Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Dee, i wanted a smaller 4 door. The IS-F is a nice compact design. I don't have kids to i didn't want another massive tank like the GTS. That thing is huge.

Yeah understand the smaller 4 door thing - have been looking at some options too. If we did not have the little man now would def have gone for the Porcsche Caymann. Do like the XF Jags...but they are much larger. At the end of the day, I don't really want to spend so much on a car. And the wife really wants a HSV.

I do see Lexus are releasing a 335kw tweaked version of the IS F with an 8 speed auto and locking rear diff this year...:eek:

FYI - My dad bought an E63 AMG S maybe 5 months ago (took his existing Merc in for a service and came out with the AMG...); and now he has moved to Fiji in Jan this year (last minute thing...) so its sitting with my mum in the garage until she moves over in March. His grand plan is to leave it there until he gets back....next year...so they have soemthing to drive when they come home for holidays. Crazy. Was kinda hoping it might come my way....you know, to look after.

Not sure how the topic turned to cars, are we splurging on dream cars here? If so, give us a mint VK SS any day. :cool:

Well I was gonna start a convo about boobs but since cars came up...lets just flow with it. ...

LX A9X (SS Hatchback ) for me. Had an LX SLR 5000 a few years back and an LJ or LC GTR-XU1 in the early days (can't recall exactly which model it was). Have been looking for a HQ Coupe the last few years but big bucks now days and I have other priorities (like eating, drinking, paying bills).

You should have a look at the new IS 350 F-sport. Very nice car. I think they are a 6 second 0-100 car too which is pretty quick really - my mate has a renault RS265, that thing is ballistic and is 6 seconds too. Or wait for the new XR8 at the end of the year - supercharged and sub 5 seconds.

Yeah I see the new XR8 with the 'Miami' motor (335kw & 570Nm) comes out and then FPV are planning on some limited edition GT models before they shut the doors. But I have never owned a Ford and have no plans to start now.

Yeah understand the smaller 4 door thing - have been looking at some options too. If we did not have the little man now would def have gone for the Porcsche Caymann. Do like the XF Jags...but they are much larger. At the end of the day, I don't really want to spend so much on a car. And the wife really wants a HSV.

I do see Lexus are releasing a 335kw tweaked version of the IS F with an 8 speed auto and locking rear diff this year...:eek:

FYI - My dad bought an E63 AMG S maybe 5 months ago (took his existing Merc in for a service and came out with the AMG...); and now he has moved to Fiji in Jan this year (last minute thing...) so its sitting with my mum in the garage until she moves over in March. His grand plan is to leave it there until he gets back....next year...so they have soemthing to drive when they come home for holidays. Crazy. Was kinda hoping it might come my way....you know, to look after.

Yep old codgers are like that. Step dad has a V10 M5, it haa 20,000km on it he hardly uses it. If you were looking at a cayenne, maybe wait for the Macan? It's out late this year i think.

I think the Lexus you are talking about is the RC, it's actually bigger than an IS and not a replacement, there will be a new IS-F in a couple of years the Lexus guys in Adelaide told me. The RC/RCF is to take on the A5/S5 and 4series/M4 i think. Same engine as the ISF though. The V8 in the ISF is actually pretty severely detuned (like the 6.2 merc engine in the standard c63) and capable of much higher output without any drama.

E63 is awesome (i had an E55). Again though, absolutely huge car like the HSV. But you got a clan now so yeah you can't afford to be impulsive. Obviously safety first, then comfort/room....then if you're lucky..some grunt :D

edit: saw u said cayman not cayenne. yeah nice car, cayman s :)

Last edited:
Yeah I see the new XR8 with the 'Miami' motor (335kw & 570Nm) comes out and then FPV are planning on some limited edition GT models before they shut the doors. But I have never owned a Ford and have no plans to start now.

I'd never had a modern ford before the FG XR8 either but i gotta say it's a very nice car. Smooth, plenty of grunt, the interior is reasonably solid for an aussie car.

As for dream cars...well i'm happy with the IS-F but the ultimate would be the new Audi S8. Not that much into older cars anymore, although i have this in storage:

SDC12529.jpg

Probably the cleanest, tightest VL Calais 5.0 you will see. Interior is tan leather same as the day it left the show room. Stock engine and trans, has a KAAZ LSD with 3.73's, D&T stainless 3 inch with pacemaker coated headers, pedders suspension and $6k sound system but apart from that she's a stocker.

Yep old codgers are like that. Step dad has a V10 M5, it haa 20,000km on it he hardly uses it. If you were looking at a cayenne, maybe wait for the Macan? It's out late this year i think.

I think the Lexus you are talking about is the RC, it's actually bigger than an IS and not a replacement, there will be a new IS-F in a couple of years the Lexus guys in Adelaide told me. The RC/RCF is to take on the A5/S5 and 4series/M4 i think. Same engine as the ISF though. The V8 in the ISF is actually pretty severely detuned (like the 6.2 merc engine in the standard c63) and capable of much higher output without any drama.

