Podcast BigFooty Blues 2014 Podcast Ep31 - Bad Mood and ****** Up On Jellybeans

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda depressing to think most of our top 5 season highlights, voted by you the audience, were honourable losses. :(

I'd nominate the close finishing Adelaide game with Doc and Menzel kicking a winning score against Eddie and the battle of Warnock vs Jacobs as a satisfying match.

Levi's coming of age against Hawthorn was an individual highlight, despite us giving it away in the last quarter.

ODN, you mentioned a few casts ago that some listeneres thought the detailed intros were a waste of time.

I'm pretty sure you put them in there for your own amusement, but I just wanted to know that at least one other person enjoys them!

I think it adds some great colour, and I especially love the embarrassed reactions they usually elicit....

ODN, you mentioned a few casts ago that some listeneres thought the detailed intros were a waste of time.

I'm pretty sure you put them in there for your own amusement, but I just wanted to know that at least one other person enjoys them!

I think it adds some great colour, and I especially love the embarrassed reactions they usually elicit....

ferrisb it's so good to get some feedback :)
I don't know how he does it, but every week he manages to make me blush bright red! The Old Dark Navy's just has a knack for it I guess

We do enjoy them although I am usually scrambling to come up with them in the minutes before we start. Yeah, there was some thought of us being a little too 'inside joke' like, but we are all on the boards and most of the inside jokes carry on in the threads so everybody is privy to them if they look. The one time I removed it altogether, it fell extremely flat so I reinstated them again.

I really appreciate the feedback. We enjoy the dynamic and it sets us off on the right foot.

Last edited:
Oh and btw, I do like that some of our panellists can absorb the intro and come up with an adlibbed response with zero warning, as well as the natural reactions by MEB, or the laughter by HBF even though he didn't catch what I said! :D

... or the laughter by HBF even though he didn't catch what I said! :D
ded2be03d5ca31bd03605492ade14672.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh and btw, I do like that some of our panellists can absorb the intro and come up with an adlibbed response with zero warning, as well as the natural reactions by MEB, or the laughter by HBF even though he didn't catch what I said! :D
In my defence, skype cut out mid way through that intro and I only caught the start of the intro......

In my defence, skype cut out mid way through that intro and I only caught the start of the intro......

Played on like a pro.

I may have missed the odd episode here and there but I really enjoyed the podcasts this season, folks.
Thumbs up for the mid-season restructuring.

Hopefully the podcast returns in some form or another next season. If so, would it be possible to rejig the audio? Listening with headphones can be a bit hit and miss at times - podcasters voices are restricted to a single channel only and voices / music intros are often at differing volumes (The Old Dark Navy's typically being loudest). Hopefully that doesn't require professional sound engineering software!

Other than that, great work all round! :thumbsu:

I may have missed the odd episode here and there but I really enjoyed the podcasts this season, folks.
Thumbs up for the mid-season restructuring.

Hopefully the podcast returns in some form or another next season. If so, would it be possible to rejig the audio? Listening with headphones can be a bit hit and miss at times - podcasters voices are restricted to a single channel only and voices / music intros are often at differing volumes (The Old Dark Navy's typically being loudest). Hopefully that doesn't require professional sound engineering software!

Other than that, great work all round! :thumbsu:

The podcasts that I have edited, there was one where it only produced on one channel. I was using a new version of PowerDirector as I edit home videos as well and for some reason my audio is screwing up. When I used a different Skype recorder, I was getting me out of one speaker and others out of the other speaker. I tend to use recorders I don't have to think about.

When you see happydude or ShanDog put up the thread, they have used their own recordings. Check the volume mix on those and see if we are the same levels. I might have to take a crash course in recording software.

Can I ask if you mind having the same segment intros? Makes it easier for us not having to look for music, and we don't have to worry about copyright strikes. Although we do still take liberties with our closing piece.

The podcasts that I have edited, there was one where it only produced on one channel. I was using a new version of PowerDirector as I edit home videos as well and for some reason my audio is screwing up. When I used a different Skype recorder, I was getting me out of one speaker and others out of the other speaker. I tend to use recorders I don't have to think about.

When you see happydude or ShanDog put up the thread, they have used their own recordings. Check the volume mix on those and see if we are the same levels. I might have to take a crash course in recording software.

Can I ask if you mind having the same segment intros? Makes it easier for us not having to look for music, and we don't have to worry about copyright strikes. Although we do still take liberties with our closing piece.
Perhaps ShanDog or happydude can let us know what software they use for recording?
Keep the intros if its easier that way. Its a fan run podcast after all so the content should be all that matters to your appreciative listeners!

Last edited:
Perhaps ShanDog or happydude can let us know what software they use for recording?
Keep the intros if its easier that way. Its a fan run podcast after all so its only the content that should matter to your appreciative listeners!
Cheers for the feedback Mezz.

Recording audio, mixing, editing and producing the final product is something we all do differently depending on what we know so there can be variations! We always try to get better though :) I am a muso and wannabe studio mixer so use all sorts of other crap that is probably unnecessary but is fun for me to learn about too, as well as different mixing or editing programs to what ODN and Happydude might use, which I think are both different again.

For no other reason than showing off, here's me playing a song :) Like I said, sound quality is OK but still learning!

Cheers for the feedback Mezz.

Recording audio, mixing, editing and producing the final product is something we all do differently depending on what we know so there can be variations! We always try to get better though :) I am a muso and wannabe studio mixer so use all sorts of other crap that is probably unnecessary but is fun for me to learn about too, as well as different mixing or editing programs to what ODN and Happydude might use, which I think are both different again.

For no other reason than showing off, here's me playing a song :) Like I said, sound quality is OK but still learning!

Love it, Shan!
Is there a simple/accessible sound engineering program that lets you standardise audio volume from multiple sources? Or is that something that is easier said than done?

Any chance you could cover the original version of this track on that kit of yours? ;)

With every track of audio you work with, you can adjust the overall volume or using program like pro tools or audacity you can automate certain areas for volume. The problem comes when more than one persons voice is in a single track which is what we are forced to do with the Skype recording software. If there is a program out there that samples each person into a track or channel of their own, I don't know it :( Some program split the recorder's voice into the left channel which helps because they are often recorded direct from their mic and therefore louder, but you then have to split the left and right tracks into mono, remix the overall volume and output as one single stereo track again. Adds time and complexity to it.

I will have a listen to that clip when I get home and check it out ;)

With every track of audio you work with, you can adjust the overall volume or using program like pro tools or audacity you can automate certain areas for volume. The problem comes when more than one persons voice is in a single track which is what we are forced to do with the Skype recording software. If there is a program out there that samples each person into a track or channel of their own, I don't know it :( Some program split the recorder's voice into the left channel which helps because they are often recorded direct from their mic and therefore louder, but you then have to split the left and right tracks into mono, remix the overall volume and output as one single stereo track again. Adds time and complexity to it.

I will have a listen to that clip when I get home and check it out ;)
So, easier said than done. Bugger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back