Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up a heap of original pressing bm cds from circa 93 - 95 today at Dixons for $8 a pop (Gorgoroth, DT, Mayhem, Dissection, Beherit etc). Have all already but couldn't resist. Blasting Gorgoroth's Pentagram now - been a while as my record player is out of commission and probably haven't listened to in close to a decade.

Picked up a heap of original pressing bm cds from circa 93 - 95 today at Dixons for $8 a pop (Gorgoroth, DT, Mayhem, Dissection, Beherit etc). Have all already but couldn't resist. Blasting Gorgoroth's Pentagram now - been a while as my record player is out of commission and probably haven't listened to in close to a decade.

Every now and then if you pop in just at the right time someone has unloaded a whole stack of goodies. Sounds like you hit it just at the precise moment. Blackburn or Dandenong Dixons?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$20 at JB. Really got it for the live album. Bet the crowd was pumped when they opened with Love Bites. Probably rank the 80s albums as follows.

British Steel
Defenders of the Faith (first side - second side really drops off)
Screaming
Daylight
Point of Entry
Ram it Down
Turbo

Last three albums ranked by enjoyment of the 1 or 2 songs of each I like.

70s Priest is my favourite.

New Enforcer sounds really good from the bits I have heard ( first 5-6 songs).

UDO - heard maybe 3 songs. Guitar sound is great. Speeder & Rebels of the Night stood out from memory. Pain sounded like an Accept song I had heard before.... Many times before.

Those are some serious $$ for each album.

Last edited:
Has taken me 6 months but finally got around to grabbing BAN Memoria Vetusta III.

Must have listened to Tellus Mater 3 times in a row....what a song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back