Big Footy Phantom Draft - starts 9am Wed 5th

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookie Pick # 20. Melbourne .

Adam Creeper . KPD . 194 cm 87 kg . Subiaco.

Creeper is a very versatile player who has previously played as a forward but has this season been converted to a defender.

Despite his height he is very quick and agile and his endurance is excellent for a player his size. Due to his sped and agility Creeper can play not just as a key defender but also a flanker as well . I would think at AFL he will start as a third tall.

Features of his game are his intercepted marking , his run and carry. He is very good at thinking his way out of defence and if you need a footy smart player to ensure the ball gets out of the back line and beats the forward press then Creeper has appeal .

He does share some similarities with Lever who I took at three but even thought he is a similar player to Jake I could not ignore him any longer as he is there as best available and by some way.

Style : there is a bit of Harry Taylor about the way Creeper goes about his craft.

Not a lot of love for Creeper on the BF boards however at least four Clubs have shown strong interest in him and I expect him to be drafted at some point in the process.

Snoop Dog back to you.

Really thrilled to get this kid but am worried I am odd one out as rank him pretty high. I think I had him around 60 in my Phantom.

# 21 GWS - James Rose
Club: Sturt
Height: 186cm
Weight: 78kg
Position: HF
Bio: Really impressed me at times during the champs. He is a very smooth, classy type who has clean hands and he just reads the game so well. Reminds me a bit of Ben Lennon from last year. I think he could probably improve some of his endurance running but if he can then you get a natural forward who reads the ball coming in before others and possesses a great leap and strong hands so he is hard to beat. He is a ripping kick and whilst he might take some time I think he may well be a bargain at the back end if he puts the work in.

Quigley you have til 7pm but then we need to allocate you Hugh Beasley

@Dannnnnnnnn you are up next - will give til the morning but if not around you will get Marc Pittonet

Surprized a guy of his size hasnt been discussed earlier, surely someone takes a punt in the ND?
It appears that a lot of teams are thinking of the Rookie Draft for their ruckmen this year. A few teams have been bitten lately and are not wiling to 'waste' a higher pick. Not necessarily the right choice, but I can understand why clubs are making it. Sometimes you have to show some guts to get the big reward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong already have Hawkins, Macintosh, Vardy, Clark, Stanley, Simpson and even Blicavs who can all play as KPFs or ruck men. Would drafting Wright be the best option? There midfield is the weakest it has been in a long time and with the loss of Christiansen drafting a mid would seem more logical

Geelong already have Hawkins, Macintosh, Vardy, Clark, Stanley, Simpson and even Blicavs who can all play as KPFs or ruck men. Would drafting Wright be the best option? There midfield is the weakest it has been in a long time and with the loss of Christiansen drafting a mid would seem more logical

If you think he is one of the top 2-3 players in the draft then i suspect that means you take him. I reckon you could build a case for taking the best available player, a key defender or a mid as you say.

It appears that a lot of teams are thinking of the Rookie Draft for their ruckmen this year. A few teams have been bitten lately and are not wiling to 'waste' a higher pick. Not necessarily the right choice, but I can understand why clubs are making it. Sometimes you have to show some guts to get the big reward.

My impression is that this is just indicative of the lack of ruckmen who have put in draftable performances this year.

Collingwood pick 26 - Will Fordham (VIC - Mid)

Really wanted to get a tall outside type and Fordham is a great fit for the Pies as a rookie. The guy has real class. Can use the footy, can provide some run, has some real evasiveness and critically is a big improver. His numbers over the second half of the season were strong and a significant improvement on what he did earlier on in the season. Given that rate of improvement and his mix of traits at his height, I like his chances to develop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back