BigFooty functionality

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from all that stuff, can someone tell me if there is an easy way to bold, change font size, or use emoticons :cool:on this new fangled web page thingy.
I'm not sure what you mean by "this new fangled web page thingy"

My desktop is running Windows 7 and the browser I use is Google Chrome.
My laptop is running Windows 8 and I use the Internet Explorer browser
My i-Phone browser is Safari but I use Tapatalk to peruse and post on BigFooty

When you log into BigFooty you should see a screen which has a narrow header of icons
This is usually at the bottom of the thread you are perusing.
Underneath that is the space in which you write your post
(It literally has the words "Write your reply..." greyed out in this section)

If you pass your mouse arrow over any of the Icons in the header - it should highlight the function of the icon's use

There are shortcut keys for some of these functions (Ctrl B = bold, Ctrl I = italic, Ctrl U = underline) The easiest way to utilise these shortcut keys is to write what you want then highlight the word you want (using the left button on your mouse). In order to bold - you then press both the Ctrl button and B at the same time. It's easier to highlight the word you want then pass the mouse arrow over the B in the header I mentioned earlier and left click that.
If that works for you then try the other functions. Highlight the word or sentence and pass the mouse arrow over the Font Size icon, click it and you get a sliding scale from 1 up to 7.

These are the sizes they produce: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Yep, you be missing some options there mate. You've got both Chrome and IE there. Is it the same in both of them? Do they need updating?

Clear cache/cookies/ctrl-F5. Not sure what else there is.

Options become available when you clock 'more options'?

I'm sure I tried it with Chrome before :confused: but now its working with chrome. ;)
I must look like a total computer noob :oops:
I'll just have to use Chrome in future. :D:D:D:D

Now that I've achieved that , I can :drunk:

Weird thing is, ctl B in explorer brings up an "organise favorites" bar.

Sort of shits me that microsoft fix "security" flaws by disabling things. Oh a burglar might break in your window we'll fix it by boarding it up. But I want a bloody window. :mad::mad::mad:

Bad news for tapatalk users. Apparently it only accounts for about 4% of the daily traffic so isn't that high a priority, which is fair enough I suppose.
Disappointing. I guess the advertisers if the site will be happy with 4% less traffic, or are the ads even displayed via tapatalk? I can't recall.

Certainly reduces my use of the site significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad news for tapatalk users. Apparently it only accounts for about 4% of the daily traffic so isn't that high a priority, which is fair enough I suppose.

Ridiculous! Can they get rid of the stupid ads from website then until they fix tapatalk. They are bloody annoying on mobile. That 4% might not mean much but its quite alot of traffic they miss out on, especially during games and stuff as its impossible to update!

Ridiculous! Can they get rid of the stupid ads from website then until they fix tapatalk. They are bloody annoying on mobile. That 4% might not mean much but its quite alot of traffic they miss out on, especially during games and stuff as its impossible to update!

After Googles targeted adds drove me crazy one day ( ruining the functionality of the web page I was on ) i installed addblockplus. It knocked out just about every add on the internet EXCEPT big footy, so good luck. ( I dont mind the BF adds on a pc ).

After Googles targeted adds drove me crazy one day ( ruining the functionality of the web page I was on ) i installed addblockplus. It knocked out just about every add on the internet EXCEPT big footy, so good luck. ( I dont mind the BF adds on a pc ).

I have addblock on my computer and it blocks BF but i have never worked out how to do it on mobile. (is it even possible to do it on mobile?)

But yeah the google targetted adds can be very annoying, adblock is best thing you can ever install on computer

Thanks. But I assume that means that eventually they'll fix it and it will start working again?
Not sure mate, just saw that in the tapatalk thread on the suggestions board.

Particularly bad news for me since bigfooty doesn't work properly on my mobile browsers.

Tip for others - if you have it installed and still get the notifications, and want to retain that, just leave it as it is. I logged out and tried to 'reset' the account, thinking it might resolve the issues, and now it won't let me sign back in to bigfooty. So now I don't get alerts on my mobile.

Particularly bad news for me since bigfooty doesn't work properly on my mobile browsers.

Tip for others - if you have it installed and still get the notifications, and want to retain that, just leave it as it is. I logged out and tried to 'reset' the account, thinking it might resolve the issues, and now it won't let me sign back in to bigfooty. So now I don't get alerts on my mobile.

me too.

Wait is Tapatalk still not working for some? Mine is working fine on Iphone? The Bigfooty forum of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back