BigFooty Song Contest, Host: Loonerty, Theme: TV themes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing patterns to what wins, I decided to do a little stat collating of my own to see if the data backed it up. It did. Below is a graph indicating the voting trends for what decade the winning song was released in.

Q1s1ExQ.jpg

Things explained with words:
Raid that 80's safe whenever possible. Songs from the 80's have a staggering 31% chance of winning.
If you must stray from the 80s, only go as far as the 90s or 70s if you still want to be on the statistics' side.
Do not nominate a 2010's song and expect to win.
1981, 1983 and 1997 lead the way with 3 wins each.

Notes:
There have been 44 rounds so far, but the stats add up to 45 due to 2 results for the "Same Name But Different Song" round.
Of the 4 wins for the 00's, one was the "Worst Top 40" round so is a winner in name only.

After seeing patterns to what wins, I decided to do a little stat collating of my own to see if the data backed it up. It did. Below is a graph indicating the voting trends for what decade the winning song was released in.

Q1s1ExQ.jpg

Raid that 80's safe whenever possible. Songs from the 80's have a staggering 31% chance of winning.
If you must stray from the 80s, only go as far as the 90s or 70s if you still want to be on the statistics' side.
1981, 1983 and 1997 lead the way with 3 wins each.

Notes:
There have been 44 rounds so far, but the stats add up to 45 due to 2 results for the "Same Name But Different Song" round.
Of the 4 wins for the 00's, one was the "Worst Top 40" round so is a winner in name only.
The Cabal is real!

You've changed man.

I know that people lose their sense of humour when they become mods but it seems they also lose their taste in music.

To be fair anything in the 80s has been awesome. Most of my favourite songs are from there.

Most of my favourite songs would be from the 90s followed by the 80s and 70s, it's not surprising most of the winners come from those decades.

I've nominated quite a few post 2000 songs though so I can't be accused of bote whoring.

I know that people lose their sense of humour when they become mods but it seems they also lose their taste in music.

My taste is fine. It's a boring durge written by stoners for stoners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far half of the 17 nominations are 70's, most of the rest are 80's with the odd naughty chucked in by posters who've changed,

Guess I'm screwed for this round then.

1971, 1972 x3,1975, 1976,1977

1980,1984,1985 x2,1986

2000,2002, 2007

So the norm continues.

Last edited:
If I win this contest, I'll make the next theme "Music that would go well with Jack Darling dropping an easy chest mark"

In b4 Horses and Benny Hill Theme

5. Sugar Man
4. White Rabbit
3. Comfortably Numb
2. Purple Pills
1. Interstate Love Song

When I read the category, I thought Cos I Got High was auto-billy. Until I heard Run to Paradise. Billy that s**t.

Having partaken of a little Mothers Daughters Married Aunts prior to listening, my votes should have counted double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back