Injury BigFooty GIANTS injury report 2014 - Patton ACL (will undergo traditional knee reconstruction)

Remove this Banner Ad

Palmer out 3-4 weeks with the hamstring. Hopefully his only injury for the year...

The vibe to me - not reported for two days, few details when it was reported, still in hospital two days later, kidney - says it could be at least somewhat serious. But I could be wrong and we won't know until more details are released.

Without wanting to divulge any details, I'm told it was extremely serious and that we won't be seeing him on the park for some time.

Really unfortunate for Davis, he played the best game I've seen him play ans was doing most of it injured.

The uncertainty suggests seriousness to me. Many years ago a team mate lost his spleen from a fairly simple on field incident.

I hope he has a speedy recovery and is back soon playing like he did against Buddy on Saturday. His long term health, of course, should be top priority.

Phil Davis has a four year deal, and he played tough in the early years, topping it with absolutely schooling Buddy Franklin in our breakthrough win against the Swans.

If the club goes 'You arent risking dialysis for us, kid', then he is still going to be one of the heroes of the Giants that kids talk about in fifty years.

I was furious when he left us but enjoyed watching him destroy Buddy on the weekend - his best game in a long time.

Hope he pulls up okay. Sadly I don't think he will be the only player who will be nursing injuries after playing against Franklin this year.

I just hope this injury wasn't inflicted as a result of something deliberate from Buddy.

Nah, it was a totally inocuous knee from Craig Bird, when Phil and a couple of others were at the bottom of a pack. Absolutely nothing in it that you don't see twenty times in a game. Just obviously caught him wrong. Wasn't even in the back, more the side.

Update from the club: Davis is in ICU for another day and in hospital for at least a further week. Diagnosed with bleeding from the kidney.

Update from the club: Davis is in ICU for another day and in hospital for at least a further week. Diagnosed with bleeding from the kidney.

I'm happy about the response - it doesnt look like he's lost a kidney. If he needs the rest of the year to get right, Im fine with that.

Lonergan was out for over a season, his was worse obviously, but you just don't f#ck around with things like kidneys. 6 months minimum I'd say.

This is a massive shame. Hope he gets well soon. Do we have a replacement that can do as well realistically ? Don't know who else would have done the job in buddy that Phil did

This is a massive shame. Hope he gets well soon. Do we have a replacement that can do as well realistically ? Don't know who else would have done the job in buddy that Phil did

So davis gone long term, Mohr still about 5 weeks away and Gilham down as test in the latest injury report fair to say we are a bit short handed.
At this stage I would lean towards playing Corr over Tomlinson, Plowman or Giles.

Also we were already looking at bringing in a key defender next year, would say thats a lock to happen now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

8 weeks minimum :( I would say much longer than that. He may never get back to his best because he will be so nervous about hurting the other kidney.

He was so important on Saturday. I don't know of the other guys will be good enough to hold the big key forwards. Wonder how frostys shoulder is :( just when we looked like we may win a few games.

Guess Giles will get that defence roll now :)

8 weeks minimum :( I would say much longer than that. He may never get back to his best because he will be so nervous about hurting the other kidney.

He was so important on Saturday. I don't know of the other guys will be good enough to hold the big key forwards. Wonder how frostys shoulder is :( just when we looked like we may win a few games.

Seems a waste but we might actually be forced to play Cameron down back until Mohr returns

If Phil Davis is not comfortable coming back because of fear of re-damaging his kidneys, then we pay out every darn dollar of his contract, and then find him a job around the club.

“We had a look at the kidney and it looked alright, I didn’t have any pain where he was touching ... I thought it was more of a rib so I was like ‘that’s alright, I’ll play with a broken rib, that’s fine, whatever’.

:eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused:

Puts George Smilovic's "I'm Tuff" to shame really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back