Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Fortress >>> Dark Funeral. ;) But try telling this to a lot of Australians though. :eek:
Secrets of the Black Arts was great, and although purists probably disagree - the material at least up until Attera Totus Sanctus was solid.

I haven't heard much of Dark Fortress tbh, I think I have Eidolon somewhere?? But I wasn't a huge fan of it, or at least I wasn't 5 years ago.. I think I had it ingrained in my head at the time that I enjoyed a previous album more (probably Seance?).

Another notable album from this year is Skogen's I Döden

I've got one album by Skogen, but rarely listen to them though, I've looked up their closest familiar bands and they could be up my alley, I should give them another go and listen to their new album. :)

Bought about ten albums today. Too tired to list. I'll go back tomorrow and get some more. On a music related note, I've been to Japan a number of times and it's always a laugh to see RAC sold in stores. Was in a chain store today which had SD and BA albums on display, haha. I'm stuffed lads, will finish this glass of Suntory whisky (bottle bought at a 7/11 for around $9) and nod off. Gotta get through Disneyland in the morning with the boy.

On a music related note, I've been to Japan a number of times and it's always a laugh to see RAC sold in stores. Was in a chain store today which had SD and BA albums on display, haha.

That's gold. I remember JB used to stock a bit of NSBM but I think they clued in over time and cut those bands from their lists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Picked up, inter alia, the following cds-

Sacrifice - TIF (vinyl upgrade),
Tokyo Blade - NOTB
Graveyard - The Seagrave
Zombified - CS&D
Soulburn - The Suffocating Darkness
Holocausto - CDE (vinyl upgrade)
Dream Death - Journey into Mystery (hadn't seen this on cd before, says it is New Renaissance still and released in 2000)
Riot - TPOP (Japanese pressing)
Scorpions - In Trance (Japanese pressing)

Going back for more tonight. Japanese pressing of Death or Glory with 3 extra tracks (my favourite RW album, some more Riot, see what stuff I missed etc).

Tokyo Blade - NOTB
Graveyard - The Seagrave
Zombified - CS&D
Dream Death - Journey into Mystery (hadn't seen this on cd before, says it is New Renaissance still and released in 2000)

Going back for more tonight. Japanese pressing of Death or Glory with 3 extra tracks (my favourite RW album, some more Riot, see what stuff I missed etc).

Love the Japanese releases - always bonus tracks.

Tokyo Blade - NOTB
Graveyard - The Seagrave
Zombified - CS&D

That Scorpions album is a classic, enjoy!!!

Merry Mas ov Christ to all the metalheads that have contributed to the thread in 2014, hope you've had a great day.

Listened to the albums tonight by:

1. Shape of Despair - Angels of Distress.
2. Moonspell - The Butterfly Effect.
3. Abysmal Dawn - Programmed To Consumed.
4. Mors Principium Est - The Unborn. (Their new album is excellent).
5. Poisonblack - Of Rust And Bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back