BigFooty Servers

Remove this Banner Ad

i3D.net are the only ones who have responded so I'll see if we can get a 'bulk' deal from them with a Ventrilo server as well.

Have asked for a price on:

1 BF3 server, 16 slots
1 Minecraft server, 15 slots
1 TF2 server, 16 slots (more expensive than BF3 with a 10 Euro/month surcharge!)
Plus a private 30 voice slot Ventrilo server.

If all goes well they may be running by Monday, though theMinecraft server will require more prep to set it up with appropriate mods.

BF3 only 16 slots?? Should be min. 32 otherwise what would be the point.

If it isn't cost effective to have a 32 player server then don't bother.

Alltalk, No-Crits, Autoscramble + mapchange

Non-vanilla, why would you want vanilla? It gets boring after a while, you need some variety.

Chief's not going to set up a niche server as his primary. No server hosts do that. Maps like degroot keep, sniperfort etc. only appear way down server lists.

While awesome fun to play, commercially more people are going to be playing *ing 2fort instaspawn then some obscure mod.

BTW Chief, please let the server rotate through at least the stock maps, I am so sick of 2fort instaspawn right now

BF3 only 16 slots?? Should be min. 32 otherwise what would be the point.

If it isn't cost effective to have a 32 player server then don't bother.

I know nothing about BF3, thanks for the info I'll up it to 32, run it for a few months and if it doesn't get the players we'll switch it off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know nothing about BF3, thanks for the info I'll up it to 32, run it for a few months and if it doesn't get the players we'll switch it off.

With BF3 and any Battlefield game prior you have massive amount of space and if it were only 8 players per side it woudln't attract enough people.

32 is medium ground which should fill up nicely. (64 players being the max on PC)

If you do go ahead with it I'd suggest a rotation of most maps to begin with on either Conquest or Rush (personally I prefer conquest but you may look to change it and say have one week rush, one week conquest)

Bah!

I had a deal on the four servers and then he mentions "oh yeah this deal only applies if all servers start on the 27th when BF3 is released".

:mad:

Well that sucks. Now what?

According to ID3 have the Minecraft and TF2 servers set up by tomorrow.

BF3 and Ventrilo will be on or about the 27th.

Which reminds me I should pre-order a copy of BF3 :)
Love your work, Chiefton. :thumbsu:

According to ID3 have the Minecraft and TF2 servers set up by tomorrow.

BF3 and Ventrilo will be on or about the 27th.

Which reminds me I should pre-order a copy of BF3 :)

How good a spec is your home pc? BF3 needs a bit of grunt to run

All done

TF2: 109.200.212.63:27015

MC: 109.200.212.63:25565

Hosted in Sydney.

I've made no changes to either setup, and the MC server will be loaded up with a new map and mods so anything you do in there won't be permanent. It's PVP so I want to see some fistfights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back