News BigFooty Games podcast?

Remove this Banner Ad

It'd be hard for it not to descend into a console debate

Depends who you put on.

I imagine E92_ would be pretty balanced despite the fact he is pretty pro microsoft, I'm sure there are some PS4 owners that would fit that bill as well.

Depends who you put on.

I imagine E92_ would be pretty balanced despite the fact he is pretty pro microsoft, I'm sure there are some PS4 owners that would fit that bill as well.
You'd want people who own different consoles, play on PC etc.

Hardcore, cross-platform gamers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a listen to this one guys. What do you think?

No offence to him but would like it to be regulars on this board. His post today was his first for several years on this board.

No offence to him but would like it to be regulars on this board. His post today was his first for several years on this board.
But do you like the podcast?

We could always do a couple of podcasts. 8bit has a particular format - old, current and new games. A second podcast focussing only a different aspect might work.

We could also put out regulars in the mix as guests on 8bit.

But do you like the podcast?

We could always do a couple of podcasts. 8bit has a particular format - old, current and new games. A second podcast focussing only a different aspect might work.

We could also put out regulars in the mix as guests on 8bit.

I didn't listen.

Format should be fairly simple though.

Sony
Xbox
Nintendo
Pc
New games
Gaming news

e05f15f66251d83f14e189befe3ca067.png

As Cory said earlier, we attempted to get a podcast going a fair while back behind the scenes. We had a format, a script (for the news segment) and a good system to work off.

I prefer the Giant Bombcast in terms of gaming podcasts. Granted, I don't listen to any outside them, but I feel they have the perfect system of waffling on to stories to feedback/emails.

The format was going to be along the lines of:
Intro - Welcoming listeners/introducing regulars/guests
Roundtable - Where everyone talks about what they've been playing in the past week/month. As well as talk about the biggest recent games. This section would take up the most time.
News - Generally trying to cover all systems with about 5 major stories of the past month or so, have a couple of people discuss this rather than an all in.
Game Announcements - Any new titles announced over the past few months, talk a little bit about them.
End.

But yeah, we couldn't get anyone to really commit and when they did, they backed out at the last minute. So it never went ahead.

We currently run with the format of:

General discussion of what the team have been playing.

Review chosen classic game - Usually provides interesting discussion due to varying levels of nostalgia from the team.

Review chosen current game.

Preview future game - Excitement levels, where it can go wrong, why we are interested etc.

This has been working well for us so far.

Have a listen to this one guys. What do you think?

It's okay, nothing fantastic, I appreciate the references to Amazing though.

I'm only speaking for myself but I'm going to be more inclined to listen if it is a podcast fronted by regulars from this board.

i'd give it a listen. i subscribe to a bunch of gaming podcasts but i'm pretty particular about the ones i listen to (bombcast, idle thumbs, player one, 8-4play, radio free nintendo, gamers with jobs) as i listen more for the entertainment/humor aspect than specifically for gaming news/insights.

i'd give it a listen. i subscribe to a bunch of gaming podcasts but i'm pretty particular about the ones i listen to (bombcast, idle thumbs, player one, 8-4play, radio free nintendo, gamers with jobs) as i listen more for the entertainment/humor aspect than specifically for gaming news/insights.
I have a pretty narrow range of PC games I play - I don't own an Xbox or PS - so really I only listen to The Indoor Kids as they have stories I can relate to growing up with games in the 70s/80s and onwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back