Rumour Big name from Port on the way out

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Really?! What are his traits that allow him to be so important? (not an imposition, I'm just curious) Even with that said how is he considered to be untouchable?
Yeah, I disagree that he's completely untouchable, but he would be close to it. Kenny's on record saying how important he is to the team.
His run and carry is fantastic, in that he takes players on down the corridor regularly. The thing is it does fail once a match pretty spectacularly costing us a goal. Oppo fans/neutrals see this and just assume he's s**t but don't consider the other 6-7 times he saves a goal and rebounds it down to our forward 50. His one on one defensive work has improved out of sight over the last 2 years also.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Me? Not at all. Just lol'ing at the typical Port Adelaide attitude. Wanting all these players but not willing to give anyone up. It's always take take take with Port isn't it?
If we can keep our core players together that's what it's all about & it's smart management, you don't bend over and move on quality players.

Shouldn't you be focused on extracting as much out of Geelong for Paddy as possible than worrying about Port?

Me? Not at all. Just lol'ing at the typical Port Adelaide attitude. Wanting all these players but not willing to give anyone up. It's always take take take with Port isn't it?
Sorry we are not a giving (away) club like the mighty Adelaide Crows.

Jan 31, 2010
Busan
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we can keep our core players together that's what it's all about & it's smart management, you don't bend over and move on quality players.

Shouldn't you be focused on extracting as much out of Geelong for Paddy as possible than worrying about Port?

Oh the irony. Back to the Crows board to like all of our posts again Jimbob :thumbsu:

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Your saying that Pittard is untouchable is the most ridiculous overrating of any player in any sport I have ever heard. Absolutely no way does he deserve to be getting a single game - let alone being a regular 1st team player. I would cry at the thought of him being on the Dogs list.

I was with you when you said he is not untouchable, you lost me however with the rest of that rubbish. Pittard is severely underrated by most but he was one of the rare port players who consistently tried to kick start there side when nothing was going right for them. He is a smart and brave player and your coach, including mine would trade for him in a heartbeat.

That's the typical response of someone who reads BF but doesn't watch many games. Considered by most in the know to be one of our most important playmakers.

Agree, he sets up so many attacks for you blokes its frighting how bad he is undervalued.

Cool. Trade us Chaplin back.

Sold, I'll drive Chaplin over tonight!

Why does everyone keep quoting a 700k figure in regards to Ryder?

That's what Brisbane reportedly offered him and Ryder's manager has confirmed that Port's offer is less.
He's a player manager, of course he is honest!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I've got no doubt we'd be inquiring about Hartlett but I've also got no doubt that it won't lead anywhere.
One day we WILL be a destination. Until then, we just pray for a supremely talented but dyslexic gun footballer to sign a contract in the mistaken impression that MFC is, in fact, Hawthorn

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
One day we WILL be a destination. Until then, we just pray for a supremely talented but dyslexic gun footballer to sign a contract in the mistaken impression that MFC is, in fact, Hawthorn
Chin up, champ. Byrnes and Dawes were both premiership players.

Unlike the Mighty Feederlaide FC

Feb 6, 2013
ACT
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh look at that the Victorian media are repeating basically what I said last night about pur cap room you pleb. Must be believable for you if the Vic media report it yeah?

Apologies brother, but that wasn't directed at you. I hadn't actually read your post. Should have quoted

Back