Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was reminded of an advent records australia compilation, 1995. cover art from fab gallen of vauxdvihl, could have been his one time label as far as i know. decided to go searching and was surprised and relieved to see someone had finally put windham hell on the tubes. terrible album covers, but there is something comforting about the weirdish thin production.

which brings me to vauxdvihl. was also pleased to find their 'vog' + siberian ep ul'ed after searching everywhere. 'to dimension logic' is cited as a classic but i wonder how unknown they were/are in our own country?

To be honest it sounds a bit like metalcore to me. Mind you it's only a tiny snippet and will definitely be giving the whole album a listen before making any judgements.

Yeah a little too much late-era Haunted and not enough early-era At the Gates for my liking..
Still, only a very small taste. As Nickos says, overprodcued.. Its dull and flat.

Pre-ordered new Exodus yesterday CD+DVD for $14.90! Can't beat that. Anyone heard the new song they have released? Have not managed to listen to it yet....

Now listening: Motorhead - Inferno.

Pre-ordered new Exodus yesterday CD+DVD for $14.90! Can't beat that. Anyone heard the new song they have released? Have not managed to listen to it yet....

Now listening: Motorhead - Inferno.

Where from? I haven't bought an Exodus album since Tempo of the Damned (which funnily enough, was the first on purchased since Fabulous Disaster back in 89!). Might give the new one a go though not expecting big things. I have bought both Hatriot albums, they're not bad.

Where from? I haven't bought an Exodus album since Tempo of the Damned (which funnily enough, was the first on purchased since Fabulous Disaster back in 89!). Might give the new one a go though not expecting big things. I have bought both Hatriot albums, they're not bad.

Online at WOW HD. They had a special VIP member only 17% off sale yesterday. Also got free postage.

Just listened to the new song via Blabbermouth link. Its called Salt Wounds - the song with Kirk Hammett on it. Not too bad. I personally love Zetro's vocals so for me it was pretty good. Rob Dukes was a little too generic for me...its Zetro and Baloff all the way IMO.

Edit** have not heard those Hatriot albums. Will give them a go. Not sure why I never listend to them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back