E63 is awesome (i had an E55). Again though, absolutely huge car like the HSV. But you got a clan now so yeah you can't afford to be impulsive. Obviously safety first, then comfort/room....then if you're lucky..some grunt :D

edit: saw u said cayman not cayenne. yeah nice car, cayman s :)

Yeah the Cayman seems to get rave reviews. Cant afford a 911.

Yeah thats actually a really good call the Macan. They reckon once that get released the sales of all other luxury mid sized SUVs will fall off a cliff. Starting under $100k! Wow. I know the 'real-Porsche people' are not happy...at all. Good call, already checked it out online...will wait and see when it comes to the showroom. My uncle has the top of the line Cayenne V8 thing and he hates it:(. Said he came out of his place on morning and someone had smashed all the windows. Thats Sydney for ya I guess.

Dream cars of the current crop - Lamborghini's Gallardo replacemen the Huracan is an incredible looking piece of machinery. Just awesome . In Singapore here I see Lambos every day sometimes a couple at a time. Amazing considering they cost double in Singapore than Australia!!

Last edited:
Yeah the Cayman seems to get rave reviews. Cant afford a 911.

Yeah thats actually a really good call the Macan. They reckon once that get released the sales of all other luxury mid sized SUVs will fall off a cliff. Starting under $100k! Wow. I know the 'real-Porsche people' are not happy...at all. Good call, already checked it out online...will wait and see when it comes to the showroom. My uncle has the top of the line Cayenne V8 thing and he hates it:(. Said he came out of his place on morning and someone had smashed all the windows. Thats Sydney for ya I guess.

Dream cars of the current crop - Lamborghini's Gallardo replacemen the Huracan is an incredible looking piece of machinery. Just awesome . In Singapore here I see Lambos every day sometimes a couple at a time. Amazing considering they cost double in Singapore than Australia!!

I think even the top line Macan will only be 120ish, and that will be a turbo 6 and probably sub 5 second. A lot of money in SG isn't there. A lot of money in AUS too, even in Adelaide, but people don't spend it.

I think even the top line Macan will only be 120ish, and that will be a turbo 6 and probably sub 5 second. A lot of money in SG isn't there. A lot of money in AUS too, even in Adelaide, but people don't spend it.

Helps when the top marginal tax rate is only 18%. But then again, to be allowed to drive a car you need to bid for a Certificate of Entitlement which costs $70k for 10 years (was $90k last year but apparently they dropped it down now). And we complain about our rego being $625 a year!!

Helps when the top marginal tax rate is only 18%. But then again, to be allowed to drive a car you need to bid for a Certificate of Entitlement which costs $70k for 10 years (was $90k last year but apparently they dropped it down now). And we complain about our rego being $625 a year!!

lols

To be honest i don't mind public transport if it's clean and efficient. I'm as happy zoning out to an ipod or book as the next person, but yeah never again unless i move closer to the CBD

AGALLOCH will release their glorious fifth full-length album “The Serpent & The Sphere” on May 13th (North America).

Check out the jacket and sweater....oh dear.

agalloch2014.jpg

OH Yeah. Still play the mantle fortnightly

I have been listening to atmospheric metal non stop of late. Here are a couple, really need to listen to The Elk LP more than once, I listen to it daily during work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit where credit is due...got the new Within Temptation to send to the old man today (he is a massive fan) and not only a super cool 9 track bonus disc but also a 100 page did-booklet included for $26. Not a fan of the music but thats super impressive.

Megadeth Cancel All Australian Shows.

Thrash pioneers Megadeth have let it be known that they’re cancelling not only their Soundwave Festival dates, but all their Australian shows.

Message From Dave Mustaine
'All I asked for was an apology for blaming me for something I didn't do. I am still willing to play, but the promoter would rather not apologize and prefers to say I asked him to lie, which I didn't. Am I the only one that sees how easy it is to fix this? The AJ Maddah that I know is a wise and caring man, and I don't know what has happened to my old friend. My bags are packed Aussie fans.'

I'm not a Megadeth fan, but that's a pretty pisspoor excuse.

Still, you can't deny that everything AJ touches seems to turn to s**t. When will people start realising that maybe it's not everyone else and AJ is a massive cnut.

I'm guessing the side shows weren't selling welling. There was still standing space left at the forum when I enquired about it the other day.

But yeah both Dave and this promoter are coming off like big weeping pussies!!

New Cynic album available around the traps, unsure how I feel. In isolation I like it, can listen to it from start to finish pretty easily and it's enjoyable but in the same breath it's a bit of a disappointment after Traced In Air which is prob in my top 10 fave records.
I'm in the same boat. It's solid but just sounds a little 'off' sort of. I'm not a huge fan of the purely clean vocals. I liked the contrast between the growls/cleans of their previous albums. Then again, it was always going to be hard to follow up Traced in Air, which I agree is a brilliant album.

Last edited:
Still, you can't deny that everything AJ touches seems to turn to s**t. When will people start realising that maybe it's not everyone else and AJ is a massive cnut.

I agree. He seems central to all the problems behind cancellations and/or bands being kicked off Soundwave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back