Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously very common in Germany. Mainly the club I'd say. Probably won't go anywhere anymore...

That's rubbish. Not like you were wearing a No Remorse shirt.

NP: Halford 'Live @ Saitama'. Really enjoy this album.

Probably play some Arghoslent next.

Another thread got me thinking...

Anyone know of any current/past players that have decent taste in music?
I'm not talking about 'matty richardson likes a bit of metallica', moreso looking for something a bit more extreme.

How cool would it be to hear that pav likes to get busy to immortal's 'all shall rise', hodgey digs a bit of nile, jobes favorite album is 'clandestine' by entombed and buddy likes to cut sick in the pit to a bit of hatebreed or terror?

Oh, and of course gaj loves mortification ;)

So, any thoughts?

Our Silvagni is supposed to be a metalhead. But no real idea, what that means. Could mean anything...

And Cam McCarthy would look out of place on stage with Helvetets Port or a similar young tradional Swedish heavy band...

Shane Tuck listed Pantera and Tool in his fav bands at one stage.

I think Travis Boak once spoke of pumping himself up with some heavy music pre-game.....and then ruined it when he cited "The Used" as an example. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just listened to the Iron Maiden compilation "Somewhere Back in Time" with repeats of my fav 3 Maiden songs - "Hallowed be Thy Name", "The Trooper" and "Wasted Years".

Just listened to the Iron Maiden compilation "Somewhere Back in Time" with repeats of my fav 3 Maiden songs - "Hallowed be Thy Name", "The Trooper" and "Wasted Years".

Good picks and hard to argue against. I'd have HBTN (how ******* good is that guitar harmony?) with spots two and three between:

Prowler
Twilight Zone
Purgatory
Where Eagles Dare
The Trooper
Aces High
Powerslave
Caught Somewhere in Time
Alexander the Great
The Evil that Men Do
The Clairvoyant

Reckon The Talisman off TFF is the closest they have got to an 80s classic song in years. Looking forward to the new album even though we know it won't stand up to the first seven. Incredible band. I'll even forgive this:

Good picks and hard to argue against. I'd have HBTN (how ******* good is that guitar harmony?) with spots two and three between:

Prowler
Twilight Zone
Purgatory
Where Eagles Dare
The Trooper
Aces High
Powerslave
Caught Somewhere in Time
Alexander the Great
The Evil that Men Do
The Clairvoyant

Reckon The Talisman off TFF is the closest they have got to an 80s classic song in years. Looking forward to the new album even though we know it won't stand up to the first seven. Incredible band. I'll even forgive this:

There is a lot of quality in their output, even songs that might get overlooked from time to time in "top Iron Maiden song" discussions that would sure make the top 10 lists if released by another band. For example, some of the songs from Somewhere in Time which is a personal fav of mine may not be Maiden ' classics' through sheer weight and quality of their other outputs... But damn great songs all the same.

'matty richardson likes a bit of metallica'

Hahahahaha

Young Allen Christensen said he's a metal head, not sure what bands.

For past players you'd have to break out the old footy records when they had the interviews with fav drink? fav bands? etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahahahaha

Young Allen Christensen said he's a metal head, not sure what bands.

For past players you'd have to break out the old footy records when they had the interviews with fav drink? fav bands? etc

Be right into real gay s**t. Metalcore or nu metal.

Probably prefer this to the German edition. Saw them live in Singapore a couple of years back, classic stuff.
Yeah, German verison is not that good. Prefer the Japanese/Siamese on as well. But that is the cover of the German version I think. But would have to check it in my collection (same to be 100% sure which version is played in the video).

Yeah, German verison is not that good. Prefer the Japanese/Siamese on as well. But that is the cover of the German version I think. But would have to check it in my collection (same to be 100% sure which version is played in the video).

Nah, that's the Japanese version though the video has the German edition cover. It's Gezol singing and much slower than the German edition.

This is the German version.

Anyone listened to Farmikos? I ended up buying their album after listening to Eddie Trunk keep mentioning them. Joe Holmes a former Ozzy guitarist is behind it, Rob Trujillo recorded bass for the album and the singer sounds like Chris Cornell. Got it a while back, couple of good songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back