Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel at Pipe Imported demanded that I buy it one day. He said it was the best thing he had gotten in that year or month or something. So buy it I did. Some good songs on it and the production is killer.

Haha. Probably time we started posting Janecka stories.

I think Keith (KK Warslut) worked there with Daniel for a while too right? That tiny little shop.

Keith Warslut. Damon Bloodstorm. Jason Fuller from Blood Duster. Jason V from Christbait. Sure I'm missing some too. Loved that place.

It's the extreme grind art. Ever the salesman, Janecka chased some of my mates down the street once. Wait, wait - you haven't heard this one yet!

Keith Warslut. Damon Bloodstorm. Jason Fuller from Blood Duster. Jason V from Christbait. Sure I'm missing some too. Loved that place.

It's the extreme grind art. Ever the salesman, Janecka chased some of my mates down the street once. Wait, wait - you haven't heard this one yet!

Haha. There was something about those smaller independent shops that has totally gone now days. The original Metal for Melbourne etc. just so unique. Great times.

Was that the one in the little arcade??? We used to call it the Bong Shop.

On Flinders St. Still there but no music and different owners.

Yes - was a big bong store. Lady who worked there (Helen was her name) was (assume still is) right into death metal and enjoyed a chat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Flinders St. Still there but no music and different owners.

Yes - was a big bong store. Lady who worked there (Helen was her name) was (assume still is) right into death metal and enjoyed a chat.

Yeah I know exactly the one you mean. They had a downstairs area where the CDs were for a while then it became a Tattoo place and the CDs went back upstairs with all the t-shirts. I was thinking of a different shop - was in an arcade off Swanston and sold lots of bullet belts and studs etc etc.
Then of course there was Collectors Corner way further up Swanston.

Went in to smoke dreams the other day and found out they moved to a new place called highway to hell, spewing cos the downstairs section was awesome

A mate of mine got a bong lighter from smoke dreams when we were in high school. It's designed so that the flame comes out almost on a sideways angle (which is obviously helpful in this situation) and has an inbuilt stoker to boot.

Received Bloodbath's new album with Nick Holmes as vocalist on it. :)

Let us know what you think once you have had time to digest it. I am a fan for sure.

It's funny you have Nick Holmes joining a Swedish DM band, Greg McKintosh forming his own and Adrian Erlandsson drumming with PL. No wonder the Next Paradise Lost album promises to be a return to their early days.

Quick straw poll on fav Agalloch albums. Here is mine:

1. Ashes Against the Grain
2. Pale Folklore
3. The Mantle
4. The Serpent and the Sphere
5. Marrow of the Spirit

Note: have not heard the White EP but I have no doubt I would like it.

Let us know what you think once you have had time to digest it. I am a fan for sure.

It's funny you have Nick Holmes joining a Swedish DM band, Greg McKintosh forming his own and Adrian Erlandsson drumming with PL. No wonder the Next Paradise Lost album promises to be a return to their early days.

I don't mind it to be honest. Typical Swedish Death Metal sound to it. The new Paradise Lost album is most anticipated for me.

My copy of the new Marduk album Frontschwein has just been shipped from Century Media. :)

The talk of smoke dreams and stuff reminds me of my old trips to Melbourne 13 or 14 years ago before I moved here. Used to hit up Metal Mayhem then cross the road and go down stairs at Smoke Dreams. There were a few other places I don't remember the name of. One was around the corner on Elizabeth St I think, down an ally and in a basement or something. Stocked a bit more than music but had a few cool things. Another was up on Swanson St I think. Unmarked from the outside and had to walk up a few flights of stairs and stocked books and pretty generic metal but I scored a few reissued vinyls of bands like Sargeist, Hate Forest and Burzum. There was a 2nd vinyl shop nearby too I think. Best score ever was the 2nd hand music store in at the Vic markets, got original press Sodom - Mortal Way of Live double LP for $40.

Overtime at work has been stupid and I've got a massive itch to drop it on a haul but not a lot lately really tickles my fancy. Might have to do a bit of research.

Sanity was owned by the group (also owned Bras n Things) who bought out Delta and Jetts records. Then they bought out CC records. Maybe it was JETTS Records after it was CC. "Pacman 82" would know.....

Pungent Stench.....there's a name I rarely hear anymore. I have the Mondo Bizarre album somewhere.

Dunno man, Delta rings a bell. I saw old Mortal Sin & Laaz Rockit CDs at the shoppo JB a couple of years ago, was a bit out of the norm.

I see new official Marduk video for Frontschwein has been released. Get a giggle out of the drummer a bit. Someone needs to check if he has a pulse....

You should have seen them last week, he most definitely has a pulse ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back