Rumour Big name from Port on the way out

Remove this Banner Ad

Impressive salary cap management if true. Port could be a very good team next year - they'll be pretty hungry after 2015

Need to have 3 things and I reckon they can be back in the prelims

1) Sort out the deal with Ryder/Lobbe - especially with Schulz, Dixon and Westhoff in the side. Get this functioning and it's a huge weapon

2) Carlile and Trengrove 40+ games combined

3) Polec fit

As Jimmy said, ya'll mutha uckers have no idea if you think that Hartlett is a) going anywhere or b) worth only a second rounder and, by the way, 15-25 is not 20-30.
Is that language really necessary. Plenty of polite words that you could use. Hartlett worth 10-12 in my view, and won't go to the Crows.

You tell me; I'm not trolling you guys, genuine question.

He's had injury problems, and hasn't come on as well as expected (I posted on here a couple of years ago that I thought he could be a top 20 player in the comp); if he's moving, it's because you guys are moving him on, so where does that get him?

10-15 would be too much.

15-25 about right; probably high teens realistically?

He's missed 1 game with injury in the last 3 seasons. If his body is as bad as Crows fans like to tell us it is, then the fitness staff have done a mighty job in keeping him on the park.

He's missed 1 game with injury in the last 3 seasons. If his body is as bad as Crows fans like to tell us it is, then the fitness staff have done a mighty job in keeping him on the park.

Fair enough Macca; I thought he had a degenerative condition, but I'm not actually sure why.

I rate him, and would love him, but the only way I can see him moving is if you guys shift him due to salary cap - which it sounds like isn't the case.

I'd be stunned if we trade him. Theres others we could theoretically trade which would be on similar coin that would make more sense.

Out of curiosity, how do Port Adelaide intend to fit Ryder, Lobbe, Dixon, Schulz and Westhoff into the same team? Ryder into the ruck and Lobbe out of the team would make it a perfect forward line balance and you'd get the best out of Ryder, but otherwise it is a very tall, lumbering fwd line and not getting the best out of Ryder/Lobbe as seen this year. Surely Lobbe would net Port a late first/early second and free up some space?

Let's clear up something, Hinkley would never in a million years trade any of the following: Gray, Hartlett, Boak, Wingard, Wines, Trengove, Lobbe, Ebert, Broadbent, Pittard, Westhoff, Hombsch and Jonas. He just won't trade those players. Everything you from rumours and the media are complete bullshit. We have enough money in the cap for Dixon, simple as that.

Now i know why port were crap this year. Lobbe, Ebert, Trengove, Broadbent, Pittard, Westhoff, Hombsch, Jonas as untouchables ???????

How many of these guys get a game at Hawthorn?

Gold Coast want more then the first pick being offered for Dixon. I would imagine they would be after a quality midfielder also, probably Hartlett. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Need to have 3 things and I reckon they can be back in the prelims

1) Sort out the deal with Ryder/Lobbe - especially with Schulz, Dixon and Westhoff in the side. Get this functioning and it's a huge weapon

2) Carlile and Trengrove 40+ games combined

3) Polec fit

Reasonable observation. I reckon #3 on your list is critical. The removal of sub vest will help #1.

Out of curiosity, how do Port Adelaide intend to fit Ryder, Lobbe, Dixon, Schulz and Westhoff into the same team

A clue is to look at how we lined up v Freo.

We had Ryder, Lobbe, Butcher, Schulz, and Westhoff. So straight swap of Butcher for Dixon with the added bonus of no more sub best making it easier to play two true rucks.
Ryder can go forward when resting from ruck and Westhoff who has actually been playing a bit as a midfielder anyway can do what he likes.

Now i know why port were crap this year. Lobbe, Ebert, Trengove, Broadbent, Pittard, Westhoff, Hombsch, Jonas as untouchables ???????

Given they play for a side that has got over hawthorn 3 of their last 4 games the answer is probably 'more than you think'.

Gold Coast want more then the first pick being offered for Dixon. I would imagine they would be after a quality midfielder also, probably Hartlett. Will be interesting to see what happens.

If I can't use the same player twice, off the top of my head they get games over: mcevoy, Hartung/Langford, Frawley, 50-50, Suckling, Hale, Lake, 50-50 (had OP all year). I'm trying not to overrate those players but seriously you listed 4 of 6 leadership group players, 3 players that will finish top 6 to 8 in our b+f this year and Broadbent. People just have no comprehension of our list outside port.

PS. sorry hawks fans.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's clear up something, Hinkley would never in a million years trade any of the following: Gray, Hartlett, Boak, Wingard, Wines, Trengove, Lobbe, Ebert, Broadbent, Pittard, Westhoff, Hombsch and Jonas. He just won't trade those players. Everything you from rumours and the media are complete bullshit. We have enough money in the cap for Dixon, simple as that.
I didn't know fans had access to the books?

Reported this morning:
- Port has $1.2M in salary to play with in capspace for 2016 and Dixon is not going to take all of it.

- Schulz and Butcher have taken major paycuts

-Dixon's salary is 3.1M/5 yrs (500k for next 2 years, 700k for the 3 after once the new TV deal kicks in) rather than the 3.5M/5yrs stated by 'Scoop'.

It'd also be quite silly to suggest Hartlett or an 'established player' needs to be traded especially when we offered Schulz a new deal. Nothing against Schulz but no competent list manager would do that.
Schulz just signed on for 400k next year doesn't sound like much of a paycut.

Who reported this and why are they more reliable than the Hartlett on the table reporters?

Is Hartlett a player 10-22?

Probably in or just outside the top 10. But he's not on the trade table anyway. His cultural importance exceeds his (considerable) football importance.

Let's see on our list who would be on +600k: Boak, Gray and Ryder... Ebert and Westhoff (Maybe would be close?)... That's all, the rest would be on $100-400k. Compare that to hawthorn. Plenty of room in the cap.

It's been reported numerous times that you do not, too.
There's a difference between reporting and media speculation, that difference having been lost as part of the popular media.
It was speculated that Port were having salary cap issues, and speculated that Hartlett would be on the trade table.
Rucci investigated, and reported that neither were the case with facts to back that assertion up. This would have been aided by Port giving him a lot of this information in order to wipe out those stupid speculation-based rumours.

There's a difference between reporting and media speculation, that difference having been lost as part of the popular media.
It was speculated that Port were having salary cap issues, and speculated that Hartlett would be on the trade table.
Rucci investigated, and reported that neither were the case with facts to back that assertion up. This would have been aided by Port giving him a lot of this information in order to wipe out those stupid speculation-based rumours.
You sounded so convincing up until here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back