Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think of machine head?

I just cannot take them seriously, I mean yeah the blackening was alright, but all i hear is this

You couldn't have picked a worse Machine Head song, haha.

Their first 2 albums were pretty good, but the album that followed (that features the song you linked) is the very definition of selling out. I'd put my last quid on them being pushed into that crap by Roadrunner trying to cash in on the nu-metal phase that was big at the time with KoRn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park etc... I bet the band look back on that period and shake their head.

You couldn't have picked a worse Machine Head song, haha.

Their first 2 albums were pretty good, but the album that followed (that features the song you linked) is the very definition of selling out. I'd put my last quid on them being pushed into that crap by Roadrunner trying to cash in on the nu-metal phase that was big at the time with KoRn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park etc... I bet the band look back on that period and shake their head.
It just ruins every time someome mentions machine head to me, i start rapping the first verse and they look at me like im some sort of dickhead

New Opeth was meant to be released sometime in June but has been pushed back to August 25. They're releasing two singles before then on June 3rd and July 17th.

Akerfeldt picking up where he left off with Heritage another record without any growling.

New Opeth was meant to be released sometime in June but has been pushed back to August 25. They're releasing two singles before then on June 3rd and July 17th.

Akerfeldt picking up where he left off with Heritage another record without any growling.

Is it going to be metal though? Heritage didn't really have anything metal about it whatsoever, I did quite like it though.

Been blasting Exodus - Another Lesson in Violence of recent times. Great sounding live album. Overall production heavy as s**t. Anyone who likes the first 2 Exodus albums should already have this. And the rest should check it out.

Has anyone heard the new Agalloch yet? I have heard (from someone who has heard it) thats its a regression in sound. Like going back further than Marrow of the Spirit...fairly bleak album that last one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it going to be metal though? Heritage didn't really have anything metal about it whatsoever, I did quite like it though.

I enjoyed Heritage as well. No growling doesn't mean it won't be heavy, they did it with Damnation. Not sure which way this one will go but it's the third album running without unclean vocals, I think they might be done with it to be honest.

I've only just stumbled across this thread and I think I can safely say most of the metal I listen to wouldn't be welcome in discussion here.

What I did take away from a quick scan of the last few pages is Primordial could be worth a listen to and I am pretty impressed with a couple of random songs I took in on Youtube.

If I were to listen to their albums, what would be the recommendation given they've released 7 albums ?

I've only just stumbled across this thread and I think I can safely say most of the metal I listen to wouldn't be welcome in discussion here.

What I did take away from a quick scan of the last few pages is Primordial could be worth a listen to and I am pretty impressed with a couple of random songs I took in on Youtube.

If I were to listen to their albums, what would be the recommendation given they've released 7 albums ?

Personal faves - "To the Nameless Dead" and "Sprit the earth AFlame".

I enjoyed Heritage as well. No growling doesn't mean it won't be heavy, they did it with Damnation. Not sure which way this one will go but it's the third album running without unclean vocals, I think they might be done with it to be honest.

True, and to be honest I prefer Opeth without the growls (I get shouted down by the true Opeth fans for saying that though). I guess Mikael has Bloodbath to get the real heavy s**t out of his system, they're not bad either.

Probably been mentioned here but has anyone got the Killer Be Killed album? Heard mixed reviews, I'm buying it anyway tonight.

My favourites would be "The gathering wilderness" and "To the nameless dead".

Been blasting Exodus - Another Lesson in Violence of recent times. Great sounding live album. Overall production heavy as s**t. Anyone who likes the first 2 Exodus albums should already have this. And the rest should check it out.
Never got around to hearing it. I'll keep an ear out.

http://www.tonedeaf.com.au/news/tournews/403905/sepultura-australian-tour-2014-announced.htm
Sepultura Australian Tour 2014
Friday 3rd October – 170 Russell – Melbourne
Saturday 4th October – Hi Fi – Brisbane
Sunday 5th October – Manning Bar – Sydney (Labour Day Eve)

Hmm, tempted to head over to Melbourne for this one but undecided. Anyone going?

Cheers for the heads up, probably wouldn't pay to see 1 og member of Sepultura though. Saw them in the 90's, was awesome!!

Very difficult, since all are of high quality. Personal favourite perhaps "Spirit the Earth Aflame", but hard to decide.
Personal faves - "To the Nameless Dead" and "Sprit the earth AFlame".
My favourites would be "The gathering wilderness" and "To the nameless dead".

Thanks guys. 2 albums named twice in 3 replies has given me something to go on.

FWIW - The Coffins Ship was the first song by this mob I listened to, pretty epic stuff right there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back