Big Footy Phantom Draft - starts 9am Wed 5th

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong - Jack Cripps.

Sorry Geelong, just picking some names I like now.

The inside word
Versatile tall forward who can kick long goals from set shots. Consistently marks on the lead, taking the ball at its highest point. Performed well for Western Australia at NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 10 possessions, three marks and one goal in four appearances. Recorded 25/30 in the clean hands test and 24/30 in the goalkicking test at NAB AFL Draft Combine.

Geelong - Jack Cripps.

Sorry Geelong, just picking some names I like now.

The inside word
Versatile tall forward who can kick long goals from set shots. Consistently marks on the lead, taking the ball at its highest point. Performed well for Western Australia at NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 10 possessions, three marks and one goal in four appearances. Recorded 25/30 in the clean hands test and 24/30 in the goalkicking test at NAB AFL Draft Combine.

They are going to come for you now pal.

Bulldogsnm1 you are up.

Francis Watson is the next available so if havent selected by 7pm Francis Watson is off to North. Seems nobody wants him. Ever since he became the default we have started to gather real speed with this rookie draft.

# 31 North Melbourne

Cameron Delaney

re rookie, my understanding is North have already signaled their intention to do this, so I will take him now rather than risk him being rookied by another club.

to be honest very disappointed i didn't get Schroder, I think he would have been excellent at North.

# 31 North Melbourne

Cameron Delaney

re rookie, my understanding is North have already signaled their intention to do this, so I will take him now rather than risk him being rookied by another club.

to be honest very disappointed i didn't get Schroder, I think he would have been excellent at North.

yeah I agree I think foj1 got a beauty there. He was in the mix for my previous selection but Foj1 had sent it through so I didnt take him but he really should get another go.

Skippos.............fancy Francis Watson? Ripped through a few today so will give you evening but will speed this thing up tomorrow - friday as good to finish by Friday if possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong already have Hawkins, Macintosh, Vardy, Clark, Stanley, Simpson and even Blicavs who can all play as KPFs or ruck men. Would drafting Wright be the best option? There midfield is the weakest it has been in a long time and with the loss of Christiansen drafting a mid would seem more logical
I don't agree with the notion that Geelong will take him if available.. more likely to take the best mid available

Michael Manteit: 188cm, 81kg, SD

Very speculative as every pick is this late but he does project as a very Hawthorn type of player. He's able to win his own ball, dispose cleanly under pressure and his overhead ability is very sound. At his height he offers a bit of versatility defensively and makes some real effort, leaving everything on the field. Just a really nice player.

EDIT:

H Kol (Falcs)
Very fast, can run and run and run, and can provides a lot of dash. Didn't really notice him until late in the year, but what I liked what I saw. Not the best user of the footy and consistency not his strong point, but he has what the Saints need in speed. This late in the rookie the pool is really depleted, others I considered were Answerth and Rivett.

Last edited:
Melbourne Rookie Pick 38.

Matthew Palfrey. 187 cm 89 kg . Flanker. Claremont.

Palfrey is an intriguing prospect as he has all the tools.... speed and good foot skills to transition to the next level. He is an instinctive forward who has been asked both for Claremont and state 18's to play as a third tall in defence. He speed is impressive as is his natural left foot. Whilst he may be 187 cm he is a good overhead mark and plays a lot taller than his height. I thought his decision making at state 18 was very good in particular when he made the decision to run off his immediate opponent and counter attack. Also his attacking flair at Claremont got better as the season progressed.

He is a country kid who has played senior footy in Albany with aplomb.

He has a similar skill set to Brendon Abbott ... he just gets less recognition.

I rate the kid while raw he does have a certain something that is well worth a rookie selection.

Snoop Dog your up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back