Toast Big Sam Rowe

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to say I was wrong and apologize for being very wrong. Thought he was a real plodder, when really he just needed some confidence and has turned into our best KPD. Notice with him doing more of the monster jobs, Jamison has been on the park more. His shoulders must be thankful.

Rowe has taught me to exercise real patience with guys who have just come into the team. Glad I've learned it. Hope he goes on to play for many years.
kudos to you for being honest and not refusing to be wrong.

His string of games has allowed him to decide which ball to mark and which to spoil.
Good point that. He's marking a lot lately and I remember he used to be criticised a little bit for punching everything.

A fantastic season by Rowe. Arguably the most improved player in the competition. May well finish Top 5 in the John Nicholls Medal. It is amazing to think that it was only midway through last season that he started a game in defence for the first time, up at Windy Hill in the VFL. That day he played on Joe Daniher, who kicked 2 goals in the first 5 minutes of the game, another early in the 2nd quarter & didn't kick another one for the rest of the game, despite the VFL Bombers dominating the game.

You can't help but admire what Rowe has achieved in such a short time at our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back