Welcome BigFooty Saints Board Introductions - What's your background in following the Saints?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hayes4PM

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saw this on a lot of other boards, thought especially for new posters would be good as a first pit stop.
I'll get the ball rolling..
Male.
Grew up in a small town called upwey, now live in carlscum.
Love the saints, love Jack billings.

>Grew up in upwey
>Claims to know about a big fish landing at the Saints
>Claims to know about Rory Sloane info

Joop is Rory Sloane.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
47 old male
live in the Berwick area
mow lawns when I'm not playing Golf
and Trevor Barker was an amazing Saint

felsty

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints
25 from eastern Victoria, now living in north-eastern suburbs! Have bumped into Billings and Joey a few times around the traps. Predominantly magpies supporters out this way though. Heavily outnumbered!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 26, 2007
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne United
27 male, live in Eastern suburbs now, grew up in Waverley area, dad grew up around Moorabin.
Work as a (junior) doctor, girlfriend is a Collingwood supporter but the tide is slowly changing in that regard.
Stewart Loewe all time favourite player, Riewoldt and Armitage currently.

Live in the West Burbs of melb. All the family are mad Saints fans since the mid 70's. Ive been going to games since 1978. Ive got a few kids.
Ive long since retired, my sons moved away.
I called him up just the other day. i said "id like to see you if you dont mind".
He said "id love to dad if i could find the time, you see the new jobs a hassle and the kids have the flu"
"But its sure nice talking to you dad, its sure nice talking to you".
As i hung up the phone it occurred to me, he'd grown up just like me, my boy was just like me.
And the cats in the cradle and.........................................................o_O
s**t!!!!! that radio in the background is so distracting.

Last edited:
Live in Hobart and I am 60. I remember sitting on the wood heap listening to the trans in September 1966. One defining moment in my life.
I have loved the Saints since being pointed to them by a painter in about 1963. I love every moment and always feel good about something. I don't have expectations, only pleasures. I really enjoy the young players and rate them all, but really like Jack Lonie. Josh Bruce will be All Australian, as will several other youngsters.

Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
Rory
- From Mentone, have lived in Shitney for the last 7 years
- Married
- 1 little bloke & another bub due August
- Saints supporter my whole life, as is Dad & it's all due to my Grandmother semi-following StKilda as her local South Warrnambool hero Colin Watson played for us from 1920-1935 & won the 1925 Brownlow

Back