Teams BigFooty Community SuperCoach Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-7-trades.1096617/page-47#post-38513062

This idea came up in the thread above. Next year we'll look at creating a BigFooty Community SC team from the start of the season and see how well we can do as a team.

In the meantime, it was suggested that we start a side now, pick up fallen premos and see how far up the rankings we can get.

Apart from fallen Premos, we need to look at Rookies that are reasonably priced. Once the team is done, we'll have a thread running each week for suggested trades and then put up a poll each Thursday on which we should do.

As such, post below on who you think we should look at getting in our initial team.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-7-trades.1096617/page-47#post-38513062

This idea came up in the thread above. Next year we'll look at creating a BigFooty Community SC team from the start of the season and see how well we can do as a team.

In the meantime, it was suggested that we start a side now, pick up fallen premos and see how far up the rankings we can get.

Apart from fallen Premos, we need to look at Rookies that are reasonably priced. Once the team is done, we'll have a thread running each week for suggested trades and then put up a poll each Thursday on which we should do.

As such, post below on who you think we should look at getting in our initial team.
Great work Jisk, team looks solid. Like the Parker Rockliff idea as posted above, let it roll.

Steele as a rookie

Need options for Kennedy harris if possible.
Down to a rook and upgrade Charlie dixon
Steele a good call, but will he get a game?
KH is an issue, need someone that is playing. Given we're starting late, not too many cheap, playing options up forward.

I would have Parker and Rocky over Barlow and Treloar
We have 30 trades, figured we'd pick up Rocky cheaper next week

Being too lazy to add it up, how much cash is left over with that team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ripped this up really quickly (as in took me 10 minutes flat):

View attachment 133832

Thoughts?
Rance>BSmith (+$71k)
Treloar>Parker (+$7k)
Barlow>Rockliff (-$14k)
Wines>Goddard (-$1.4k)
Danger>SJ (+93k)
JKH>MClark (-24k)
Dixon>Buddy (-103k)

McDonald Shaw BSmith Mckenzie Lever Schade (Scharenberg Goddard)

Fyfe Pendles SJ Parker Rockliff Goddard Krak Jed (Boekhurst Stretch Dumont)

Goldstein Stef (Read)

Gray McGovern Buddy Tich MClark Webb (Lambert Daniel)

Last edited:
With 1 of 8 bench spots actually playing, were going to hit a wall with eventual cash generation & cover.

Better off going some of those rookies that are even slightly more expensive or have only played 1 game;

Pearce
Andrews
Boekhorst
Dumont
Karnezis

as examples

With 1 of 8 bench spots actually playing, were going to hit a wall with eventual cash generation & cover.

Better off going some of those rookies that are even slightly more expensive or have only played 1 game;

Pearce
Andrews
Boekhorst
Dumont
Karnezis

as examples
no dumont. almost certain sub if he plays.

Bench is a bit scary, but understandable given rookies are thin on the ground atm. You've got some cash generation on the field which will help with trades later on.

I think if this is just a tester team for a full season next year, you can worry a bit less about the make up of the starting squad and use it as a chance ot test the mechanics of how the team will be managed week-to-week.

I like Burgoyne in for Rance as stevebbb said.

The charity idea is fantastic.

Wont they realise your running 2 teams and deem it ineligible.

Pearce
Andrews
Boekhorst
Dumont
Karnezis

as examples
Good call.

Where do we make the money to bring those rookies in though krk004? Rance for Burgoyne sounds good to start, we now have 50k in the bank so Drummond goes to Boekhurst.

Goddard exists to enable the McGov swing, plus I heard Richo talking him up so may not be far away. Scharenberg isn't far away either from all reports, neither is Lambert. Lamb will struggle to get a gig probably, as will Steele which dumbfounds me; thought he'd be picked Round 1.

I think if this is just a tester team for a full season next year, you can worry a bit less about the make up of the starting squad and use it as a chance ot test the mechanics of how the team will be managed week-to-week.
Yep, that's the idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back