BigFooty Servers

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome idea. TF2 would be an obvious choice, seeing as their seems to be loads of people on here playing it. BF3 would likely be a good choice too, maybe even a Killing Floor server considering their would only need be 6 slots?

• Admin
Be warned Chief. BF3 servers are extremely expensive. I'm going in with 80 other people for one and it's costing us each over $15.

/Fishing for how much BF makes/year.

i3D.net are the only ones who have responded so I'll see if we can get a 'bulk' deal from them with a Ventrilo server as well.

Have asked for a price on:

1 BF3 server, 16 slots
1 Minecraft server, 15 slots
1 TF2 server, 16 slots (more expensive than BF3 with a 10 Euro/month surcharge!)
Plus a private 30 voice slot Ventrilo server.

If all goes well they may be running by Monday, though theMinecraft server will require more prep to set it up with appropriate mods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the incentive here for Bigfooty?

Basically I'll program the servers to flash subliminal messages. 'Buy a membership', 'vote Greens', stuff like that.

Don't tell these idiots, though. That will stuff my plans big time.

What's the incentive here for Bigfooty?

to expand his site, these servers are a investment to expand into a new market. Gaming sites/hubs are usually very successful in taking advantage of gaming specific ads and have higher conversion rates than ads for other niche's. Given the potential of Bigfooty one would think Chief is not happy with his ~$80,000 per month of adsense revenue.

As for the the servers I would definitely recommend TF2 like everyone else has.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back