Competition BigFooty Logo Upgrade Competition - $350 first prize

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that we've upgraded our mobile theme, it is time for a...

Logo upgrade!

The BigFooty.com logo needs a face lift.

It is looking a bit tired after nigh on 15 years of service.

Deadline: September 21st, 2014

Why a competition?

Rather than go to somewhere like 99designs, we think our members might like first crack at designing the new logo. We've chosen the FGD board to house the competition thread.

What do we want?

We want a modern, slick logo.

It doesn't have to be a total reinvention of our current logo - you could just clean it up and apply your graphic design skills to make it more exciting and/or attractive.

The image should be supplied as a vector file so it can be resized for various purposes, but you should post a gif or jpeg in this thread for judging.

What do you get?

The winner of this design competition gets our eternal gratitude and fame across the boards!

No, really...

Plus $350 cash, a special badge and a year's Platinum membership!

Runners up get a special badge and a year's Platinum membership.

Sir, I am a professional! I would not hawk my wares for this pittance!

If you're a professional graphic artist we'll also be happy to promote your services as our design champion to the ~500,000 people who visit BigFooty a month. Announcements, emails, Tweets, links to your site etc etc.

So you'll definitely use the winning entry?

We plan to, but reserve the right to change our mind.

To Enter

Post your entry as a PNG, GIF or JPEG in this thread. We'll take into account likes received on your entry post and make a decision on the winner and two runners up.

You can enter as many times as you like.

Last edited:

You also need a tagline to go with the new logo.

Seinfeld-Leaving.gif

Here's my go at it.
Bigfootylogo.jpg
Now I did use photoshop cs4 as that still works on my computer. Also I'm prepared to email through my original which is the photoshop one but depending upon what version windows you guys have it might be a pain in the arse.
With the tagline of the world's largest forum I thought why not use that because it's been proven that it's truthful. I also added a pic of a sherrin footy so that people from overseas don't get confused.
Also I have used the Green and Gold of Australia because world wide that's us.
I also took into account the colours of the actual mobile site which is kind of a bit dull so I picked these colours because it goes really well with charcol and grey.

• Admin
Here's my go at it.
View attachment 68552
Now I did use photoshop cs4 as that still works on my computer. Also I'm prepared to email through my original which is the photoshop one but depending upon what version windows you guys have it might be a pain in the arse.
With the tagline of the world's largest forum I thought why not use that because it's been proven that it's truthful. I also added a pic of a sherrin footy so that people from overseas don't get confused.
Also I have used the Green and Gold of Australia because world wide that's us.
I also took into account the colours of the actual mobile site which is kind of a bit dull so I picked these colours because it goes really well with charcol and grey.
Don't ever change, thinkingcat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that we've upgraded our mobile theme, it is time for a...

Logo upgrade!

The BigFooty.com logo needs a face lift.

It is looking a bit tired after nigh on 15 years of service.

Why a competition?

Rather than go to somewhere like 99designs, we think our members might like first crack at designing the new logo. We've chosen the FGD board to house the competition thread.

What do we want?

We want a modern, slick logo.

It doesn't have to be a total reinvention of our current logo - you could just clean it up and apply your graphic design skills to make it more exciting and/or attractive.

The image should be supplied as a vector file so it can be resized for various purposes, but you should post a gif or jpeg in this thread for judging.

What do you get?

The winner of this design competition gets our eternal gratitude and fame across the boards!

No, really...

Plus $350 cash, a special badge and a year's Platinum membership!

Runners up get a special badge and a year's Platinum membership.

Sir, I am a professional! I would not hawk my wares for this pittance!

If you're a professional graphic artist we'll also be happy to promote your services as our design champion to the ~500,000 people who visit BigFooty a month. Announcements, emails, Tweets, links to your site etc etc.

So you'll definitely use the winning entry?

We plan to, but reserve the right to change our mind.

To Enter

Post your entry as a PNG, GIF or JPEG in this thread. We'll take into account likes received on your entry post and make a decision on the winner and two runners up.

You can enter as many times as you like.
The logo is pretty good at the moment, pretty hard to replace

Remove this Banner Ad

Back