Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is there anything worse in this god forsaken world than being out all night knowing that waiting for you at home is left-over deep pan meat lovers pizza only to get home at 1:30am and find that pizza - the only thing that kept you going all night - gone????

I mean, come on!

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd rather see Holt stick it out with Exodus even though they're small timers compared to Slayer. I'm guessing Slayer are pushing for him to be a permanent member, they don't really have a high turn over of people involved in the band, more dollars in his pocket too I suppose.
I'm not sure whos word would be more reliable, but didn't Dave Lombardo kick up a fuss that he wasn't being paid adequately at various stages throughout his history with Slayer? I wouldn't imagine anybody else who's been with them for 5 mins would get a much better deal, even if it is Gary Holt. :$

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
I'm not sure whos word would be more reliable, but didn't Dave Lombardo kick up a fuss that he wasn't being paid adequately at various stages throughout his history with Slayer? I wouldn't imagine anybody else who's been with them for 5 mins would get a much better deal, even if it is Gary Holt. :$

They make most of there money touring these days don't they

Exodus just finished. It was only a 45ish minute set, but they focused on the classics.

Blood in, blood out (blood in, blood out).
Piranha (bonded by blood).
Blacklist (tempo of the damned).
A lesson in violence (bonded by blood).
Bonded by blood (with Max Cavalera) (bonded by blood).
War is my shepherd (tempo of the damned).
The toxic waltz (fabulous disaster).
Strike of the beast (bonded by blood).

I haven't heard the new album, so can't tell you if blood in, blood out was actually two songs played one after the other, or just the one.

As you can see, they only played off four albums, and completely ignored the Dukes era.

Gary Holt is absent due to his father falling ill; his replacement is Kragen Lum, who has helped them out before.

It was a really fun, enjoyable set. I enjoyed seeing them with Zetro singing, as the previous two times I'd seen them were with Dukes in the band. While I loved Dukes-era Exodus, and he is exceptional live, the fact is Zetro is the voice of so much of their back catalogue, and it did feel right to hear him sing it live. The band were tight, and the crowd were into it, though it really should have been larger; the venue's barely at half capacity, if that.

Fear factory is up next, but I don't know their recent material, so my report probably won't be very thorough.

That was the third time I've seen fear factory, and the first in 8 or 9 years. I've skipped them a few times since, and after tonight I hope to never miss them again. That was utterly spectacular. No more can be said.

Shock (obsolete).
Edgecrusher (obsolete).
What will become (digimortal).
Damaged (digimortal).
Powershifter (mechanized).
Acres of skin (digimortal).
The industrialist (the industrialist).
Cyberwaste (archetype).
Martyr (soul of a new machine).
Scapegoat (soul of a new machine).
Archetype (archetype).
Demanufacture (demanufacture).
Self bias resistor (demanufacture).
Zero signal (demanufacture).
Replica (demanufacture).

The order in the middle may be a little confused; for instance, I don't think martyr and scapegoat were played consecutively.

Shock and edgecrusher was a brilliant way to open (I personally would have preferred big god/raped souls, but given how awesome the band were, that's just me reaching for something to gripe about), and closing with the demanufacture block felt inspired.

I can't say anything further, I'm already gushing; I honestly didn't expect to enjoy them as much as I did.

I got there too late for terror universal, so I still have no idea what they are exactly.

Soundgarden is tonight. They may not be an appropriate band for the characters that inhabit this thread, but if anyone's interested let me know and I'll post my thoughts.

Schism

Hostis Humani Generis
Aug 21, 2007
Yasmin Lee's house
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
Exodus just finished. It was only a 45ish minute set, but they focused on the classics.

Blood in, blood out (blood in, blood out).
Piranha (bonded by blood).
Blacklist (tempo of the damned).
A lesson in violence (bonded by blood).
Bonded by blood (with Max Cavalera) (bonded by blood).
War is my shepherd (tempo of the damned).
The toxic waltz (fabulous disaster).
Strike of the beast (bonded by blood).

I haven't heard the new album, so can't tell you if blood in, blood out was actually two songs played one after the other, or just the one.

As you can see, they only played off four albums, and completely ignored the Dukes era.

Gary Holt is absent due to his father falling ill; his replacement is Kragen Lum, who has helped them out before.

It was a really fun, enjoyable set. I enjoyed seeing them with Zetro singing, as the previous two times I'd seen them were with Dukes in the band. While I loved Dukes-era Exodus, and he is exceptional live, the fact is Zetro is the voice of so much of their back catalogue, and it did feel right to hear him sing it live. The band were tight, and the crowd were into it, though it really should have been larger; the venue's barely at half capacity, if that.

Fear factory is up next, but I don't know their recent material, so my report probably won't be very thorough.

great movie

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kragen Lum from Heathen.

Quite liked Blood In, Blood Out when I first got it but to be honest...I rarely reach for it much now. First 4 albums + Another Lesson in Violence will do me just fine.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
In Melbourne the Exodus set was short because they stuffed around for half of it doing sound.

Enjoyed Mayhem in the hot tin shed. Pretty much just smashed out Deathcrush and DMDS tunes.

Not a real lot of metal on offer this year but really liked Soundgarden and Faith No More were worth the admission alone. On Saturday night we weren't keen on any of the headliners and just chose Smashing Pumpkins. But about 4 songs in we were bored and I was nearly asleep and decided to go check out Slipknot. Credit where it is due, those blokes are performers. Their stage set up was awesome and they really put on a show. Ended up going home after they played a couple tunes off their self titled which satisfied my high school nostalgia.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Bought a heap of death metal at Dixons yesterday (Morgue, Centinex, Chapel of Disease etc) plus some thrashy stuff (Violator, Municipal Waste etc). Also got the new Scorpions at JB. At the moment though, listening to Too Fast For Love. Looking forward to May 12, primarily as a Cooper fan.

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bought a heap of death metal at Dixons yesterday (Morgue, Centinex, Chapel of Disease etc) plus some thrashy stuff (Violator, Municipal Waste etc). Also got the new Scorpions at JB. At the moment though, listening to Too Fast For Love. Looking forward to May 12, primarily as a Cooper fan.

Classic Crüe - Why they left "Toast of the Town" of the Elektra version still mystifies me to this very day...

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251841863782?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Does Mr. Dee Snider, want to buy this CD off me on Ebay? I need enough for the new Scorpions album. I have two copies of Serpent Sermon. lol

Na kinda going off a lot of BM stuff really.....

Just 5 minutes ago OPHIS - "Abhorrence in Opulence" arrived along with God Dethroned's final album "Under the Sign of the Iron Cross". So it will be a pleasant drive home from work this afternoon.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I got emailed a link to download the new Psycroptic album last week which I thought i'd give a try.. seeing as it's free and I used to be an avid listener many moons ago, I finally got around to chucking it on my phone for a listen. I'll preface it by mentioning that I was never a fan of the new vocalist and kinda flaked out shortly after he got onboard, but what they're doing these days is completely unrecognisable, I don't know what they're going for. It's Technical, but more just for the sake of being technical rather than being heavy or catchy/enjoyable. It just sounds like a whole lot of filler. Listening to it, I found it hard to imagine who this kinda thing would actually appeal to, but meh.. They must be doing something right these days.

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
tempted to see opeth again, provided the majority of their set list is old school stuff. last time I went to see them was three years ago for that tour where they only played clean vocal stuff, was disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back