Rumour Big name from Port on the way out

Remove this Banner Ad

HBFlanker

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was told a few weeks ago by a source close to interstate AFL teams that in order to get Charlie Dixon in, a big name is on the way out at Port. I didn't get any names form my source though. My source is based in QLD and was the one who informed me about the Beams move 10 months before it occurred, so he is on point with mail.

Damien Barrett has also eluded to it in his sliding doors article today, so take from that what you will. Apparently their salary cap is very tight.

Personally i think it will be either Robbie Gray or Hamish Hartlett who are squeezed out.

Wingard, Boak and Wines are untouchable.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

interesting, would have thought that Gray and Hartlett are untouchable as well.

If I had to hazard a guess, it would be Lobbe, vice captain of the club, number 1 ruckman until a few rounds ago.

Wouldn't take too much out of the salary cap issue either, I think many clubs would be in a similar position tbh

I was told a few weeks ago by a source close to interstate AFL teams that in order to get Charlie Dixon in, a big name is on the way out at Port. I didn't get any names form my source though. My source is based in QLD and was the one who informed me about the Beams move 10 months before it occurred, so he is on point with mail.

Damien Barrett has also eluded to it in his sliding doors article today, so take from that what you will. Apparently their salary cap is very tight.

Personally i think it will be either Robbie Gray or Hamish Hartlett who are squeezed out.

Wingard, Boak and Wines are untouchable.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think you might be onto something.

I'd say that Gray is on their untouchable list as well.

interesting, would have thought that Gray and Hartlett are untouchable as well.

If I had to hazard a guess, it would be Lobbe, vice captain of the club, number 1 ruckman until a few rounds ago.

Wouldn't take too much out of the salary cap issue either, I think many clubs would be in a similar position tbh

Lobbe not really a big name. Have to give quality to get quality.

Im just guessing that its one of those two but i cant see how Dixon fits in the cap

Let's clear up something, Hinkley would never in a million years trade any of the following: Gray, Hartlett, Boak, Wingard, Wines, Trengove, Lobbe, Ebert, Broadbent, Pittard, Westhoff, Hombsch and Jonas. He just won't trade those players. Everything you from rumours and the media are complete bullshit. We have enough money in the cap for Dixon, simple as that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol Robbie Gray for Dixon would be colossal overs. Insane call.

Happy to lose a 10-22 player for Dixon if that's what it takes to get it done.

Won't be Robbie Gray. Our list of untouchables you'd have in no order- Boak, Robbie Gray, Wingard, Wines, Hartlett, Ebert, Hombsch, Carlile, Trengove, Ryder, Polec off the top of my head. Having Ryder on the lit and Redden getting a solid year into his body the most at risk for me would be Lobbe. Only one I could think of. Can't see Jonas, O'Shea, Pittard going anywhere. Schultz possibly also to fit Dixon in.

I doubt Carlile would be an untouchable these days, although it would still require a very good deal.

Port don't understand that in order to bring in quality, then you need to give up quality. And from my understanding, midfielders at Port are in surplus. So Hartlett is the logical choice in order to bring in a KPF.
They'll get our first pick and that's it, Hartlett ain't going anywhere

only ones i could possibly think of are....

and of those most are very very highly unlikely

Schultz
Lobbe
Oshea
monfries
Carlile

If i had to choose it would probe be either jay, bobby or monfries. Only based on age.

but bobby is a good port man now and monfries returned to SA so wwhy leave?

Jay...well could be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back