you expect a 'reward' if you went out with a guy?

Expensive restaurants do not cost $60. I don't want to go to bloody nandos when I'm 22-23, I'd like to go somewhere really good, just doubt I can afford it. Will have to wait and see what I become.

And what do you mean by sounding like bull s**t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It wasn't really a date, I just offered to pay and she let me. How would I know if she is interested? And I'm not really interested so I wasn't expecting 'a reward'. I don't expect 'rewards' for just going out with a female friend, it's the same thing as going out with a male friend, would you expect a 'reward' if you went out with a guy?

Expensive restaurants do not cost $60. I don't want to go to bloody nandos when I'm 22-23, I'd like to go somewhere really good, just doubt I can afford it. Will have to wait and see what I become.

And what do you mean by sounding like bull s**t?

Well that's different to what you made the story sound like. If you offered, well ehh it's not exactly good character to accept but yeah...

If you hung out with the girl and had to pay every single time, I think she is probably just using you. She might enjoy your company, but I don't think it's fair for that to be the way it is. I don't know the situation, so I'm not coming up with conclusions, just saying that's my take if that happened.

You don't have to take her to expensive restaurants.

And I don't understand how you were saying that it's 'a traditional' to offer a girl to pay for her movie or food, and now you are saying that she 'used me' because I paid. Now I'm actually starting to think that she did actually use me. But I've known her for ages and it was really the first time she made be buy her something.

And I don't understand how you were saying that it's 'a traditional' to offer a girl to pay for her movie or food, and now you are saying that she 'used me' because I paid. Now I'm actually starting to think that she did actually use me. But I've known her for ages and it was really the first time she made be buy her something.

Well, the confusion lies because you didn't exactly explain all the important details.

It made it sound like this was a usual, ongoing thing. And that it was expected for you to pay, not that you offered.

Sounds fine to me, if it's an off the cuff thing.

Well, the confusion lies because you didn't exactly explain all the important details.

It made it sound like this was a usual, ongoing thing. And that it was expected for you to pay, not that you offered.

Sounds fine to me, if it's an off the cuff thing.

Do you think I should talk to her? Ask her what that day actually was?

TheFreshBanana DThomas seems to know everything about girls. You are a real ladies man DT :). When TFB and I get girlfriends we will be sure to annoy you with lots of questions :).

Well even though I don't have a gf, I still have a question. Why is it that we guys have to spend our money on the girl? I went out with someone two weeks ago (just as a friend) and I had to buy her movie ticket, food before the movie and food after the movie. She didn't even ask to pay, and that's quite normal considering the past experience my friends and I have had. Why is this so? I don't like it
It's just considered the "gentlemanly" thing to do, and I guess it's also considered more masculine to pay for the girl. If it's a date, then you would probably be expected to pay, but if it's just you and a friend who also happens to be a girl, then I wouldn't be paying every single time. Maybe to be polite I'd pay once or twice, but generally between friends you'd just pay for yourself and they'd pay for themselves.

It's just considered the "gentlemanly" thing to do, and I guess it's also considered more masculine to pay for the girl. If it's a date, then you would probably be expected to pay, but if it's just you and a friend who also happens to be a girl, then I wouldn't be paying every single time. Maybe to be polite I'd pay once or twice, but generally between friends you'd just pay for yourself and they'd pay for themselves.

good relief

HOLY F*CK! Estelle from 2012 Big Brother was just on the news shrieking about how "WE CAN'T BREATHE!" from some smoke or something. So ridiculously over-the-top! She looked like a genuine psychopath. She hasn't changed a single bit. Pissing myself with laughter!:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back