Bigfooty Basketball, Ball don't lie Big boy pants Podcast thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the idea, I'd probably need a bit of a walkthrough as to how we'd do this. Completely ignorant in that regard.

Depending on when we get this going, there are a few topics.

- NBA Finals
- Free Agency Class
- Sacramento/Seattle
- Upcoming moves for teams
- The Lakers suck
- New/Potential coaches

Could be fun.

Time poor at the moment, but would be keen to listen.

Might suggest an occasional 'What if' segment..

For example, what if Milwaukee had kept Dirk Nowitzki, whom they technically drafted, in '98? Three years later they were one win away from the Finals with a team including Sam Cassell, Ray Allen and Glenn Robinson, coached by George Karl. They drafted Nowitzki for the Mavs, and traded him for the late 'Tractor' Traylor, who gave them nothing.

Or, what if Detroit had not wasted the #2 pick in the '03 Draft on Darko? How many championships could they have won?

Seattle fans must ponder- what if they'd never signed Jim McIlvaine? Would that team have won a championship if Kemp had not left as a result? More pertinently, would the Sonics still exist today? (Stole this one from Sonicsgate)

Every team must have at least one of those stories.

Speaking to my mate who is much more tech savvy then I. Probably a while off this idea, If everyones keen would like a podcast going pre nba finals (2 weeks) Discuss the previous series, more leading into the finals series, Stern rigging the draft. Plenty of lulz etc
After that there is a full off season to discuss. Free agency, Draft picks, team by team stuff.
I think if enough people are keen this could be a go.

Love it. Once this is out of the infancy stages (if it ever get there) Great Idea. Great off season filler.

You know how ours is going to go, right? What if we'd just held on to that Kobe guy for 24 hours, just to see if the kid could play a bit? ;)

At least I think it's ours.. maybe it belongs to the Bobcats Hornets now? This is so confusing!

Youve pretty much covered everything i would and more. Setting up the playoffs would be an ideal way to start. Maybe a season review and grade for each team and what they need to do to reach that next level.

how does one actually record the podcast/ourselves? aside from modding, i am not across this sort of stuff.

krayfish set out a great agenda. there is so much we can cover. i love the idea of going back in time doing a what if segment.

I agree, what if LA never moved from Minneapolis.... :p

What if MJ never retired.... what if peternorth got into the Ladycats dressing rooms.... so much to cover :D

how does one actually record the podcast/ourselves? aside from modding, i am not across this sort of stuff.

krayfish set out a great agenda. there is so much we can cover. i love the idea of going back in time doing a what if segment.
This. I have no idea how a podcast works and what you need equipment/program wise to make it work.

I'd definitely be interested in listening to it though and depending on times and what i have going on I might have a crack at participating. As long as the topic isn't 100% serious. That isn't my forte.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. I have no idea how a podcast works and what you need equipment/program wise to make it work.

recording-studio-big-microphone.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back