Injury BigFooty GIANTS injury report 2014 - Patton ACL (will undergo traditional knee reconstruction)

Remove this Banner Ad

No surgery but I figured surgery would result in faster healing process.
Surgery heals slower. Surgery also tends to mean the break wasn't clean, and/or the doctors were concerned about it healing cleanly.

Sad for Jeremy but happy we have a genuine reason for his form. It was hard to explain his lack of explosiveness this year, now we know 100% that the kid was wounded.

Hopefully he comes back bigger and better than ever and signs a nice 5 year contract with the Giants as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad for Jeremy but happy we have a genuine reason for his form. It was hard to explain his lack of explosiveness this year, now we know 100% that the kid was wounded.

Hopefully he comes back bigger and better than ever and signs a nice 5 year contract with the Giants as well.

This

My one annoyance with the Giants as a club (and they are probably no different to any other) is some of the rubbish we hear or don't hear on injuries. Leon a couple of weeks ago was saying Jeremy was fine, hearing Jeremy interviewed about the surgery clearly he wasn't.

Any way great to get Jezza to sort it out properly and give Boyd more opportunity.

How soon do we get Hampton and Haynes back? Not really like for like on Mohr but they would be handy ins right about now.

Haynes is also gone for the season & Hampton might be back for rd 22-23 so doubt we will bring him back this season.
So would think we would look at Frost & Jaksch to fill in the gap for Mohr

Poor Tim Mohr...just had a bugger of a year with injury. Even though he still makes the odd clanger I reckon he's going to be a real good defender. His speed and agility through the back is very impressive.

Looks like we are putting a few out to pasture, with us not a finals contender it makes sense giving them every chance to do a full pre-season. Reckon Dylan Shiel will be the next cab off the ranks.

We will find it hard to win again with all the outs but as long as the lads keep developing. We can give some nice minutes to Boydy and Kelly which will help them heaps and blokes like WHE and maybe Bunts who have had injury interrupted careers can really start shining.

Looking like we might finish with pick 2 in the draft if results go as I expect them. That should net us Petracca who I suspect we really want. He is the x factor Bontempelli of 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back