Big Footy 2015 Mid Year Awards: The winners revealed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Most improved poster:

Again, a tied contest.

One of the winners splits opinion a lot of the time, isn't afraid to get stuck in and will call a spade a spade. After a brief hiatus (which I am sure many were relieved about), his return definitely brought a frown to a few faces I'm sure. Regularly baits the Liverpool supporters and won't back down in an argument, but his determination can't be faulted. Has plenty of knowledge, and being an old fart, can tell us a bit more about football in the 60s.

The second, I don't think was ever bad, but I guess his rise to prominence in the last six months or so allows him to be eligible for the award. Never afraid to ruffle a few feathers and can partake in a knowledgeable discussion when needed.

Winners: moomba & Bojan KantKick

Votes: jatz, SM x2, moomba x3, Bojan x3 nufc, typeclub, chef, NFSB, Loonerty, typeclub

Man-City-v-Man-Utd-007.jpg

Worst newcomer:

Only two posters polled votes, and after the last few days clearly the wrong way around, evidently.

campaigner, rude, vulgar, lacks manners, a sook, disruptive. The list is endless. And on top of that, can't even spell his own username correctly.

CR was the real winner, also probably not unjust with the slop that is often dished up and lack of grammar and completely non-sensical posts, oh well you can both have it.

Winners: CountryRace WealstoneRaider

BV6zGPWIQAImd0L.jpg

Best thread:

From AFL, to movies, to music and just about anything you can think of this thread has it all. A bit of banter, a few potshots - all in good jest of course, it's the thread that has given us a view as to what everyone else likes in their life outside of the roundball game.

Winner: The Off Topic thread

Here's a picture of Bruce

1035x710-462897996.jpg

Votes: Best Thread: transfer x3, off topic x4, fifa arrest, gif, madrid, kits x2, matchday x2, owners

Most improved poster:

Again, a tied contest.

One of the winners splits opinion a lot of the time, isn't afraid to get stuck in and will call a spade a spade. After a brief hiatus (which I am sure many were relieved about), his return definitely brought a frown to a few faces I'm sure. Regularly baits the Liverpool supporters and won't back down in an argument, but his determination can't be faulted. Has plenty of knowledge, and being an old fart, can tell us a bit more about football in the 60s.

The second, I don't think was ever bad, but I guess his rise to prominence in the last six months or so allows him to be eligible for the award. Never afraid to ruffle a few feathers and can partake in a knowledgeable discussion when needed.

Winners: moomba & Bojan KantKick

Votes: jatz, SM x2, moomba x3, Bojan x3 nufc, typeclub, chef, NFSB, Loonerty, typeclub

Man-City-v-Man-Utd-007.jpg
Lol they're the most improved? Jesus how bad must they have been before?

As it goes I've known Moomba years. He's alright, just completely one-eyed, always has been always will be - but then no ones perfect. He hates me so he's a good judge of character to pay him his dues

I voted for moomba as most improved. Has come on in leaps and bounds since having a meltdown in the Liverpool thread last year with the mods reprimanding him and taking a break to cool off. Now has the last word on some topics instead of every single topic.

Wish I had him on my school debate team. Would have definitely gone undefeated.

In Merseyside from 18 Dec to 15 Jan moomba . More than happy to have a beer if you want :)

I voted for moomba as most improved. Has come on in leaps and bounds since having a meltdown in the Liverpool thread last year with the mods reprimanding him and taking a break to cool off. Now has the last word on some topics instead of every single topic.

In Merseyside from 18 Dec to 15 Jan moomba . More than happy to have a beer if you want :)

Lol does anyone have a link? Page number?

What meltdown?

Lol they're the most improved? Jesus how bad must they have been before?

As it goes I've known Moomba years. He's alright, just completely one-eyed, always has been always will be - but then no ones perfect. He hates me so he's a good judge of character to pay him his dues
I don't hate you. I just find you a bit dull, predictable and tiresome. The kind that reads something in the redtops and doesnt have the capacity to think for himself before shouting from the rooftops.

Other than that you're ok.

Except when you're being a knob.

Which is pretty much all the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best newcomer:

Talk about a romp. Absolutely smashed it, polled the most votes in any category. Detailed, thorough, comprehensive, likable, intelligent and often articulate. Can't really fault him although he is a little (ok, very) verbose most of the time.

Winner: Fryer Tuck. Also, kudos to Buckleys Jocks who also polled a few votes. Always enjoy reading your posts, and you're not bad for a Manc campaigner ;)

Jamie-Vardy-Leicester-Cit-007.jpg

I don't know if you like Vardy or not but stiff s**t.

Votes: andonis, Fryer Truck x18, Buckley's jocks x4

Posters you'd like to have a drink with:

There were three outright winners, and then a bunch of people who polled multiple votes. I was one of them, thanks chaps :D

88G_Weihnachtsfeier_zapfen3_bvbnachrichtenbild_regular.jpg

Winners: chef ADL9798 me

blueben typeclub jod, SM x4, Chef x8, Glenferry x3, cruyff x6, bojan, cooksen, Jatz x3, Fryer Truck x2, WC, ADLx5, nufc x3, pants x4, loonerty x2, jod x3, blue ben, faith, latro, Windy, Cooksen, milang

And the big gong

Best Poster:

It was a very toughly contested race with two stand outs and with both posters amassing the same amount of votes. One, who is very insightful, though a little verbose at points is always articulate and passionate in conveying a point and expressing their thoughts. You're never left thinking, 'is that it?' after reading one of his posts.

While the other is more brief and to the point. Aside from this straightforward approach, he is often jovial and very level headed and is impossible to bait.

I think I speak for everyone when I say they're incredibly respected on the board.

Winners: chef ADL9798

ronmess_3110852b.jpg

Votes: Best Poster: jod, chef x5, kizza x3, fryer truck x2, ADL x5, nufc x3, blueben, Fryer

Best newcomer:

Talk about a romp. Absolutely smashed it, polled the most votes in any category. Detailed, thorough, comprehensive, likable, intelligent and often articulate. Can't really fault him although he is a little (ok, very) verbose most of the time.

Winner: Fryer Tuck. Also, kudos to Buckleys Jocks who also polled a few votes. Always enjoy reading your posts, and you're not bad for a Manc campaigner ;)

Jamie-Vardy-Leicester-Cit-007.jpg

I don't know if you like Vardy or not but stiff s**t.

Votes: andonis, Fryer Truck x18, Buckley's jocks x4

Like Vardy? I don't like Vardy, oh no... I love Vardy! Lol. A great choice in more than one way!

Alright, keeping it brief (need to work on that), thank you to everyone that voted. I'm glad I've provided some added value to the place, enough to be considered the Harry Kane for last season. I'm just glad to talk football, whatever it may be, with you all.

A very big Kudos to Buckley's Jocks as well, he's got some great stuff going. Very likable guy, and I'm saying that because we both support the same team!

Finally, congrats Chef and ADL9798! Always enjoyed both of your posts. Very different approaches, but always fantastic. Very well deserved winner!

And a big thank you to Cruyff for holding these awards, a smashing performance from the board favourite!

Let's hope we can all have a good 15-16 season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back